How to get Dewy Glowing Skin With Makeup : Tutorial
I suspect there is a ghost on my blog who wants dewy looking makeup very badly. Im not being delusional, i have a logical explanation to it ! See, when i put that poll on the right hand side ..in the first 2 days, all the categories had an equal number of votes. I tweeted about how unhelpful that was, and then …2 hours later the skin tutorial went ahead by a huuuuge margin!! Thats not all, the votes on the other categories actually reduced from 9 each to like 5 each or something (How does that happpen unless there are supernatural forces around???????) Anyway, i dont want to get on to the wrong side of spookie stuff yknow … so here goes…
|Thats me at my cousins wedding. Example of glowy makeup !
Step 1: Just Moisturizer.
|Thats me with no makeup on! Okay i concealed *SOME* of the dark circles cos i didnt want to scare you guys
Step 2: Liquid Foundation (Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation)
A few quick points:
- Using a foundation brush makes a HUGE difference . It just helps foundation blend seamlessy into the skin .
- I dab on foundation at the back of my hand , dip in my kabuki and then apply all over face. Dont forget to apply on your neck or yll be multicolored, and on areas lik eyelids, upper lip etc
Step 3: Concealer (MAC Select Moisture Cover)
Areas where you need to apply concealer(specially Indian women)
- Around your mouth- a lot of us have discoloration around here.
- Part where your nose meets your face(if that makes sense). Might seem inconsequential, but conceal that and see instantly your face looks clearer.
- Under the eyes- use your ring finger and dab it on. Dont rub or stretch, make your finger wet for easier application.
- Around the eye area- another place where indian women have major discoloration
Step 3 : Highlighter (Colorbar Radiant Glow Highlighter Pen)
Areas where you need to put highlighter are the highest points on your face:
- Apples of cheeks extending till hairline
- If you have a fat nose , then down the bridge of your nose makes it look slimmer
- The brow bone makes for an arched eyebrow
- The bow of your lip- gives an illusion of a fuller pout
- Basically , if you face the sun and think of where the sunlight would hit you directly- thats where highlighter need to go.
Step 4: Cream Blush(Add to the dewy! – MAC Lilicent)
Dab on the cream blush just below the highlighter
- Cream blushes add to the wet dewy effect of highlighters .
- Use a brush or finger to blend
- Your cream blush should blend seamlessly into your highlighter which should seamlessly blend into your foundation. Use a brush to blend it all together
- Think of these 3 as one makeup product all mixed together. They should all flow into each other to create a glowing dewy illusion.
|The dewy look
Step 5: If you have oily skin- then apply powder(leave your cheeks out though). For normal or dry skin, you can skip the powder. I skip it. Apply the rest of your makeup
Step 6: If all else fails. Just shoot with the ‘soft skin’ mode of your camera :p !!! (or how my boss says -slather on lots of sunscreen to make your face shiny :p – no dont listen to that! )
Hope that helped girls. Now go ‘Do the Dew!’
(Btw the drink whose tagline this is…is so unappetizing ..it just looks like..well never mind)
PS:Do check out Lisa Elridges makeup videos. I love her philosophy on makeup and learn tons of stuff from her. She has a dewy skin makeup tutorial which i learnt a lot from.
You May Enjoy Reading These :
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!