Best Bridal Makeup Artists in Delhi : Top 15 With Photos & Reviews !

by Mehak Shahani on December 16, 2011

in Bridal Blog, Bridal Makeup

Best bridal makeup artists in Delhi
I feel like throwing a monkey at someone as i write this. I am super annoyed *grumpy face* . I want to get my bridal makeup done by one of these makeup artists below and since my functions happen in hyderabad and not in my awesome hometown of Delhi, thats not possible .*Huff*. Still, since i am a sweet heart (NOT), i thought i shall put together a list for brides to be who are getting married in this city!

EDIT: This post was written in 2011.  I decided to put all my favourite makeup artists as of 2013 in one place along with their work on my new website called wedmegood.com  I have tried to show some of the best people for their price range (Starting at 8000 going upto 30,000). These are people who do subtle, non christmas tree type of makeup.A list for the same is below

For those willing to spend more than Rs 20,000 per function on Bridal Makeup:

• Chandni singh Bridal Makeup  Chandni singh is a hugely talented makeup artist who shies away from loud bridal makeup. All of her brides look stunningly prettier without the excessive color on their faces that other makeup artists can do. She styles hair too and if you go through her website you will realise why she’s considered one of the best makeup artists in delhi: subtle and understated but still bridal. You will definitely look like a better version of yourself with Chandni Singh.
See her work on my wedding blog : Chandni Singh Bridal Makeup
Price: 25000

• Komal Gulati: If you are a bride with an international frame of mind, then Komal Gulati is perfect. I love that the way she does bridal is not in the traditional indian way. You wont see matchy eyeshadow, but just gorgeous natural neutral shades that look good on your skin no matter what you are wearing- an evening gown or a heavy lehenga. LOVE. Totally Recommend. Take a look at her website photos and yll know what im talking about
Price: Expensive
See her work on my wedding blog wed me good: Komal Gulati
  • Vidya Tikari: She was the artist of choice at two of my other  close friends weddings and they made stunning brides !! I think Vidya Tikari brides are a good blend of light , subtle washes of color but still looking dressy enough for weddings. If you want a flawless look, ask for Vidya herself and not her assistants, whoa re good too but Vidya is truly a class apart. She also is very receptive to client suggestions, and you can definitely tell her the kind of bride you want to be and she can help you turn that into reality.
Price: Rs 22,000 approx for Bridal if done by Vidya herself
Website for makeup photos:http://www.vidyatikari.in/
  • Anu Kaushik If you want to look like a bride thats just completely effortlessly natural, but oh so pretty in a bridal glowing way, then Anu Kaushik is absolutely genius. I feel like her work is much better in person than what you see on the site, and having seen 3 Anu Kaushik Brides, i can say that she is totally worth it ! Subtle, but still bride-worthy- AND honestly she is worth every penny that she charges

Website: www.anukaushik.com

For those willing to spend between Rs 10-20k per function on Bridal Makeup:
  • Shalini Singh from Style Studio

After seeing two of my closest friends on their engagement, my immediate reaction was: Where is your makeup from?? They looked glowing, and radiant but still very much like themselves-  playing up their best features and looking totally gorgeous, yet understated. Both of them answered- Shalini Singh and once i went to her website i realised she has been around since 2001 and has done a lot of work for celebrities, for brides, and for magazines. Take a look at her bridal portfolio- thats exactly the kind of bride i want to be!

Price: Rs 20,000 for Bridal. Lesser charges for subsequent functions

See her work on my new wedding blog: Shalini Singh

• Shruti Sharma

Shruti’s flawless base as well as her ability to make her brides look innately Indian but still with a contemporary feel is just amazing ! I love her work, and me being a non red lips person I adore how she uses oranges , corals and pinks on most of her brides. Polished, contemporary but stil bridal is shruti’s forte

See her work on my wedding blog: Shruti Sharma Bridal Makeup

Price : Approx 15k on engagement and more expensive for bridal

• Simran Kalra Makeup

For the price she charges, Simran Kalra is a superstar ! She is so versatile in giving different kinds of looks and she totally understands the meaning of a bride looking elegant and polished and not made up! Huge fan of her work and once you take one look at her profile you will know why she made it to our list.

See her work on my new blog: Simran Kalra

Price: 13000/- approx for engagement.
  • Sakshi Sagar

A new one on the scene and Sakshi Sagar is definitely one of the better ones out there. She uses mostly gold tones and has a signature winged eye, however have a conversation with her and explain your preferences so she can accomodate

Price: Rs  15-18k for bridal
See her work on my new blog: Sakshi Sagar
  • Avantika Kapur

A name recently discovered, has been trained under Chandni SIngh and her brides glow like lightbulbs ! We loved her work so much we added her to our own wedding professional showcase.

