Lip Ice Sheer Color Balm: Its Magic !!!

by mehak on January 26, 2011

in lipbalm, lipgloss

Yay, Lip Ice launched in India – Wait  i dont know what  lip ice is… That was my immediate reaction when i first saw Cynthia from IVC post about it here. Her enthusiasm was contagious so i was like yayy, but i had never heard of lip ice before! Well,  her post tempted me enough to go and buy one of their lip balms and i got this particular  one  which i like to call my ‘ Jadoo balm ‘. (It might be used in the next munni song- you never know!! ;)  Psst. jadoo means Magic for those not well versed in Hindi
lip ice balm
Lip Ice: Looks like a regular balm

So why do i say its my Magic Balm ?. Well see that vaseline looking white balm on top- you would think that it just goes on sheer like regular balm But nope it doesnt. It changes colour within two minutes. So you put it on, and then you stare in the mirror for five minutes (thats not necessary- thats just what i did), and it turns into a pink lip balm …like a natural soft tint to the lips. I have no idea how that happens- but im happy!

2 min after lip ice

It contains Vitamin E, it glides on smoothly and does a decent lip conditioning job. Apparently continued use makes lips less prone to darkness , but i wouldnt know that because its only been about a week since i got this.

What is there to  love about it
  • Goes on clear, then changes to a subtle pink .
  • All naturall ingredients of Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Ternifolia Nut Oil, and Aloe Vera Oil Extract
  • Contains contains Vitamin E, to help prevent darkening of lips
  • Me likes the packaging. nice roll up and roll down mechanism in a cute pink tube- handy!

What i dont love

• Does wear off after a little bit-but then most balms do..
  • Whats with the tag line? “Nice girls pray, lip ice girls prey”. Tacky !

Price: Rs 190/-
Where to buy it: New U stores
Variants: The color changing one comes in strawberry and natural . The one i have is natural. Apart from this they have regular lip balms in different flavours too
Overall Recommendation: When you are rushing out of your house for college or work, keep this handy!!

shoppingaholic January 26, 2011 at 8:07 pm

It's similar to Nivea stick balm it had launched time back. It has pink color on the edges of balm stick that spreads evenly while you apply balm.
Thank god you mentioned that tag line. I didn't udnerstand either…

A Lot Like Fashion January 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I like! It sounds and looks very nice..I would have to hunt for these stores in Bangalore, haven't seen them around :/

Renée January 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I would most likely stare at my lips too if I had this kind of balm! sounds tempting, how do you think – is it available in States?

Srish January 26, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Ha ha! Even I was like yayieee after reading Cynthia's post about Lip Ice and I had no clue what that brand really was!and btw, a versatile blogger award is waiting for you in my blog, come an receive it :))

martienn January 26, 2011 at 9:44 pm

amazing ; ) this lip stick look good ! :D

if U want follow me and write comment ;*

Jasmine1485 January 27, 2011 at 3:27 am

The motto is a touch odd :S It looks nice and moisturising though, and I like the touch of colour.

PnB January 27, 2011 at 5:55 am

@shoppingaholic- really? never tried the nivea one

@allf- it jussst launched in delhi, dont think ts in blore yet

@Renee- i dont know about the states.I think this is a japanese company or something, bt you can check out their website

@Srish- Thannnkkssss, ill come and collect it!!

@jasmine1485- Motto is very very odd…

indianmakeupways January 27, 2011 at 6:20 am

even i had read abt this in cynthia's blog.thanks 4 reviewing.nice shade

ClassyandFabulous January 27, 2011 at 6:24 am

i hate the tag line and the ads that come on the radio

rakhshanda January 27, 2011 at 7:49 am

Nice review Mahek…this lip balm looks good..i always use Boroline when i'm at home, for outsite I use Lotus lip balm.

Diabolic Cytherea January 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I went nuts looking for this in every cosmetic shop… Incidentally there was no New U around !! Thanks a ton for the location :) Now I'll get one !!!

Nivedita January 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I want it now. :(
Mehak whatever you are getting these days I want them too. :) :)

PnB January 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm

@nivedita- lol!!! Thats what blogs do..make u spend more money..haha

@Diabolic- Yr welcome

@indianmakeupways- Try it !

@rakshanda- never tried the lotus one! Have one at home..shall opem

@Classy&ab- i know..theyr so sounding and stupid,

The Beautifier January 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm

WOW this sounds like a cool stuff to try! I like the subtle pink hue that it gave to your lips! xoxo

Shalini Dhillon January 28, 2011 at 4:12 pm

hey its pretty.. thanks for mentioning the store to buy it from.. I would surely love to grab it

bhumika January 29, 2011 at 5:33 pm

i want it too…never saw it in mumbai :(

Pankaj February 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Hey..all Blore beauties, you can buy this magic in New U store in Mantri Mall.

otaku March 6, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I have this! I really like it’s colour changing feature – so cool~ though it was sort of annoying at times when it faded =< Therefore I was sort of thinking of purchasing an actual tint like tony moly's or something =3 What I really wonder is does using this balm actually make your lips prone to darkness? If it does, I am gonna freak! O_O (already used the whole tube! TT TT )

Anu Goel October 23, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Hi Mehak,
I wd just like to add a little info. The magic that u see in Lip Ice Sheer Color balm is nothing new.
I hv used a local Corolla lipstick in d past which is priced at Rs 10! It comes in different colored sticks like green, purple, blue but just like this – on application becomes light pink in shade.
Also a drug store brand lip balm by d name Tiannuo has d same effect, it is a white lip balm stick but turns to light pink on application.
I dont know what d technology is but I discovered d magic at Rs 10! :D