I feel my dresser is crowded with Lakme Foundations these days. Despite their flaws, i keep coming back to them because they provide such a good color match for me. Or maybe its just nostalgia since these were the first ones i ever started using . Any how, so two of these are up for review today and i have some very different opinions on both of em! I like keeping good things for the end, so we shall follow that order…
Lakme claims-“Lightweight soufflé makeup, perfect for everyday wear. Enriched with sunscreens and cucumber extracts.100% water based formula is lightweight so skin does not feel weighed down by extra layers.Souffle form allows for easy application to give skin a natural, flawless look”
- Its moisturizing which is a good thing for me since i have dry skin.
- Its a bargain at Rs 99! I think thats the only reason i even purchased it.
- Its ORANGE!. The colour makes me look like Snooki from jersey shore ! I trust lakme blindly in color matches for indian skin but this one is way off
- Its minimal coverage. I am a low coverage girl but even for me theres nothing in it
- It doesnt do anything a foundation should do- even out skintone or give a flawless look
- Doesnt last – its the lakme syndrome
Final Verdict : 2.5/5 – Its the orangeness which really gets to me, they need to rework the colours.
- Color match is bang on – it has just the right amount of yellow thats needed for me
- It gives medium coverage which could be built up
- It gives a nice healthy glow to the face
- I wont say its moisturizing, but it doesnt dry out or look cakey either
- Feels invisible and light on the skin and blends well
- Wears off quickly in the heat. Also sometmes it transfers onto the shirt collar which is so annoying. I really wish lakme would look into this because i love their foundations had it not been for these issues.
Price: Rs 180/-
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.