Price: between 15k-19k

See her work on my new blog: Avantika Kapur

• Tejasvini Chander

Tejasvini is a young girl who I think has a super bright future! Her work is subtle, and polished and I love the fresh pink tones she uses on her brides!!!

Price: between 14-19k

See her work facebook: Tejasvini Chander

Looking for one in Chandigarh?? Check out our list here:
Also looking for a candid Photographer? Check out my list here
If you are a bride dont forget to check out our new wedding blog mentioned above !

Chetna Sachdeva April 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I think Chandni Singhs hair and make up is the best I have seen so far! I come from a big family and have seen a lot of cousins get married in the past decade….and they all have been through vidya/ambika/mrignaina and meenakshi….but now having seen and met chandni I think her work is stupendous! Completely recommend her! charges 30k but so totally worth it!

zephyrus April 15, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Hi, just dropped this comment to tell how informative this was, thanks a bunch :) BTW I live in hyderabad too :) do keep us posted when u come through with a compilation of make -up artists in hyderabad :)

makeup artist in delhi June 5, 2012 at 10:05 am

please check with aboutfaces.co.in, richa and bosky they are also doing good in this segment, their some of work are mentioned in their website, aboutfaces.co.in

Divya June 8, 2012 at 5:58 am

Hello Mehak! Can you recommend any bridal make up artist in hyderabad??

mehak June 8, 2012 at 9:36 am

Hi Divya- Annie from Lakme Himayat Nagar, Doris from Doris beauty PArlour, Tanuja from bubbles is supposed to be good

chetna June 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Hi Mehak! can you recommend good bridal make up artist in Kolkata?

Raman vir Singh June 17, 2012 at 7:09 pm

hello thr! thank you for such vital information ,hair & make up. the most important thing for a bride! i went through all the names u mentioned here, spoke to them and checked out their work, and Chandni Singh it for me. i even took a trial with her at her residence ( she charged me for it) but the result was just what i was looking for. so have booked her for all 3 functions & was writing in to thank u for recommendations!

mehak June 17, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Aww yr welcome raman..so happy u got the artist of yr dreams!

Abha June 24, 2012 at 1:31 am

hii mehak,
i like ur survey but still could not decide whom to opt for my wedding. I live in west delhi.
As u said tht vidya tikari is good for bridal but more of dusky.. i dnt prefer tht. So , please suggest if she is good for a suttle look but not dusky one.
And also thr is no portfolio in her website. So, if u hav some recent pics of her work please do send.

mehak June 24, 2012 at 10:50 am

Chandni singh or shalini singh

Shalini Grover June 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Hello

I would like to know i want to get my bridal makeup done in oct, if you can recommed the best of the best makeup artist who can make my d day the best for me ,Prefered location is ashok vihar,pritam pura as my wedding is at GT karnal.

Look foward to hear from your end.

Regards

SHALINI GROVER
+91 9953936244

Akansha June 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Hi,

Which one did u finalize ? I live in Pitampura and want one close to my home.

myra June 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Hi thr ! can any one recommend good bridal make up artist in lucknow as my marriage is in october? plz. as i am from delhi and i dont knw nething about lucknow.

Thanx

Deeksha July 15, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Hi Mehak,

Read your blog and found it interesting! Am looking for a good make-up artist in hyderabad for my sis in-law’s wedding! I live in London and had my own wedding in Delhi and got mine done from vidya. Loved her make up and am looking for something at a similar level..

I see you did loads of research on this -would welcome your views !! Desperate to find a good one ..
D

mona singh July 20, 2012 at 1:24 am

Dear Shalini, and Deeksha,
I got married in last month and my friend suggested me Poonam Rawat name for Bridal makeup as she got her Bridal & Reception makeup done by her . Result was awesome and believe me my hubby had given me compliment on stage that I m looking soooooooooo beautiful. so sweetheart just check out her website ie http://www.poonamrawat.com . CHEERS

Deeksha July 23, 2012 at 3:19 am

Thanks mehak!!! Also where exactly is Doris in Hyderabad ? You got any contact number?

X
D

mehak July 23, 2012 at 9:33 am

09849435692 ..she has a really shady parlour in himayat nagar but she travels to the venuw

Neha July 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Hey Mehak.. have u seen any makeup by michelle.. also i find her charges to be reasonable.. i dont know if i am correct, but does 25k for just 1 makeup sounds legitimate..

baljeet kaur July 26, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I’m getting married in feb 2013. i know its way early to worry about my makeup but this is the only department i have to worry about. I’m brown complexioned girl residing in west delhi. i would be glad if you guys can help me out in choosin my makeup artist. i liked suzain’s work but gk 2 is very far. also tell me if you know someone who does the make up at your own residence.

