I am not really a compact powder junkie. Being a dry skin girl, i like the dewy look and wear it sparingly. However, i do have one always stashed in my makeup box lest i need it. This time, the compact powder i have stashed away is Lakme’s New Perfect Radiance Multi Mineral Compact which i got at a super affordable price of Rs 150/-
It comes in a super cute pink and white round flat box with silver detailing. I think Lakme is paying more and more attention to packaging these days. I like.
|Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact in 01- Light Ivory|
- Gives a nice smooth even finish to the skin
- Does not look dry and cakey- i have dry skin and most powders do that. This looks very natural , even a makeup novice can apply this without looking like a pale ghost
- The colour i have is a yellowy undertone colour- perfect match for my skintone.
- Does not get a whitish ghost like cast in photographs
- Very lightweight and yet more longlasting than their usual foundations
- Coverage is spot on – its light so those who want low to medium coverage (like me ) will love it, but it also manages to cover up spot and blemishes (so there is something for heavy duty coverage girls too)
- The price- Rs 150/-
|Unblended swatch with flash- in reality its not really as light as tht looks- its more like the swatch on the puff|
|Blended on full hand with flash- skin looks smooth not cakey|
What i dont like about the Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact
- The colours are a bit strange- i chose 01 which is Ivory Fair and im a MAC NC 30/35. I wonder what girls which are NC/NW 15-20 would choose since this is apparently the lightest shade available.
- Also, randomly some shades have pink undertones, some have yellow undertones and it can be a bit confusing for those unclear about their skin tone since there is no light to dark gradation according to the numbering. Eg: i didnt think 02 was in any way darker than 01
- Puff is kinda useless, its too thin and will very easily get torn, but i just use my brush for it so i dont really care