Lakme seems to hate the scorching summer sun, as much as i do. No wonder they have a whole host of sun expert products this summer. There is a facewash, and some 3-4 different types of sun screens all aimed to protect you , and take you through summer- tan free! I only wish the names were shorter. Imagine going into a shop and saying ‘Bhaiya, i want the lakme sun expert cucumber and lemongrass after sun skin lightening face wash please !’…Err.. QUITE a mouthful!
Formulated with UV filters and anti-tan skin soothing ingredients
Protects and soothes skin from common forms of skin irritation post sun exposure, leaving it soft, tingling fresh and clean.
Cleanses and soothes sun exposed skin
Deep cleanses each pore
The face wash is a thick gel like consistency which is just a bit sticky. The transparent gel contains these some beads/ pearls which i honestly dont know the purpose of, since they arent grainy enough to exfoliate. Overall here is how my experience with the face wash went
- Subtle , pleasant fragrance…sort of like a fruity smell
- It leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean (DUH…its a facewash!)
- It is suitable for most skin types. I have dry skin, and this doesnt leave it feeling drier, and my sister has oily skin and this doesnt break her out either.
- It has this cooling kind of a sensation, so when you are back home after a hot day out in the sun, this provides a welcome relief
- The yellow is cuttteee- reminds me of spongebob square pants (*He lives in a pine-apple under the seaaaaaa*)
- Umm..random dislike. It is kind of sticky, so every time i wash my face, after 3 four minutes..i find that there is still facewash on my hand..this doesn’t happen on the face, but i always seem to find face wash deposits in the centre of my hand!
- It OBVIOUSLY does not lighten your skin, no product ever can.Neither does it remove tan.
Will I repurchase: Yes i might
Price:135/- for 100 gm and Rs 75/- for 50 gm
Overall Recommendation: It is a nice basic facewash for summer, gives a cooling clean feeling to the face and provides a welcome relief after a hot day. I dont believe any claims of skin lightening, or tan reduction by a facewash and so it really doesn’t do any of those.
DISCLAIMER: Product provided by PR for review. Honest review though.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.