Regards
baljeet
9810956743

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm

BRIDAL LEHENGA ON RENT CALL 9871472088

Tanya July 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Hi! I visited Shalini Singh a few days back and she really put me off! She is good no doubt but she kept on bitching about some of the brides she worked with. About their jewellery… their lehenga.. their eyebrows etc etc. I was really put off by her attitude and instantly decided not to finalize her.. the one who bitches with you will bitch of you. Oh yes, I met Richa of http://www.aboutfaces.co.in and she seemed pretty good. I might go to her for the big day. Definitely not Shalini Singh because no matter how good she is I would definitely not want someone who’s too judgemental and critical.

Shalini Singh July 31, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Hi! I just read the comment posted by Tanya which quite surprised me!! My apologies I’m not able to place having met u Tanya( but i did meet a Gunjan who asked me about facial treatments she should get done and I did suggest to her about eyebrow correction, my apologies if that offended her) but I wud really like to clarify that what a bride chooses to wear in terms of her clothes or jewelry is entirely her prerogative and personal choice and do not wish to give any personal views on that. All i mention in my meetings with potential brides is that each has a different requirement and expectation and though I by choice like to keep the makeup very natural many a times the work I churn out may not be of my choice…. As regards eyebrows go i do remember having told a few brides on correcting the shape only to soften the face and enhance their eyes. Even in my remotest conversation it is never my intent to bitch anyone. I completely understand how important the wedding day is for any bride and it is always my endeavor to make her look and feel her best!!! In fact I’m always available to all my brides for any queries that even go beyond makeup….. And Tanya my apologies if anything I said upset u!! Take care and wish u all the Best!! I’m sure u made a good choice in whichever makeup artist u decided to go with finally….. Stay happy!!

Rishika August 11, 2012 at 5:46 pm

My sister Devika and I got our makeup from Shalini, and she is UNDOUBTEDLY the best makeup artist we have come across owing to which atleast 5 other bride friends of ours went to her. I wish to disagree with Tanya as I feel her allegations of Shalini being bitchy about her brides etc are baseless. My family has grown to develop a relationship with her which is beyond the ambit of our engagement with her for wedding makeup.
In so far as ur allegation of her being judgmental etc are concerned, I think you need to double check ur facts because she has only advised each of us regarding our makeup products, shape of the eyebrows that would best suit our face structure in addition to advice relating to wedding outfits. We visited her twice before the wedding time and not once did we encounter such an alleged “bitching session” about her brides.
There is no one else I would go to or even recommend other than her as I blindly trust her work, judgement and warm nature which yields a wonderful experience for a bride on her most important day.

SulB August 2, 2013 at 1:52 am

Shalini is FANTASTIC! She did my makeup for my Monsoon wedding and I was so happy with her. I think she is definitely the best MUA in town!

Riya July 30, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Hi .. I am getting married in Nov’2012. And I have booked Aashmeen Munjal for all three functions..engagement, marriage and reception. I have heard great reviews about her and have seen one of friends getting ready for her big day from there .. so now.. fingers crossed .. let’s see how it goes :)

Akansha June 5, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me how did it go? Looking for a makeup artist near Pitampura, Delhi

Trunidi December 10, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Hi Riya,

How was the experience with Aashmeen.

Sim July 31, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Hi Tanya,

Am very shocked to hear your comment on Shalini Singh. She was simply awesome for me! She did my makeup for 5 functions and every time it exceeded my expectations. I dont think i would have looked even half as nice if it wasn’t for her. And as a person, she is super sweet and goes much beyond just applying makeup – she gave me advice for my skin, how to carry my clothes, makeup i could use regularly and much more. So not sure where you are really coming from!

