What does my family have in common with Lakme’s Shadow Artist Shimmer Sticks? Theyr both a little chubby and proud of it !! So lets kick off the Fantasy Collection fanfare , with these Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Sticks…or as i like to call it ‘Lakme’s Chubby Eye Sticks’!
|Left to Right: Glimmer Green, Astral Blue|
Astral Blue is somewhat similar to MAC Siahi, a deep ocean blue with subtle shimmer in it. It is a gorgeous inky blue – a color that is personally one of my favourites to wear as a smokey eye or as a smudgy liner by itself. Siahi is definitely deeper and blacker but similarities can be drawn
How to Wear these?
- My favourite way to wear them- put a thick line on your upper lid. Smudge with a brush all over your lid to create a 2 minute deep blue smokey eye.
- Wear as a thick liner on your eye(I dont recommend this though…they bleed and smudge a lot))
- Wear as a kohl pencil on the lower rim
- Wear as an eyeshadow base. When you want to intensify the color of an eyeshadow, just put these as a base underneath!
|Astral Blue smudged across lid|
What I like about these:
- The colors – specially astral blue is gorgeous!
- These are extremely versatile and multitasking as makeup products. Can be worn in a variety of ways
- Extremely soft and creamy and an absolute dream to apply.
- The fact that i can create a 2 minute smokey eye with this is very welcome !!
What i dont like about these
- Since these are chubby, i do wonder how i would sharpen them, I dont think they fit it into a regular sharpener. So a special sharpener will be needed
- Since these are so soft and smudgy, those of you who want that clean smudg eproof liner look- this isnt for you. These are more to be used as eyeshadows in my opinion
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.