Bourjois Powder Blush in Brun Cuivre 03

by mehak on November 7, 2010

in Blush, Bourjois

There is something very unique and  romantic about Bourjois Blushes- the little dome shaped baked blushers look so rustic , and the swirls of peach and gold , with french names such as ‘Brun Cuivre’ tend to transport you to the city of Paris.  ‘Brun Cuivre’ in french translates to ‘Copper Brown’  (Thanks to google languages). I dont quite agree with this translation because i dont find anything coppery or browny (is that a word?) in this.

Bourjois Blush Brun Cuivre Colour

This represents the kind of blush i own far too many of, and yet still go out and get some more.Its a very soft peach, with just a very subtle hint of baby pink and orange and tiny silvery copper shimmer specks all over it. I dont think the pictures do it justice honestly it really is a gorgeous gorgeous colour. If you like soft peachy coral blushes you will adore this

one, because the peach has earthy rose undertones and together its
a rather stunning combination. I find this very similar in colour to MAC springsheen (the swatches are very similar even though in the pan they look different), wont really call it a dupe though because Springsheen is a bit more pinker when it goes on. This is apparently though a well known dupe for “Chanel Joues Contraste 15 Orchid Rose”. Chanel is a sister company for Bourjois so im not surpised

Bourjois Blush Brun Cuivre Texture and Staying power
These are baked blushes- and the hard dome shaped shell  isnt the kind which would make the product powdery and flying around here and there which is a good thing. They very easily get loaded onto the brush and once on your skin they give a silken texture- not powdery or chalky. That is provided you dont use the brush provided cos i find that quite useless honestly. I quite like the texture on my skin – it goes on very smooth. Staying power is pretty good too- this is definitely not an everyday blush, its a night out blush. So going by that , it lasted me a solid 6 hours before it began to fade away.

Bourjois Blush Brun Cuivre: Left:Unblended, Right: Blended.
Adore the colour its so stunning on my NC 30 skin

What i dont like about it
I am not a shimmer girl, and this does have a bit of it. But ofcourse i knew that when i bought it. Its quite alright for one or two  strokes, but you cant build this up because the shimmer grows more and more and you are likely to end up look like a glitter monkey.So if you dont like shimmer, like i dont then you need to apply it carefully because too much of it and it can get very very shimmery.

Other Info about Bourjois Blush
Price: Rs575/- (12$)  for 0.08 OZ (It looks little but it will last you forever)
Other Variants: Bourjois has a range of options with quite a charming history about them. Cynthia from IVC has a great post about them with all the blush colours available. You can check it out here
Additional stuff:The blushes come with a handy applicator mirror on the inside and a tiny brush (i dont like the brush too much though). Also these blushes are fragranced subtly
Would i repurchase : I wont need to repurchase this one, but i will definitely want to give some matte ones from Bourjois a shot. I wuite like the quality
Final Verdict: 3.75/5 – i just wish i could build it up without building the shimmer out- it would be a winner ! Otherwise, its a beautiful peach shade which would suit all skin tones

Beauty Addict November 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I actually like it very much indeed! It looks really pretty on your swatch

Jennifer November 7, 2010 at 2:08 pm

looks nice when swatched! I used to have one blush from Bourjois but i guess the surface of the blush has hardened over time and i didn't get any color payoff -_-'' maybe i should give them a try!

PnB November 7, 2010 at 2:24 pm

@Beautyaddict: yup the colour looks very diferent when swatched
@jennifer : thats a problem with bourjois blushes sine they are th surfae hardens the colour payof worsens

borabora November 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm

coucou il est super chouette :D

Soft, Sweet and Gentle November 7, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I have been waiting to try this..,,

beautydiva November 7, 2010 at 10:43 pm

cool color, looks very different on your wrist :)

Hannah November 7, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Very english rose. x

PnB November 8, 2010 at 5:14 am

@borabora : dont understand yr language but im guessing yr saying super pretty?

@Softsweetandgentle : you should..its grea

@beautydiva- yup, it looks boring in the pan but stunning when swatched

@Hannah- Very english rose indeed

Tanveer Parmar November 8, 2010 at 10:25 am

I have one blush from Bourjois & to say I love it is an understatement! I really like these cute little babies. I just find the packaging a little tough, they are very difficult to open and plus the hinge on my lid broke. Makes it a pain to store, but otherwise they are great!

Poohkie November 8, 2010 at 2:10 pm

The swatch looks lovely. I've never been a blush person, but thanks to countless beauty blog swatches, I've been eying several…not good when I'm trying to reduce my makeup. In any case, Bourjois is a brand that I have never really explored – the fact that I couldn't pronounce the name didn't help :P I need to explore more…

Cynthia Z November 8, 2010 at 8:01 pm

It looks gorgeous! And yes I agree about the shimmer. Now stop buying peach blushes n try out different shades…But who am I to talk? LOL…I am a coral blush wh**e atm haha…

Btw, thanks for the link love girl.

PnB November 9, 2010 at 6:00 am

@Tanveer- Really? Didnt have that issue with mine

@Poohkie- Haha, i know wht u mean. But its worth checking out. Its underrated and often ignored IMO

@Cynthia- haha, ya my sis is like "STOP BUYING PEACH BLUSHES". Maybe ill switch to pinks and corals too.I actually need to go off blushes for a bit. Its the only thing i keep purchasing !!

Alex November 9, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Niiice, i only tried the eyeshadows. The next blush i'm buying…this will be it!

HD November 10, 2010 at 11:13 am

I love the packaging of Bourjois blushes…they are soo cute :) will get one of them but after some time maybe :)

G.G.G November 12, 2010 at 7:15 am

I have a pinkish one from Bourjois and I love it. The packaging is so cute na. Even I found the brush useless..kind of hard too.