Shalini Singh July 31, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Hi Mehak! I just read the comment posted by Tanya which quite surprised me!! My apologies I’m not able to place having met u Tanya (but i did meet a Gunjan who asked me about facial treatments she should get done and I did suggest to her about eyebrow correction, my apologies if that offended her) but I wud really like to clarify that what a bride chooses to wear in terms of her clothes or jewelry is entirely her prerogative and personal choice and I do not wish to give any personal views on that. All I mention in my meetings with potential brides is that each has a different requirement and expectation and though I by choice like to keep the makeup very natural many a times the work I churn out may not be of my choice…. As regards eyebrows go I do remember having told a few brides on correcting the shape only to soften the face and enhance their eyes and they have all thanked me for the suggestion. Even in my remotest conversation it is never my intent to bitch anyone. I completely understand how important the wedding day is for any bride and it is always my endeavor to make her look and feel her best!!! In fact I’m always available to all my brides for any queries that even go beyond makeup….. And Tanya my apologies if anything I said upset u!! Take care and wish u all the Best!! I’m sure u made a good choice in whichever makeup artist u decided to go with finally….. Stay happy!! :)

Rhea July 31, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I disagree with you, Tanya. Have you seen Bosky & Richa’s (http://www.aboutfaces.co.in) work? If yes, then you would know better than to choose them over Style Studio by Shalini. Work-wise, there is no comparison between Shalini & them. Trust me, better to have a GREAT makeup artist, (opinionated or not) on your special day rather than one who makes you look like a overdone, pasty-faced mannequin. Remember, it’s yourself you’re going to see (not your make-up artist) when you look through your wedding albums. Be smart and choose the makeup artist who can make you look your best. Good luck!

Nitya August 1, 2012 at 6:29 am

I hired Shalini Singh to do my makeup at my wedding and the results were outstanding :) As someone who has zero experience with makeup, I was understandably nervous about how things were going to turn out on the day. To add to my woes, it started pouring on the day and I arrived very late for the makeup session. Shalini took all of this in her stride, understood my concerns, and went about her job very professionally. And boy was she quick! She had me ready in 30-mins flat and went above and beyond her call of duty to help me drape my lehenga and have me looking just right :) I was very pleased with the results and would have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone.

Devika August 2, 2012 at 9:13 am

i could go blindly for shalini singh’s make up after what she did for me for my wedding functions.. i cant believe the negative review someone has posted cz shalini can never be like that. shes not only amazing at her make up skills she also gives the best advice on what coulour would suit the best ..on your skin etc.. and this should be taken as a blessing than a negtive cz its better to know what you shouldnt do than just look bad on your d-day.. i would strongly recommend shalini for wedding as well as party makeup.. on my wedding day, being a morning wedding me and my family landed up at her place at 7:30 am.. she was so sweet and helpful.. her makeup was amazing and so was the hair and draping of outfits.. she had all of us ready on time and more than that was even concerned about me not having eaten anything and she actually gave me breakfast in her house cz it was a long day ahead for me. she does these small things which i never had to ask for.. just shows the kind of person she is- considerate and extremely helpful.. i would highly recommend shalini and would not even want to try anyone else ever thanks to her being such an amazing person..

tanya September 14, 2012 at 3:46 pm

right devika she is a sweet lady and very helpful for a would be bride she would be as concerned as a bride’s own mother would be for the bride like how can the bride would look the best on her d day as this is a important day for a girl she was never bitchy with anyone…..she would always try to do the best and never comprise on anything bridal make up is done everywhere but the concern and care she has for brides is tremendous for my wedding i can’t of any other artist than shalini i was always scared of too dark make up and all but she makes a bride look very natural and not the very gody look ……:-)

Radhika Chugh August 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I did a lot of research before finalising my make up artist and I dont think anyone could have done a better job than Shalini Singh!! she was amazing… and not only did she do a brilliant job with the make up and draping.. she was super nice… put me completely at ease… i dont what you are talking about Tanya.. Shalini even gave me her own maang tikka on my engagement day coz it went with my outfit and i had forgotten my own…. all the brides to be out there…i would trust shalini completely… she made my wedding and engagement days so memorable as i was showered with compliments:) she is a rock star!!

mehak August 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Radiiiii so good to see you on my bloggggg !!!

Radhika Chugh August 6, 2012 at 11:41 am

I love it!!!!:) you’ve done an awesome job!! call u soon… :)

Gurshagun August 18, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Hi girls, well I know these are all pretty known names within the city but I just got engaged last month and I got my makeup done by Kam, she’s from gurgaon but she travels to where ever you need her too. She’s lived in London too and worked in Harrods for makeup as well. She’s Indian but can do whatever look it is that you’re looking for! I was wearing a western gown and didn’t want my makeup to look too over the top and she did an amazing job! Beautiful smokey eyes with a hint of dusky gold. Wow!!!! Everybody was complimenting her work! I’m definitely going to take her on for my wedding, she’s very versatile and can carry of any look!
I really struggled to find the perfect makeup artist and felt the leading names were too gaudy. In the end I felt that her team was just brill!

