Maybelline Color Sensation Lip glosses Swatches+ Bannoffie Pie!

by mehak on September 25, 2010

in lipgloss, Maybelline

Two totally unrelated things in a single post , but bear with me cos both things i super love.
First of, i swatched all the maybelline color sensation lipglosses i could find at my nearest store. I prefer the lipglosses to the lipsticks in the same range. I dunno why, but i always find myself drawn to these glosses rather than the lipsticks- im not so much a lipstick person anyway.

Clockwise from bottom left: Cranberry Cocktail, Pink Perfection, Plumtastic, Hooked on Pink, Sugared HoneySugared Honey and Hooked on Pink are my personal favs and for those who can carry off bright red lips, i think Cranberry Cocktail is a super super shade. Highly Recommended glosses.

Moving on to the second part of the title of this post. If you live in Delhi, and havent yet had a taste of Big Chill Cafe’s  Bannoffee Pie, you have definitely missed out on something! It is the most amazing dessert  ever made with banana and toffee . Now before you  go ” ewwww banana” and close this screen, let me tell you i hate banana’s myself. I dont want to hurt its feelings but i feel its a waste of a fruit. Inspite of that i LOVE this dessert and i recently came across a super simple recipe and i had to try it.
Ok , so a little disclaimer before i begin- Im one of those  girls whose cooking gene is missing.  I think the gene fairy replaced my cooking gene with a shopping gene and so the thought of going into a kitchen and cooking something completely bores me out. I do however, love making desserts, and so i always look for the super simplest recipes to go ..and this is one of them. Enjoy!

1. Take 400gm can of milkmaid (condensed milk) , put the entire can without opening it  into a large vessel filled with boiling water. Boil for 3 hours (Yes 3 hours people- just forget about the can and go do other stuff- only make sure that the water doesnt dry out – there needs to be water in the vessel always). You do this because 3 hours of boiling apparently turns milmaid into toffee ..Who knew!
2. Crush 250 gm of digestive biscuits and mix with 3 tbsp of melted butter to make a ‘cheesecake type’ crust. Put this crusty mixture as a layer at the bottom of your pan.Rerigerate
3. Take 3 bananas – cut them up very very finely and put over the crust.
4. Put the toffee (boiled milkmaid) over the bananas.
5. Put whipped cream over the toffee
6. Dust with cocoa powder, grated chocolate and whatever else catches your fancy
7. Refridgerate for an hour

There it is ..Bannoffie pie is ready..yummm
Did you notice theres no sugar in that recipe? The milkmaid is sweet enough to compensate more than enough for any sugar you need and putting no sugar gives me a nice psychological satisfaction that what im eating is healthy!

bhumika September 25, 2010 at 7:14 pm

nice recipe….bt 3 hrs !!!

bhumika September 25, 2010 at 7:15 pm

n sugared honey looks gud !!

Mehak September 25, 2010 at 7:19 pm

@bhumika- yes 3 hours is a big pain, but i just put it on and forgot about it , did my thing- believe me its worth it cos the rest of the stuff is so simple…

Jasmine Lee September 25, 2010 at 7:44 pm

wow love cranberry cocktail and hooked on pink!! great shades!

xoxo, jaz

The Beautifier September 25, 2010 at 9:22 pm

ohh those are some lovely swatches, I love Maybelline lippies! Ah that banoffie pie looks so yummmmmm! xoxo

Lady Gabby September 25, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Cool post :D Haha, I think I got the shopping gene instead of the cooking gene as well, because I manage to burn pop-tarts.

indianmakeupways September 26, 2010 at 3:48 am

heyyyyyy nice swatches! I hav not yet tried their glosses but i think its time. by the way amazing recipe sounds and looks yum. will try.

A Lot Like Fashion September 26, 2010 at 10:09 am

Oh wow! So you can cook, always impressive..more so coz I'm a disaster with it! :)
Love Big chill! *Drool*

indianmakeupways September 26, 2010 at 11:56 am

hey i have given u an award. come and check it out:)

ladylavendersays September 26, 2010 at 1:58 pm

The gene fairy missed me by a mile too.. so i know what you mean. I can't make dessert to save my life.. I tried making caramel custard which is the simplest recipe in the world and ended up drowning the kitchen counter in milk… but that looks really good… maybe i can convince my mom to try it out :P. I do try the occasional cooking once a month to convince my mom i wouldn't starve to death if i had to live alone…

Really liked the plumtastic shade.

Mehak September 26, 2010 at 2:06 pm

@Alotlikefashion – im a disaster with it too, in the past i have burnt even microwve popcorn, but this one was really simple

@ladylavendersays – haha, i know what yo mean- i once burnt all the hair on my crown whilst making a grilled cheese toast..

anamika September 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

Hearing so much about the maybelline lippies..have to get hold of them…

by the way..i am going to try this mouth watering recipe..and genes are it nail art, make up or food…they don't know which thing to master:D

do i have to refrigerate the layer of crushed biscuits as well? and if yes then for how long?

Tanveer Parmar September 27, 2010 at 5:56 am

I too love Maybelline colorsensational lipglosses. I quite like Hooked on Pink myself :)

& The pie looks so yummy!

Mehak September 27, 2010 at 6:39 am

@anamika- ya you should refridgerate it- as long as you di it for a cheesecake..twenty minutes is more than enough