I had mentioned this in my Top 5 products under Rs 200 post and have since then been getting so many requests to review this so here goes.This is the Maybelline New York Expert Wear Blush in Apricot Flush.
What Maybelline says: Expert Wear Blush with jet milled spherical powders provides soft, true, fade-free natural color for hours and hours.Silky soft texture blends evenly and easily.Oil free.Non comedogenic – Won’t clog pores.Dermatologist tested.
- The colour- Its a universally flattering gorgeous peachy apricot orange with gold shimmer in it. IMO its the best blush for indian skin in this price category.
- Its a shimmery blush but its not overpowering glitter- so you can safely wear this during the day time, or use it as a top coat for the night time over an existing blush (I use it over MAC peaches)
- Its highly pigmented- it will show up on pretty much all skin tones- and just a couple of strokes give you a nice peachy glow
- It stays on for long ! Probably stays on as long as any drugstore blush possibly can
- Love the texture it gives- its got a very satiny texture and makes your cheeks appear very smooth, and even though i have dry skin- it doesnt look dry and cakey like other powder blushes
- Blending is a breeze- the powder is so fine that even a makeup novice can blend it
- The price obviously!. It now costs Rs 205/- which is peanuts for a blush
- Nice Handy packaging- you can carry it around in your bag.
- The brush that comes with it.Its absolutely horrible – its scratchy, and not fluffy and i would recommend that you just throw it away when you open it cos its of no use.
- Love everything else !!!
What it reminds me of : MAC Peaches with gold shimmer. This is possibly the drugstore dupe for MAC peaches, except this has shimmer
Who would wear it : I am convinced that Blair Waldorf wears this exact shade of apricot blush. Im sure hers is some super expensive brand but this is exactly what lair waldorf’s apricot blush looks like
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.