She takes 20,000 for bridal makeup and it’s so damn worth it! I felt like a princess on my big day! Call her, 9911511115 :)

Michelle Montes August 20, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Hey All,

Thanks for the brief write-up :) just to add, the interested can view my work on my Facebook page, check for “Michelle Montes – Indian Makeup Artist”.

Cheers!

Minal September 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Can I have your number please? Your site is apparently hacked :(

Minal September 4, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I mean Michelle’s site.. gives an error :(

Michelle Montes September 22, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Yes, Minal. Working with my provider to get it resolved. Its been quite a headache,

In the meanwhile, check my facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/MichelleMontesMakeup

or the easiest just drop me a mail or contact me at 9560183996

tanya August 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

Hii ,

i think shalini singh is the best out of all make up artist she has done such good make up for brides so i can’t imagine to have any other make up artist for my wedding except for her she is a genius ……she can make anybody look good

kirti August 21, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Hi!

I am getting married in December in Bangalore. Need advice on make-up artists based in Bangalore!

kirti August 21, 2012 at 4:58 pm

mehak August 21, 2012 at 5:32 pm
Neha August 21, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I am quite surprised to read the comments about Shalini. I had heard about her from quite a few ppl… and went to visit her a few months back. She was warm and welcoming and very friendly. I had just started out with my shopping (with absolutely no clue) and she gave me names of designers, put me in touch with ppl, suggested colours for my outfits… all of which I d term as suggestions, not bitchiness. She did show me snaps of her work, and wherever she felt that a bride’s makeup was not her personal style-which was subtle, she pointed it out to me. I did nt think that was bitchy of her, simply stating facts… because I for one would be really scared of loud make up (since I have a day wedding).

My mom and me felt so much at ease, I instantly booked her for my wedding and reception… without really even going for a trial. And I checked with my friends- everyone said to completely trust her and not bother with a trial.

Looking forward to working with you Shalini- come december :)

NeZ October 13, 2012 at 12:55 am

Hi Neha! I’m also a Neha and I’m also going with shalini for my dec wedding..! Also. I met her just before we started shopping and she gave us a lot of suggestions (she’s super nice..!)
Funnily enough me and my mom finalised her without a trial too :P coincidental huh :)

rohita August 28, 2012 at 10:45 am

I got my makeup done from Richa from aboutfaces.co.in.Trust me i was so happy with their work.It felt as if everythg was going exactly the way i had wished.Have recommended their work to all my friends,so can bang upon them for your D day.However,they travel all over india.So try their services for sure.

priya September 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Hi rohita
can u mail me richa’s no. or email address.my email is priya23nov@gmail.com

shruti September 14, 2012 at 9:32 am

have u seen any bride by

tanya September 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm

hii shruti i haven’t see any bridal make up from this artist but i am hard core fan of shalini singh she is just perfect her finishing touches are so good that you don’t need to worry at all
the kind of make up she does is just perfect tried many artist before but finally no one is better than shalini i would personally Recommend In India shalini singh just love her work …<3
and i think many brides who have been dressed up by shalini would agree with my point .

divya September 20, 2012 at 5:27 pm

hi Mehak,

can u plz suggest a gud makeup artist in goa. Its my sis-in-law wedding there and im looking for a local makeup artist so that i can save on the airfare on accommodation charges.

diya September 23, 2012 at 11:39 am

hi

could some1 please let me know any good makeup artists in ahmedabad. i have visited a few salons but they are to loud for my style. i wanted something subtle and delicate.please do let me know thankyou

Hello I would like to know i want to get my bridal makeup done in oct, if you can recommed the best of the best makeup artist who can make my d day the best for me ,Prefered location is ashok vihar,pritam pura,rohini as my wedding is at GT karnal. Look fo September 27, 2012 at 8:14 pm

i have my weding in the month of Januar, Can you recommend any bridal make up artist?

mala October 1, 2012 at 5:22 pm

hey
u can contact shallu for bridal makeup . she can come to ur location too any where whether its west delhi or GT karnal road. her no is 9891994816 .

pooja arora October 2, 2012 at 2:35 am

hiiii…:-) I am pooja from Delhi. I got my Bridal Makeup done by Poonam Rawat who is suggested by my best friend teena. she is awwwwesumm. check her website and then urself decide who is Best in Bridal Makeovers. its http://www.poonamrawat.com

swati October 7, 2012 at 2:25 am

Hi,
I am getting married in January and I have booked Aashmeen for the main day. Can you please give any reviews about her work.

swati October 7, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Hi ,

Looking for an MUA but my biggest trouble is to find someone who would come to my home town in bijnor, UP. Its a 3 hrs drive from delhi. I have a budget of 20-25 K. Thanks. Vidhya charges 30k in delhi and 75 k for outside delhi!!!!

mala October 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

contact shallu chandla, her no is 9891994816, she goes out of station also + can come in ur budget too . her work is excellent , no doubt in this

Pallavi October 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Hi,

I am getting married on Nov 1 ..Have already spoken to most of the names mentioned here, but most are either unavailable or charge a hefty sum. My budget is between 10-15 K. I am looking at ALPS, Laxmi Nagar and LAKME, Karkardooma parlours. Any reviews on these? These are near my place and the wedding is on a weekday. Is there anyone who does make up at the venue in that range ? I don wanna travel too far away and get stuck in traffic.

