About two weeks back, at around 11 pm at night, i was pacing up and down the length of Select City Walk Mall in Delhi. See, a certain someone had a quick overnighter in Delhi, and he was supposed to meet me in Select at 11 pm for late dinner and drinks, but obviously he was wayy wayyyy late(Grrr..). So i did the only thing there was to do..entered random shops which were still open at 11 pm . Thats when i saw Inglot , and juuusst when the store was closing i bought this little thing . (Hello, if i was made to wait i was going to put it to good use !)
|When wet, it has a mousse/ concealer like consistency, which makes your wonder whether it will work or not..but it dries soon..|
The Inglot Eye Makeup base is a beige colored base with a creamy concealer like consistency.It comes in a little black tub, and is easy to blend onto the eyelids before applying eyeshadows. If i had to word this review in one line i would say, it makes eyeshadows pop, it makes them last all day, and does okay on the creasing aspect. Given that this costs only about Rs 420/- (8$), i find that very worth it
|Left: Green Eyeshadow without base, Right: Green eyeshadow over the base|
This is what i like about Inglot Eye Makeup Base
- Makes colors pop for sure. I can now wear even my less pigmented eyeshadows easily over this.
- It makes them last all day. I have oily eyelids, and this just soaks up that oil, and dries them out making em last for a long time
- It does a decent job of minimising creasing, its not a miracle worker and isnt as good as a MAC Paint Pot in this area but it definitely does an okay job.
- It is easy to apply- just dab on fingers and blend
- Rs 420/- is affordable !
This is what is not so great about Inglot Eye Makeup Base
- Do NOT keep this in the heat. It melts, which makes me wonder how it will fare in tropical climates! Also initially, i was not impressed with this at all because I put this on too thick, and my eyeshadows creased . Only if you put it too thick though, but it takes time to figure out the perfect consistency you want that suits you.
- Takes practice to get the thickness right and takes time to dry again an issue with creasing
- It baffles me that there is only one shade available in this.What about girls who are much darker than me, this color will definitely stand out a little on their eyelids. I would also like to see an entire range of this from Inglot- like MAC Paint Pots- a shimmery one, a brown one, a champagne one.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!