I bought the recent issue of Vogue (the one with Madhuri looking oh so glam on the cover), and here is the full list of beauty awards in makeup, skincare and haircare. My comments are in blue:
Vogue Beauty Awards 2011- Makeup
- Best Concealer- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Concealer ( Ill give it to Inglot! Plus I think they should split this into under eye, and regular because very different ones work for each area)
- Best Eyeshadow Palette: Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette- Surreal Violet & Givenchy 9 Colors Eyeshadw , Tempting Chocolate
- Best Mascara- Loreal Paris Volume Million Lashes
- Best Kohl Pencil- Lakme 9 to 5 Kohl Ultimate (Umm..what? Give me the Lakme Black satin kajal, or the Maybelline Collosal one anyday!)
- Best Eyeliner- MAC Siahi Fluidline and L’oreal Gel liner
- Best Blush- Deborah Milano Hi Tech Blush Rose Pesca (I haven’t tried this, but Deborah blushes look so shimmery in the pan, i am really surprised at this making the cut. I cant imagine this beating a MAC or even say a nice Colorbar / Body Shop one)
- Best Lipstick: MAC Mehr ( Have this one!)
- Best Foundation: MAC STudio Fix Powder plus foundation NC 43 (I find this hilarious- i can totally imagine this getting best foundation cos its a great product but how can they choose a particular shade??????)
- Best Lipgloss: Bourjois Paris Effet 3D Lip Gloss Brun Rose Academic (I want this!)
- Best Nail Polish- Dior Vernis Gris Montaigne, Chanel Le Vernix Black Pearl
How about a best primer Vogue? Different categories for cream and powder blushes maybe?
Vogue Beauty Awards 2011-Haircare
- Best Conditioner(Colored or damaged hair) : L’oreal Total Repair 5 , Kiehls Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak
- Best Conditioner (Normal Hair) : Kerastest Chronologiste Essential Restorative Concentrate
- Best Shampoo(Colored or Damaged Hair) : Loreal Professional Vitamino Color , The Bodyhop Rainforest Radiance Shampoo
- Best Shampoo (Normal Hair) :Kiehl’s Amino Acid Shampoo with Pure Coconut Oil, Garnier Fructis 2 in 1 Shampoo with Nutritive Fuit Oils (I do NOT like the Garnier one)
* I really think Lush deserved a mention for their hair treatments and moisturizers. Their conditioners i dont like but their hair moisturizers are REALLY nice.
Vogue Beauty Awards 2011- Skincare
- Best Sunscreen (Lancome UV Expert High Potency Active Proetction SPF 50) (Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 50 was robbed IMO….. But Neutrogena got mentioned in the anti-ageing section which i haven’t included her)
- Best Night Moisturizer : Forest Essential Night Treatment Sandalwood and Saffron Cream, Neutrogena Light Night Cream (I have Neutrogena Light Night and its lovely!)
- Best Eye Cream: Clinique All About eyes, Ren Active 7 eye Gel (LOVE Clinique All About Eyes)
- Best Makeup Remover: Estee Lauder Take it Away and Clarins Pure Melt (I would just give it to Johnsons Baby oil :p :p )
- Best Day Moisturizer- Loreal Paris Hydrafresh, Dior Hydra Life Pro youth Protective Cream
*Where are the scrubs, and face masks and cleansers??? No Ponds or Lush ? I think the Ponds Tinted Moisturizer deserves a special mention.
Thoughts Girls? Definitely not in agreement to a lot of those as is the situation every year!
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.