There are three things im very choosy about:
- Boys (Mr.significant other…you can take this as a compliment)
My problem with 90% of highlighters is that they are way too glittery and shimmery, with thick chunks of glitter inside em. And no, i dont like looking like a disco ball. In my opinion, highlighters should be sheeny, not shimmery…they should be glowy but not glittery, and finding that is very very difficult. So it was very uncharacteristic of me when i took a gamble on the Colorbar Pen highlighter. They dont have a tester for this any where in the store, so i just somehow bought it on gut, without even testing it ( a few tweeple had suggested it ..thank you tweeple).
|I dont know if you can even see it in this snap (Just notice the glow on apples of cheek). Click to enlarge|
What i like about the Colorbar Radiant Glow Highlighter Pen
- An absolutely gorgeous champagne gold color with peachy undertones. Stunning on all skin tones…and unique too!
- No thick grainy glitter, it only has a shine not shimmer and gives a luminous bright glow to the face and cheeks without it being obvious.
- The packaging is so sleek and classy, looks like something of a very high end brand
What i dont like about the Colorbar Radiant Glow Highlighter Pen
- I dont understand why they decided to put a highlighter in pen form. What did they expect? That we would draw designs on our cheeks with this? I just dont understand it…do i click it and spread it on my hand and then apply? Do i just click it on my cheek- it looks streaky if i do..
- Also, i dont trust how long these pen mechanisms work. I always feel like they will get stuck and then you are left with lots of highlighter but no way to get it out….Plus, a lot of times when pushing in the cap of the pen, you press the bottom button and then the highlighter squeezes out. So annoying!
- No testers available. I bought it on impulse, but colorbar you really need to get a tester for this..I suspect it would be a much more successful product had it had a tester.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.