Pallavi

Neha October 10, 2012 at 9:48 am

Pallavi, U can check at Looks Salon, V3S mall. The charges are very reasonable and the MUA is very nice. She did my rokka makeup n it was very subtle girly kinds. You can talk to her about ur preferences. Per my experience she is definitely better than Lakme karkardooma n V3S.

Isha Chaudhary October 11, 2012 at 11:13 pm

In my opinion; Renu Arora’s hair & make-up is the best i have seen so far! Either me or my family members have gone across all the biggest names in the industry but never got the personal attention that Renu gives to her clients. Her charges are reasonable & creates stunning looks.

Meenakshi, Ambika, Vidya, Chandani & so on has merely become brand name. Not worth it getting your makeup done by them.

I would recommend Renu Arora for every to-be bride. Her website address is http://www.renuarora.in

Richa October 14, 2012 at 12:04 am

Hi Mehak!
I cant seem to decide between Vidya Tikari and Shalini singh.
I saw sme pictures on each of their websites and the brides all looked nice
Shalini’s brides were maybe too understated or ‘just perfect’ ??? not sure
and some of Vidya’s brides were a little ‘out there’.

also which one do you think would be better in terms of personalized attention? I know I’m talking about the two best people out there but Help! :)

mehak October 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

Theyr both good richa. Shalini is more personalised thoough.

Rashi Malik October 26, 2012 at 1:14 pm

what a fabulous blog for all brides to be. this place seems to hv all the necessary information that a bride would require. so went through all the possible names of make up artists and loved Chandni Singh & Anjelina. I went through all of there websites- meenakshi dutt, shalini singh, vidya tikari, ashmeen munjal, renu arora but found their work too tacky !! Ambika seems to be a bridal factory with no personalised attention what so ever!!I mean who does red green eye shadows now with cakey white foundation? I think the new generation of make up artist have arrived – Chandni Singh clearly stands out!

Shalini October 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Hii Rashi :-) u r rite dat ambika has bridal factory with no personalise attention. I also think that new generation not like cakey patch foundation with green and red eyeshadow which is very common at Ambika,shalini, vidya tikari makeup. I like chandini makeup but.. she is good at Fashion Makeup not at Bridal Makeup at all. I guess u didnt check her website properly otherwise you wud have agree with me. I heard about Poonam rawat that her Bridal Makeover is too Classy and flawless. I have checked her website and already booked her for my NRI sister’s Wedding and Reception makeup :-). If you want Poonam Contact no is- 9650867080. Do take care and hv fun ;-)

swati November 28, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Hi Divya,

In response to your query” if u want someone good in East Delhi then you can try Smily Shinh otherwise you can go for freelancers. her saloon is in rajdhani enclave opp preet vihar”.
View her page:

Pooja Bansal October 28, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Hi….

I am getting married on 30th Nov, but till now i haven’t booked any parlour as my marriage is outside delhi its in UP …plz suggest me best make up artist ??

Sarabjeet October 30, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Hi ,

I am getting married on 18th of Nov and have not booked anyone for my make up. I am so confused about it… it is going to be a day wedding and i do not want a loud make.. I am from North West Delhi (Rohini). Can anybody suggest any make up artist ?

Akansha June 5, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Which one did u finalize ?

Rashi Malik October 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm

hi shalini, thank u for the recommendation. i did check poonams work but her brides missed out n the charm and grace which Chandni’S brides have. her work seems to have the kind of polish I like.

Thank u so much for all your tips. This blog is indeed perfect for all kind of wedding information! Cheers!

Divya November 5, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hi,

My wedding is in January. I am looking for some good makeup artist in East Delhi.
Any idea about makeup at looks V3S mall?

also for the engagement i have selected plum(gk2). Any idea how are the senior makeup artist there?

lovely ladies out there…please suggest…

Divya

Richa November 7, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Hi,

I am getting married in December. Looking for a good make up artist in South Delhi only. Can someone plz suggest me a good MUA for my wedding within the budget of 10-18k..??

