Ever since iv seen that advert on tv- yknow the one with girls squirting around these bright gel like liquids on each others face, iv been intrigued by these face washes by Lakme. The Fruit Blast Range that i recieved actually contains 5 tubes: 3 facewashes, one gentle exfoliant (strawberry) and one deep hydrating mask . Ill begin with the face washes today, the mask i’ll come to once iv used it enough.
Left to right: Melon Melt, Berry Lush, Strawberry, Pear Mask, and Citrus Rain (My fav)
1. Melon Melt
“Lakmé Melon Melt Fruit Quench Facewash is a unique fruity blend of watermelon and muskmelon extracts that will hydrate every pore, while the natural luffa fruit fibres gently brush away impurities, giving your skin a healthy glow. So your skin stays tingling fresh, buttery soft and scented with the heady aroma of melon“
This one has a citrus smell to it, but its sweet and musky like a melon as well- all in all quite a lovely combination. It contains tiny granules of melon fibre inside which are grainy and act as a mild exfoliant. I felt my face felt refreshed, and not stretched or dry. I do have dry skin, and a lot of face washes dry it out even more, but that didnt happen with this one – it was gentle on the skin, subtly moisturizing and quite refreshing. So two thumbs up or this one.
2. Citrus Rain
“Lakmé Citrus Rain Fruit Detox Facewash energizes your skin and senses with its tangy, uplifting fragrance. Its high foaming formulation with juicy mandarin extracts purifies your skin from pollution and grime, without leaving it dry. Your skin feels velvety smooth and brilliantly clean”
This was my favourite of the lot!! It smells very sharp and citrusy like a tangy burst of lemons. So if you dont like sharp citrus smells, this might not work for you. This one also is a different consistency, its more cream like rather than gel like and does not contain any tiny granules. I thought it did a fantastic job as a face wash- it completely refreshed my face and moisturized it without leaving it excessively tight. My face felt smooth and clean…Love it !
3. Berry Lush
“Lakmé Berry Lush Fruit Energizing Facewash is a nutrient rich blend of fresh crushed raspberries and strawberries. Known to have high doses of Vitamin C and essential antioxidants, it revives your skin and returns that healthy glow. The strawberry seeds gently scrub away dead skin cells, while the raspberry extracts rehydrate your skin, leaving it nourished, tingling fresh and smelling of berries all day long. “
Okay so as a facewash i did like this one a lot. It did all the right things. But i honestly just didnt like the way it smelt. I thought it was overly sweet and i dont like thise kind of scents. It reminded me a bit of cough syrup and it made me slightly nauseous , though as a facewash it has little going against it, it just isnt the kind of smell i like.
- I love the cute packaging with the flip up caps – theyr so adorable on my shelf!
- They’r all very refreshing and moisturizing on the skin- not tight or drying .
- I like the small little granules they have inside – they dont really exfoliant but its an added zing to the face wash
- Citrus Rain and Melon Musk smell really really good- i just keep flipping open their caps and sniffing them. My mom says im addicted
- They’r reasonably priced
Overall Cons of Lakme Fruit Blast Facewashes
- I didn’t like the way Berry Lush smelt- personally it was too sweet for me, but many people may love that kind of smell
- This is not a con per say , but I would associate these smells more with summer rather than the current winter season- cos in the summer heat all these sharp citrussy smells would be amazing. Currently out of the range, i think Lakme Fruit Blast Honey Glow Hydrating Face Wash with Honey & Avocado is something i would definitely want to try in winters as well.
Overall Verdict: 4/5
Will i repurchase? : Yes – Definitely citrus rain and melon melt
Price: Rs 85- Rs 135
Disclaimer: These products have been sent to me by PR for review. Obviously, that hasnt affected my opinion on it. .