Bollywood Celeb Style: Best & Worst Dressed This Fortnight

by mehak on February 24, 2011

in Celebrity, Fashion

This fortnight, there were few stellar performances and mostly dissapointing ones. While floral prints, and shirt dresses earned big points…poofy lehengas  and seventies style salwar kameez’s  were a total dampener…

Best dressed Bollywood Celebrities of the fortnight
By now you probably think i have a crush on this woman, but i love what she is wearing here. A floral printed  bustier top, with jodhpur style pants and a neon pink belt. Very fashion forward, very chic and very girly!

Keep Reading for more..

Shweta Salve in an interesting geometric print dress, I love the ruffle detailing on the shoulder. I definitely do not like the shoes, but i think the hair and makeup with the dress is tres chic!

Lara Datta looking effortlessly stylish in this cream shirt dress. A belt with muted gold stud detailing and a taupe designer handbag is the perfect accessory!!

This is not the most flattering picture, but look at all the gorgeous ‘chikankari’ work on this salwar kameez. A velvet red bustier provides an interesting contrast to the all cream outfit. I just wish she had wrapped the dupatta differently.

Worst dressed bollywood celebrities of the fornight

Raveena…the eighty’s just called me. They want their clutch, and wedges back .How fashion backward does raveena tandon look??? What is going on with that metallic top ???

Sonam Kapoor- in a rare unstylish moment.This is something my grandmother would wear Sonam!! Me dont like the hairstyle, or the makeup (not clean) either

I think they can remake Black Swan in India. It can be called ‘Dhoban  Swan’ and Kiran Rao can star in it.What is this mermaid swan like net atrocity, complete with scaley silver things on the top??? Ouch!! Its hurting my eyessss!!!

Who was your pick for best and worst this time???
Disclaimer: All pictures on this site have been taken from I dont claim any ownership of the above

Disclaimer:  These posts are meant in good fun and not to be taken seriously. All of these people are hugely talented in their own right, and the only reason we are even passing comments on them is because they have achieved something in life!

Magali February 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm

The first one is Anushka right? Not much into Bollywood. Love her corset like top, I've orederd one from Asos but it definitely can't be worn outside the home in India! (and it hasn't arrived yet).
About kiran Rao, I love her unique style that is genuinely nerdy & indie, not just in a trendy sense. So the outfit is monstrous, but I still love it! <3

Tanveer Parmar February 24, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Sonam def. goofed up, but it's nice to see the fashionista does make a wrong call like any other girl at times :D

As for raveena, yes her top & shoes are ghastly.. but i wld cut that lady some slack – I do think the skinny jeans make her look even more weird – maybe a different cut wld make her look better :D

Scarlett O'Hara February 24, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hahaha, can't stop laughing at "the 80's called, they want their thunder thighs back"

speakingchic February 24, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Kiran Rao looked weird, but I liked her neckpiece– contemporary jadau is so in!

Elisha February 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Hey Mehak i love your blog but i think it was a bit rude for you to call raveena's thighs "thunder" thighs I mean cut her some slack. Not everyone has your gene's right? ;) but i don't think its right for you to say ANYTHING about anyone's weight cause its a touchy issue even for a AVERAGE and a NORMAL women you never know who's feelings you just might hurt ………. :(

PeachesandBlush February 24, 2011 at 7:51 pm

@elisha- These p[osts r meant in good fun, and i usually post a disclaimer note below to say that i obviously dont mean anything seriously, these are people way more talented than i am obviously. Also, i didnt mean to say raveena is fat..just that the eighties style of jeans is so unflattering for her body type. But i get what you mean..and im really sorry if i offended anyone or hurt anyones feeling for that :(

bollywoodstylediaries February 24, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Anushkha has started to grow on me too. Did not like her in her first movie but she looks pull-together and seems to be having fun doing it!.

Hungover on Fashion February 25, 2011 at 6:55 am

you really are a fan of anushka!! i think kiran rao's cute but she should take off her glasses occasionally..the intellectual look is not always required

Crazy Diamond February 25, 2011 at 7:51 am

i have a laugh each time i see Kiran Rao.. so thanks for putting her up here hahahah

and raveena…*i close my eyes*

loving LARA her the most!!

Anonymous February 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I think its commendable that you apologized , even though you obviously did not mean it mailiciously, and like you said it was notmeant in that way. Most bloggers would just delete these kind of comments…like your blog , keep up the good work!!….susheela

PeachesandBlush February 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm

@susheela- thank you. Like i said, its a discussion friendly blog! Sometimes you write in such a huge rush …but its important to be a more responsible blogger

Tabatha February 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I'm not familar with too many Bollywood stars, I've to admit (well, of course I know Shah Rukh Khan!), but IMO Indian women are so beautiful in general, that they can wear whatever they want without looking ridiculous! (Well, the last outfit isn't my favourite, though, it's a little oldfashioned – maybe because of the colors?)

Would you mind checking out my blog? Follow eachother if you like?

Magali February 25, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Also, just wanted to let you know that I blogrolled you on my blog now! :)

bhumika February 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I love sonams style too..loved her in patiala house too..n BBB

Sabrina O. February 25, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Gorgeous! Love this outfit!

Ik February 26, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I loved what Anushka Sharma is wearing.. and what Lara Dutta is.. effortlessly pretty! :)

Rentu February 28, 2011 at 7:04 am

anushka and lara dutta rock with their casual outfits, they look uber cool