This post is specially for all those of you who are makeup novices and want to ‘cheat’ your way to eyeshadow glory.
You will need:
- A white eye pencil (Im using Maybelline eye pencil)
- A black eye pencil (Im using lakme black satin kajal)
- A light colored eyeshadow- preferable a neutral color or light pastels (Im using a shimmery light golden from my Inglot pallette)
- A basic eyeshadow brush. (Im using a vega brush)
Step 2: Take a black eye pencil and and put it on the outer half of your lid very lightly. If you can, then on the top most part (crease area) extend the black pencil inwards into the white area a little bit. This is not really necessary though!.
Contrary to what it looks like in the picture above, i havent used two shades of purple. it is simply a lighter base in the inner corner and a darker base in the outer corner..
This method is good for:
- Applying light colors, and neutrals. Darker colors dont work because – the intention is to let the white and black base come through and add dimension. With a dark eyeshadow, it covers the overpowers the white and then it looks like one color all across the lid
One drawback of this method:
- It does result in your eyeshadow creasing.Because of the bases underneath, the creasing does happen..but if you are very new to makeup and just want a way to wear eyeshadow then honestly, that should be the least of your worries.
Some things you should keep in mind
- Use a good quality pigmented eyeshadow
- Dont make the black base too dark
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!