Earthy Goods Forest Honey- India’s (Affordable) Answer to Lush Soaps!

by mehak on November 13, 2010

in Skincare

I never quite understood the fascination with Lush . This was till some time back when i actually stepped foot into a Lush store for the very first time and  got sucked right into those honeysuckle smelling soaps, and thick grainy scrubs and cute little bath bombs. Honestly though , i just cannot get myself to spend that much on a piece of soap. Ill spend it on haircare, possibly on scrubs but soap.. 330-550 Rs (8-10$) for 100 gm !! No Way.
Lush- Honey i washed the kids

Anyway, so for the record-“ Honey I Washed the Kids” is my absolutely favourite Lush soap. It is the most amazing smelling warm honey cinnamoney comforting soap and i adore it ! To me its the kind of soap i want for winter- something relaxing and homely and cosy.
I dont actually own any lush soaps so this favourite is based on smell alone cos thats a big factor for me !

Earthy Goods Forest Honey Soap- Love the smell!
So today, i was browsing through Select City Walk Mall, and i happened to stop by this little kiosk selling “Earthy Goods” products. I was actually intrigued by their Apricot Scrub but somehow got drawn into their soaps. This particular soap “Forest Honey” smelt EXACTLY like ‘Honey i Washed the kids”. I couldnt stop sniffing it !. I thought the SA was going to throw me out for behaving like a crazy person. But this one smelt exactly like that warm honey scent like the Lush one except this was milder. They had some other options which were very interesting but this was by far my favourite,. And the best part? It costed Rs 75 (1.5$) for 100 gm.. super yay! Now i realise that amidst all the sniffing i totally forgot about the Scrub! :(

So i have only tried this a couple of times, and on the first instance i felt a slightly strange feeling on my hands-  Yes they felt squeeky clean but slightly waxy. However after about 5 seconds that went away and the lovely scent lingered on! Will only know the actual pros/ cons once i use it regularly. However if you want those gorgeous lush scents in cheaper rates- this is a great place !

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Lye, Honey , Beeswax. If they are telling the truth about the ingredient list then that has gotto be the shortest  one ever !
Price : Rs 75/- for 100 gm of Earthy Goods (versus Rs330 /- for 100 gm for Lush)
Other Soaps available; Cinnamon Spice, Lemongrass scrub Soap, Lavender Scrub Soap
See the full range:

ClassyandFabulous November 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm

wow. i went to lush today too! and i was cringing at the prices but loving the smells

A Lot Like Fashion November 13, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Haha! That lady dragged me into earthy goods at select city walk too :P Delhi's turning me into a mall rat :o :D

Beauty Addict November 13, 2010 at 9:39 pm

That sounds great!! I love Lush, but I'd love to get my hands on a "dupe" that is much cheaper!

PnB November 14, 2010 at 10:18 am

@Classy&fabulous- i know :( its so expensive
@Alotlikefashion- Delhi is the city of malls..theres nothing else to do
@BeautyAddict- I wish there were some dupes for their scrubs and shampoos as well

Srish November 14, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I love Honey, I washed the kids too!!!love love love it!I have used 3 bars already!!Thank u soo much for this post,I will definitely chk out Forest Essentials for Lush Dupes! :)

P&B November 14, 2010 at 6:45 pm

@Srish- not forest essentials….'Earthy Goods'..the name of the soap is forest honey

shoppingaholic November 15, 2010 at 12:55 am

Thanks for introducing us to EarthyGoods. i am checking out their website right now.

shoppingaholic November 15, 2010 at 1:02 am

I was more interested in their scrub and Body moisturizers but they don't have many options.

Any ideas?

Tanveer Parmar November 15, 2010 at 12:53 pm

ooooh! sounds nice, I wonder where I can get this in Mumbai??

P&B November 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm

@shoppigaholic…nah they dont have too many options in moisturizers and scrubs…i have heard good things abt their apricot scrub though..

Anisa April 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

I doubt that’s the real ingredients list. I make soap & know that to get a honey scent in soap, you must use a chemical based fragrance oil. Also, honey contains natural sugars. This reacts with lye, which heats up incredibly when water is added. So do ingredients with sugars in them. Which can cause the soap mixture to curdle or totally harden before tracing & pouring into molds. Which means a totally wasted batch of soap. To add honey to a soap, it would have to be done in very small amounts to prevent this from happening. Yet honey is listed before beeswax.

Because of all these factors, I’m 100% sure that the company is lying about the ingredients of this soap. Also, soaps made with nothing but coconut & palm oils as their base can be drying to the skin over time. They’re the cheapest oils to use, though. Which is how many companies make a huge profit on their products.

mehak April 24, 2012 at 9:14 am

Yikes..thats for the information…and you make soap? That is so cool!