Lakme Lip Love Lipsticks in Rose Kiss, Aphrodite Blush : Swatches, Review, Photos

by mehak on January 4, 2011

in Lakme, Lipsticks

These shiny baubles are not ornaments left over from christmas. These are 2 lip love lipsticks from Lakme – one in Rose kissed (on left) and one in Aphrodite Blush (on right).

Rose Kissed is a rosey pink shade with a jewelled tone to it. The pink is an earthy one so it is a universally flattering tone for all cool, warm tones and specially is a great pink for indian skintones.

Lakme Lip Love Lipstick in Rose Kissed

Aphrodite Blush is a deep apricot rust- peach colour. A fantastic natural colour for those with darker tones / pigmented lips and a pretty soft coral brown for lighter skin tones. Another colour that is universally flattering for all skin shades

Lakme Lip Love Lipstick in Aphrodit Blush

Left: Rose Kissed, Right :Aphrodite Blush

Rose kissed

Aphrodite Blush

What I like about Lakme Lip Love Lipsticks

• Some Really Nice , flattering shades available- unlike those aweful dark ones Lakme produces
  • Smooth and creamy to apply and moisturizing on application
  • Similar to MAC lustre finish- they have a slight sheen to them so there is a subtle gloss
  • They last a while…a good four hours
  • The packaging, at first i thought was cheesy. But now , i love it ! Its shiny and christmassy looking and makes them easy to spot in my makeup drawer.

What i dont like about Lakme Lip Love Lipsticks

• They do have a tendency to settle into the cracks of your lips after some time
  • After about 2 hours of application, i feel a certain dryness to the lips. To be fair though, i feel that with 80% of the lipsticks.

Overall Verdict : 3.75 /5
Would i Repurchase: Yes, I love the colours and texture, even thoughh they do dry out on the lips after a bit
Price: Rs 550/

These lipsticks are some of the best ones that have come out of lakme. They last a decent time, they have some nice colours and these two shades in particular are universally flattering. Would definitely recommend them, even though they do dry out after a bit

Rima Kaur January 4, 2011 at 4:51 pm

i got aphrodite blush today :)
love the texture of these lippies! good going, lakme!

ik January 4, 2011 at 6:01 pm

these are really pretty! :)

ClassyandFabulous January 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Ur right about the packaging. I looks like a cheaper version of something that Victoria Secrets would do!

bhumika January 4, 2011 at 8:41 pm

both colors r pretty….

Rentu January 5, 2011 at 4:41 am

lakme has started doing reallie good to their products these days,,, nice review mehak

PnB January 5, 2011 at 6:16 am

@rima- i love aphrodite blush so much..and yes the texture is so nice and smooth

@ik- they are !

@bhumika- these colors and love haze were my favourites

@rentu- true..iv been quite impressed with their earth rose trio blush and their eyeshadow quartets….and now this..really good going

Soft, Sweet and Gentle January 5, 2011 at 7:05 am

i like the rose-kissed shade so much…the other one is it like nude colour??

PnB January 8, 2011 at 7:10 pm

@SS&G- Umm, yes its nude in the sense that its the colour of my lips, but its not like a nude in the true sense that it takes off any colour from your face. This does add a lot of colour to the face

HD January 10, 2011 at 8:14 am

These are really selling like hot cakes!! every other person seems to be getting these :) I loved both the shades :)

Ritika May 29, 2012 at 9:57 am

Mahek! Pleajjj suggest a good dupe for rose kissed na? I don’t wanna spend 550 on a lakme lippy :(

Esha September 9, 2013 at 9:49 am

Well I am not a make-up person, ask me about any new gadget n i can beat google in that bt for makeup i am the last one u look up to… so when I had to buy few products in january this year(a cousin was getting married) I did what i do the most…I googled it!!… after reading your reviews on this lippy(Aphrodite Blush and rose kissed) i went out and purchased them…N i just loved it…have been using them ever since….
Ewww!!! Do i sound like some person on teleshopping add!! Whatever…huh
Nevz this post is so old and I don’t know if u will read this but I just love ur blog… its so helpful… :D