- The Texture: I like my foundations to be thin and moisturizer consistency and that is exactly what this is. It is not thick at all, and when you wear it on your face you kind of forget that you have anything on. It really is more of a tinted moisturizer i feel because its so weightless its a dream to apply
- The Colour : Im amazed at how Lakme gets colours for indian skin right even with just 3 shades while MAC doesnt always do it with 30! I am a medium shade in this which is “Marble” and the colour matches me to a T. I dont even bother about buffing it out or lines showing because its such a close match. It also has a distinct yellow undertone which works well for my skin.
- The Coverage: I am a low coverage girl and this gives a sheer to medium coverage which can be built up. So for someone like me, who doesnt want very heavy coverage but just a product that evens out my skin tone, this is the perfect everyday foundation
- The Finish- I like that it gives a nice subtle healthy glow to the face, it blends seamlessly into your skin and you dont feel cakey or heavy AT ALL. That is why i was more than happy to slather this all over the face in the summer. Its also not drying so brownie points in moisture department.
- Its a classic Lakme problem- the foundations dont last and this one is no different. I work everyday in an airconditioned environment so im good to go with this but for someone who is going to be facing a scorching indian sun, not recommended.
- Of late, as the weather has gotten cooler my skin is becoming flaky, iv noticed that its not really helping the flakiness.
- Yhis is the foundation equivalent of lays chips.. Yknow how Lay’s packet of chips have air in half of the bag and chips in the other half. Basically less product? This is it
Will i repurchase Lakme Silk Naturelle Daily Foundation? : Yes, in the summer months when i want the lightest foundation possible without looking cakey . Its so easy to apply -before office when you have just about 5 minutes to get ready. Not in winter because its not helping flakiness
SPF: 8 with an invitro study (yeah..right)
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!