Well, it was a bit of an anticlimax …first of, no store seemed to stock it . It was either out of stock, or the stock had just not arrived from the company and i went on a wild goose chase and only got my hands on it some 2 weeks back and even then- no plum.. no sir. Just a solid black thats all.. no other shade available. You see, in India Maybelline makes it a point to NOT launch the best shades- i feel some screwed up evil people sit in the Maybelline meeting room and decide ‘ Ha! let them lust over foreign beauty blogs- they want plum- we will give them black!’ . (Maybelline India if you are reading this, STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST US!!!). Anyway, so i made the best of the situation and got the black one home and this is what i think about it….
What i like about the Maybelline Gel Liner
- Texture :This is the perfect gel liner consistency- not dry and not too watery. Its a creamy consistency which is such a dream to apply that even a novice would be applying this with ease and not be a klutz with it
- The brush: Surprise Surprise- the brush that this comes with is actually quite nice for me. I like the length of the handle, i like the thickness of the bristles and it feels soft
- The colour: I like matte gel liners, im not a glossy black eye liner girl so love love love the matt blackness this gives. Its a pretty intense black , when its wet its unbelievably intense, but once dry it softens a bit though even then, the colour payoff is brilliant.
- Tightlining: This is fantastic, for tightlining- i dont know what it is exactly but it is so easy to push this product in when yr tightlining . I like the effect it gives and its not uncomfortable to use either
- Smudge proof: Once this dries, it is very smudgeproof. I have a dark circle issue so that is a MUST have for me..i need something thats not going to go all smudgey on me
- Packaging: The packaging is really quite classy actually. I love the black box which contains the actual pot and the brush. Very high end feel to it.Maybelline has been stepping up the game in the packaging arena recently..
- Waterline issue1: This did NOT work on my waterline. Infact it irritated my eyes when i used it on my waterline and made them itchy:(
- Waterline issue 2: Also, on the waterline it doesnt go on opaque- its kinda translucent so you need to go over it two times to get the desired blackness which is annoying. This is only on the waterline though.
- Waterline issue 3: Again- on the waterline it did not last too long. Kind of evaporated \within 6 hours so its a shame. It does however last for a long time if you are lining the upper lash line
- There is a tinnny amount of product. The actual pot is so small i really wonder how long it would last with everyday use
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.