Also, would be glad if someone can provide a feedback of Looks Salon at GK for bridal makeup..?

Richa

Neha November 8, 2012 at 11:01 am

Hi Richa,

I ve heard Suzaane from Plum in GK-II is good- I ve seen her work on brides and she s quite subtle.

The other option is Shalini Singh (see Mehak’s write up)- her house is in Panchsheel Enclave and she gets brides ready at her place. She charges around 18K- but there is no difference between what she charges for the wedding day and for other functions.

Neha

Rashi Malik November 10, 2012 at 11:56 am

i did check out plum at gk 2 as well. i was not so impressed with their bridal album because most of them were ‘shoot images’. they barely had 2 images of real brides there. i mean come on salons have to be dumb to think that we cannot make the difference out between shoot images and real brides. i think its better to pay up and get the best because looking like a disaster is not an option on your d day!

preeti November 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm

gurpreet0530@yahoo.com – hi all am getting engaged
and i am from west delhi janakpuri. Can
anybody suggest any make up artist for me. My budget is 15 k. Its going to b a day function on 26 jan

mona December 17, 2012 at 1:10 am

Hii Preeti, check this website http://www.poonamrawat.com and decide urself instant of going just randomly as its gonna be your spacial day fore ever. Cheers :-)

preeti November 12, 2012 at 12:10 pm

hi all am
getting engaged
and i am from west delhi janakpuri.
Can
anybody suggest any make up artist
for me. My budget is 15 k. Its going to b
a day function on 26 jan

Mitali October 15, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Sharmila November 14, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Brilliant,magnificent,fantastic, I can go on and on and still not praise chandni Singh enough. After checking out so many make up artists in Delhi it was my good fortune I ended up with chandni to do my bridal and I would like to add it was becoz of my best friend shweta who swears by chandni’s make up magic. I don’t have to ask anyone, I know I never looked better than what chandni made me look like on my wedding. That’s not it. My sister inlaws were so impressed they wanted chandni for my reception. Poor girl slogged so hard to get the 3 of us ready. Thank u Chandni u r the bestest. Mwaaah darling. Luv u.

Divya November 16, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Mehak- Kindly suggest.

i am re-posting my comment from above “Hi,

“Hi.

Any idea about makeup at looks V3S mall?

lovely ladies out there…please suggest…

Divya”

mehak November 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Hi Divya,
Havent tried Plum Gk so i dnt know :(

preeti November 17, 2012 at 8:32 am

But chandni charge too much…:-(…i m luking for engagement…:-(..within 15

Divya November 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hi Mehak,

Can u plz suggest me some good artist within 15k??

mala November 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm

hi divya ,
i m regular reader of this page, as i was watching u that u r constantly trying for gud makeup artist in east delhi , i can recommend u one name u can try shallu chandla , she is from noida though she travels to location too with full set of mirrors . absolutely gud one, this can i say u with so gaurantee because she has done bridal on me too in april , in last moment i contacted her when i got upset from makeup artist in vidya tikari at my engagement because of no personal attention , its just like a daily work for them to control lots of people , but when shallu came to my house i was fully satisfied with her reasonable rates and her keen and personal attention towards work , especially her passion too.
u can contact her at 9891994816 .

swati November 19, 2012 at 11:28 pm

divya you can try urvashi she charges 15k for bridal. https://www.facebook.com/MakeoverbyUrvashi?fref=ts

Sharmila Sethi November 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Divya why dnt u goto chandni Singh? I think she’s all set to launch her salon too so u will have to get in touch with her for details. But trust me it’s better to travel a distance be in hands of someone like chandni than look like a disaster on your special day. I only learnt my lesson after having a disastrous session at Ambika pillais salon… All the best all u beautiful women!!

divya November 20, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Sharmila/Swati/Mala………….. thank u sooooooooooooo much :)

Jhanvi November 25, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Warning!!!

This blog is fake & only encourage the work of particular persons who i think are the creator of this blog. Their work don’t have any worth & only meant to publicized themselves.

mehak November 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Lol …
is all i can say.. why would i list down 6 makeup artists if i wanted to promote just one? I assume yr referrng to the fact that why im deleting comments which are promoting other makeup artists
This is because people are creating fake names, (Im not stupid) and writing comments like “Öh you must check out xyz”etc shes great, much better than the above etc !!! If a genuine comment comes along that genuinely recommends someone, i approve it, but there is no place for self promotion on this blog- specially by makeup artists themselves who want to get promoted by creating fake id’s and commenting.
Secondly, if i get to know of a makeup artist whose style i really like, the list expands and i add another one. Unforntunately most of the makeup artists who approach me or “Fake comment” mentioning their site are not my style or my preference at all. Hence they are not recommended.

