How NOT to Apply Bronzer: Aishwarya Rai at Apsara Awards

by mehak on January 21, 2011

Notice our lovely Aishwarya’s face carefully- specifically above the eyebrows. Notice the bronzer making an inverted v between the eyebrows and around the temples as well as on the hollow of her cheek bones? Its like its some sort of pattern forming on her face !! THAT is bronzer applied with a heavy hand and at some of the wrong places! Tsk Aishwarya- looks like your makeup artist was in a big hurry !

So what is the right way of applying bronzer?

Chitrangada Singh is probably the best made up actress these days. Her  makeup is perfect !! Light feathery touches of bronzer in the hollows of cheekbones, and some slightly around the temple. If you look closely- a light whiff on it on the jawbone to . Its the “3E” concept( wink!) . You put bronzer on the temples,  the hollows of cheek, and jawline creating a 3 on onse side and an E on one side

DISCLAIMER: The above pictures have been taken from .I dont claim ownership

Oh and to the person calles Sa****** whose comment i just deleted- yes, the 3E concept i learnt from Elle Fowler. I never claimed to have owned it, or  invented it- . Neither does she (google it) , i am simply sharing it with my readers just like she did with her viewers. I dont feel i owe you or any other person an explanation for this but since you insist on behaving like a 2 year old- check the comment box below- i said i got it from elle…..and since you obviously are not very smart- there is obviously a reason for the wink after 3E..jesus…..for those in future who insist on writing derogeratory or mean or uncalled for comments towards me or other readers , dont bother. Your comment will be deleted and IP shall be blocked. My blog. My rules.

Vanity January 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

u r right about chitrangda..n aish is looking scary

Shalini Dhillon January 21, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I always wanted to buy a bronzer but wasn't aware of its proper application… This article is immensely useful for a novice like me :)

indianmakeupways January 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm

thanks for the 3e concept.never knew that

Anonymous January 21, 2011 at 5:30 pm

You got that from Elle! The 3E!

PnB January 21, 2011 at 5:41 pm

@Anonymous- Yup i did !!! Elle is actually how i learnt how to put bronzer…but 3E is actually quite 3E bronzer and u should know..
psst ..for those of u wondering..we r not reerring to elle magazine..its elle fowler of allthatglitters fame on youtube.

PnB January 21, 2011 at 5:48 pm

@Shalini & indianmakeupways- i learnt it from youtube!!!

Nivedita January 21, 2011 at 5:55 pm

The 3E concept is really unique. Would never forget it now . :) These days I'm not liking Aish's looks. Looks too plastic to me

Shweta January 21, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Is she under a contract with Manish Malhotra??WHY HIM …his designs are so OTT and garish and kitch.he is sole and sufficient flag bearer of Indian loudness.Chitragada with that exotic face it does not matter what u wear :)

ClassyandFabulous January 21, 2011 at 7:26 pm

thanks for the addition to ur blog roll: )
I ended up ordering for all of my 39 dollars. Then i purchased the fedex intl eco shipping which isn`t 20 dollars btw its 32 when ur checking out for some reason! there was no way i was paying THAT much for shipping so i used the 10 dollar gift card they`d sent me earlier on so ended up paying some 22 a grand on shipping. I know… ,my mother was NOT happy:P
But the package HAS reached delhi today YAY! i think i`ll get it by monday. Its travelled alot tho. From california to paris(!) to delhi. Oh the sights it must`ve seen..oh to be that package:) hehe
what happened with joys package?

Magali January 21, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Aishwarya looks horrific, especially in that picture. And Chittarangda looks hot!
Everybody gets negative comments at some point or the other by people who are jealous. Don't get too upset, your blog is fantastic. :)

A Lot Like Fashion January 21, 2011 at 7:49 pm

HAHAHA! Aishwarya looks hideous:P And Chitrangda is always a stunner :D
Teach me 3E pleaseeeeeee! :)

EllzMelendezLDN January 21, 2011 at 8:03 pm

thanks for the 3e concept!
never heard of it before now!

enter my ELF COSMETICS giveaway

muaah x

EVE-O-LUTION January 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm

m still scared of bronzers lol
chitrangada looks flawless na :D

Beauty shades January 21, 2011 at 10:50 pm

it is a bit too much bronzer in my opinion.

Vanessa Cambridge January 22, 2011 at 2:45 am

Love this post! Normally you see posts everywhere on how to apply makeup, I like this concept! Very clever, great job! Following :)

bhumika January 22, 2011 at 10:08 am

love chitrangda…shes drop dead gorgeous..!! n wud keep 3E in mind ;)

Poohkie January 25, 2011 at 7:03 am

OMG Ash looks so scary! But I agree about Chitrangada. She's so gorgeous (I have a girl crush on her). I like the idea of the 3E method (got it from Lauren Luke's video), but I haven't found any bronzer yet. All the so-called bronzers are nothing but brown colour with tons of gold glitter & the decent ones are too light for my skin :(

P&B January 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

@Shweta- lol i know..manish has some nice things, but sometimes he does go OTT

@Poohkie- s difficult na..i know wht u mean..its just bloody glitter..aweful

sk April 20, 2012 at 12:53 pm

hi, nice not much in to make up…but i like bronzer..just wondering, can it be used for dark skinned people..i assume bronzers are for making skin look tanned? correct me..

mehak April 20, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Hi sk!!!
Well bronzers can either make you looked tanned, or it can be used for contouring if you want to give the illusion of high cheekbones. So its not like darker girls cant use bronzers, just that the color of bronzer would be diff!

Alaka August 7, 2012 at 11:53 pm

ash is lukin better.. anyday.. no comparison..