FilmFare Awards 2011 Red Carpet : Who Wore What

by mehak on February 6, 2011

in Celebrity, Fashion

As i write this, the filmfare awards are being telecast on television and Sonu Nigam’s top knot bun is distracting me from writing anything coherently. Someone please tell him, top knots are for women not guys!!!Any how, moving on to prettier things, this is what i thought of what everyone was wearing at the awards.
Psst- Anushka Sharma was one of my favs but i couldnt get a picture of her anywhere…she had a blue dress on…
LOVE what Katrina is wearing. Sheer long pale pink kurta with silver motifs and flouncy lehenga underneath. Gorgeous.

Sonakshi Sinha for a change in a fresh , young color and cut. I still dont love it, but atleast its an improvement. I was getting used to her looking like she is 40

Malaika, showing us that she can be classy and munni at the same time. Nice dress, but with a body like hers..anything looks good.

Look at me, Im an egyptian hippo.. oops i mean princess.
What is up with that dress?? There is so much going on. Its almost like the designer started with a pale nude dress, got bored and added scaley stuff on the side, and then got bored again and added green rhinestones. Aweful

Okay, so Vidya Balan looks elegant in a saree. But does she have to wear one in each award function every time. Atleast mix up the style of the saree. Its getting boring.

Urmila Matondkar in a white and silver kurta and churidar. Me likes, classy and elegant and trendy at the same time

Mummy, give me a lollipop. Im going to my bessst friend birthday. Sorry Prachi, that dress is not film fare material. Its something a 12 year old would wear to a birthday  party

Dia Mirza in a classic black saree. She makes it edgy  and fun with that lace blouse. It looks great up front, but there was some wierd stuff going on the back

Genelia D’souza- attempting to look like batman? What else could explain those shiny straps and that wierd scorpion/ bat looking pattern in front. Aweful!
Disclaimer 1: All pictures above are from I dont clain any ownership
Disclaimer 2: I dont mean to insult any celebrity by doing these posts. They are all obviously very talented people and hence where they are right now. The posts are meant simply for fun.

ClassyandFabulous February 6, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Hmm i didnt quite like what katrina was wearing. it wasn`t a wedding nor did she need to pack on all the bling she had in-case the IT guys came again

PnB February 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm

@classy&fab- hahaha…nah i really liked it !. Yes i was shaadi types, bbut so many celebs wear shaadi outfits to award shows that iv kinda forgiven em.

A Lot Like Fashion February 6, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Most of them were disappointing! :( Anushka being the only exception! I have no idea what some of them think when they put some of these things on their backs!

bhumika February 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I liked Kat n Anushka's dress..urmila's dress is decent too..

zooni February 6, 2011 at 6:15 pm

loved katrina to core …. malaika was great too kajol was a disaster

Get Gawjus! February 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Sameera's dress is quite funny! My faves are Dia's and Malaika's, something I would love to wear :)

Simran February 6, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I totally adored what katrina was wearing ( what say about this going in your big fat lenghas list mehak?) Anushka was looking totally glam! loving her hairstyle.

I understand the distraction that Sonu N's high bun was giving you, He performed like on of the those people who come to jagrans and chowki's.

PnB February 7, 2011 at 4:40 am

@allf- given that they have stylists, i dont know how they tun up like this

@bhumika- yup, urmila was nice

@zooni- kajol really looked like she has come for aw walk in the park

@gg-Dia is always so well turned o0out

@simran- yknow i thought the exact same thing when i saw it.That i need to put it in my lehenga post!!! yes will add it !

swati February 7, 2011 at 6:00 am

din see Anushka though….I loved Prachi's dress…its luking awesome with the messy side braid…Dia is definitely lukin great but not very sure how wil she turn out from the back???

Debleena February 7, 2011 at 6:08 am

Look at the amount of weight Vidya has put on!! Saree is the only saviour. Btw, I also posted a similar article.. Have a read :)

PeachesandBlush February 7, 2011 at 7:59 am

@swat- yes the back was wierd..there was a pallu of the saree coming out of her blouse..its hard to explain…anushka was looking gorgeous..dont know wh there are not so many more pics of her on the web

@debleena- ya thats true. But atleast she can change the type o saree she wears. Always the same benarasi print, with gold work…its boring..i saww !!! Gauri kihan was looking so good.

Vanity February 7, 2011 at 9:31 am

vidya is so madam ji types..isnt it? lol at woman?! sameera hippo..totally agree!!

anamika February 8, 2011 at 3:58 am

lolz…i loved reading is so funny..i liked prachi though but yes not meant for filmfare for sure..

I liked dia mirza the best:)

PeachesandBlush February 8, 2011 at 5:49 am

@vanity- she so is…

@anamika- dia mirza is so pretty..she is the best dressed, and best made up at most functions !!!

Silverstargirl March 5, 2011 at 12:50 pm

lolzzz @Ur comments abt genelia desoza ;)