Longer -Stronger -Better may well sound like the tag line of a Horlick’s advertisement, but really its just what Garnier claims its Long and Strong Range can do. Their ads disturb me- you know the way the woman pulls a truck with her hair alone. Ouch. I can almost feel the pain in my scalp.
“Smoothes Hair Without Heaviness”
“Detangles Unruly Hair”
“Helps Prevent Breakage and Split Ends”
What I Like
- It does smoothen my hair without making it oil or heavy. My hair feels softer and smoother
- It detangles my hair a lot more so after a shower, it is really easy to comb through. Kind of like what Livon Silky Potion used to do !
- It adds some shine to my hair. Not the ‘Omg her hair blinds me ‘ variety, but there is a slight glossy effect!
- It is light, so it doesnt make your hair oily or sticky looking
What i dont really like
- It smells like ‘Chameli ka Tel’ (Jasmine Oil) and its REALLY not pleasant. I am reminded of those huge wrestlers in Indian villages getting a body massage from a local masseuse when i smell it. Ick. The good thing though is that the smell doesnt transfer on to the hair too much because you need just a little bit of serum. But the thing is , you know when im getting ready for a date, i dont want anything even close to Chameli Ka Tel near me!
- I didnt see it being too effective on frizziness, or making my hair stronger (Iv been using this for 3 weeks now)
Overall Verdict 3.5/5 or B+
Price: Rs 199/-
Would I repurchase:I dont quite know, maybe since its so affordable.
Recommendation: I think whats nice about this serum is how it detangles and smoothens your hair without making it oily (All other serums do that to me :( ) . I dont really think it helps prevent breakage though, but its a very nice serum for the price- if it didnt smell the way it did, it would have probably scored better.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.