No matter what they tell you, to women size DOES matter.. and when its JUMBO nobody is complaining ;) You know like..Jumbo Prawns, Jumbo Shrimp, Jumbo Eye Pencils (What were you thinking i was talking about?). The Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils are these chubby little sticks of color that you can have fun with on your eye. I just find them so cute- i am partial to chubby things.
Nyx Claims “A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Some call her chubby. We say voluptuous. Available in 28 shades”
Okay first of all, totally laughing out loud at the ‘Some call her chubby. We say voluptuous’ thing. Secondly, essentially i dont think these are eye liners. They are way too smudgy for that. You can use them as an eye makeup base, or cream eyeshadows and thats what they are best at! If they were cheaper than they what they retail at in India, i would definitely stock up on these- i want a gold one called french fries, and want milk and cottage cheese
|Nyx Black Bean Jumbo Eye Pencil Swatches
Here is what i like about the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean:
- Super smooth and creamy with very good pigmentation
- They glide on effortlessly, without any tugging- so they are ideall for painting your entire eyelid with
- They are best used as an eye makeup base when you want colors of your eyeshadow to pop. Nyx Black Bean Jumbo Eye Pencil is my favourite base for a smokey eye, but also if you want to wear colors like silver which pop against black- these are really good for thatt
- Given the limited options of eye makeup bases we have the fact that these come in gorgeous 30 colors is very welcome. It almost makes eyeshadows a breeze. Use a colored jumbo pencil all across your lid and an eyeshadow on top, and create dimension!
- You can also use them as a cream eyeshadows, but i would recommend a base under them. Is that an oxymoron?
Here is what is not so great about the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean:
- These definitely crease on me, though i do have slightly oily lids. But in general, i have seen people report the same problem..the creasing is quite a pain
- I dont know how one would use these as an eyeliner honestly,they are way to
chubby voluptious , and they smudge way too much
- Sharpening these is a pain! Hello Nyx people, can you please attach a Jumbo Sharpener at the Jumbo butt of the Jumbo Eye pencil??
Overall Verdict: 3.5/5 or B+
Price: Rs 340/- at www.urbantouch.com with free shipping (Its much cheaper from international websites)
Would i repurchase: Yes i want a lot more colors!
Other Shades: I would recommend ‘Milk’ – a pure white which makes all eyeshadow look more pigmented. I also like Cottage CHeese, Rocky Mountain.
Recommendation: If you are looking for some fun colored eyeshadow bases to make your colors pop, these are really handy. Black Bean is a really good one to have for a smokey eye base, or as a base for your silvers and gold which might not look pigmented otherwise . They do crease on me, which is not somethng i want from an eyeshadow base, and they also fade after some time…but given the pretty colors that are available, i dont mind indulging.