Jhanvi November 27, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I am probably being sarcastic but I only came to this conclusion after reading so many comments which encourage few makeup artists rather than those who really got talent. Please accept my apologies if I am wrong to post here.

You pointed out in your reply that you listed down 6 makeup artist in your blog & not promoting just one; then why did you put Chandani singh, Michell montes & Shalini singh’s name over Vidya tikari & Ambika pillai names?? Do you really think that these names which I just mentioned are worth putting on top despite the fact that their work doesn’t speak much about their bridal makeup capability? I must remind you that your blog is meant for “bridal makeup artist” not fashion makeup artist. Please correct me if am wrong!!

Your blog must encourage the work of those who really got brilliance in the field of Bridal Makeup & to do this; you should make self finding efforts in spite of relying on your blog readers’ comments. After all you are the creator of this blog & your own findings can add more interest & uniqueness to your blog.

mehak November 27, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Err…LOL
I never knew th “Örder” of writing names mattered. Have i ranked them? Obviously not. This is my blog, and it portrays what I think and according to me, i have seen prettier brides of the former than the latter.Obviously, you have not seen bridal makeup done by any of the former in person before and thats why yr coming to this conclusion that the popular ones should be mentioned first . I find that arguement slightly funny actually, i write whatever comes into my head first..not like*OOh let me put her last*. What are we in high school?

saumya November 28, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Hi Mahek,

My marriage is in jan and I am thinking to book aashmeen munjal. Can you please tell how her makeup is?

thanks

mehak November 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Hi Saumya,
Ashmeen is a reputed name its a personal preference really. If you like heavy bridal makeup, then ashmeen is pretty good…but sometimes if u like very soft makeup shes not that great> Why dont you get a trial with her? If you have seen brides whose pictures have been done by ashmeen n u like it then go ahead!

Roshni Sakhuja December 2, 2012 at 6:33 pm

wow!! Your blog seems to be the apt place to get all bridal info! I just got fixed recently and to my complete surprise the date is in feb! So running around like a ma woman getting quotations from every vendor u can think of. Right now my priority is fixing my photographer and make up artist as i believe 20 and 21 feb are heavy wedding dates. i am looking at a candid photorapher who can capture moments and not just whatshappning there. Have gone through so many websites and love Photo tantra sspersonally. Also met this girl called bhumika, she does not have great experience but what ever little she has shown me is stunning and ofcourse is availabe for a astunning price. Like any woman make up remains of primary concern to me as i would ike to look like myself and not like an alien on my special days. yes i seem to agrre that regular salons cannot do a professional job when it comes to make up. SO obviously i am bent towards names like ambika pillai, vidya tikari and anu kaushik. ambika oflate does not seem to come highly recommended. vidya still seems to hv a good reputation. anu kaushik is terribly expensive for me. I believe Chandni Singh is launching her salon too . So am just confused with who to pick? Suggestions please.

monali December 5, 2012 at 1:08 pm

hey what r ur reviews about meenakshi dutts makeover studio punjabi bagh

NIKITA December 5, 2012 at 1:36 pm

any good or bad abt ANU KAUSHIK and KOMAL GULATI ?

mehak December 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Anu kaushik is amazing have seen her brides in person
Komals i havent seen but iv heard shes damn damn good!

NIKITA December 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm

any other name for classy yet natural makeup artist than anu kaushik , chandni singh and komal gulati ? pls suggest

mehak December 5, 2012 at 2:17 pm

you can try shalini singh.

Tanya Bajaj December 30, 2012 at 2:08 am

ashmeen munjal!

NIKITA December 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

hey monali if u have to spend soo much so better go for anu kaushik than meenakshi dutt is my reccomendation

saumya December 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm

hey,

thanks mahek… Any idea how much anu kaushik charges?

mehak December 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Nope, though she is expsnive..i think round about how much chandni singh charges

prachi sharma December 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm

hey if you are going for a bridal makeup then go for anu kaushik or shalini singh. dont go for meenakshi dutt, she only takes high prices and transofrms a beautiful girl into a janani.

Shivali Dhawan December 12, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married in Feb. 13, could you please help me in finalizing the bridal makeover for engagement and marriage….

I am consentrating on Vidya Tikari or Ambika Pillai.

Kindly help at the earliest :)

swati December 12, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Vidya Tikari is better if you want subtle make up!
Ambika is also good.

Ayesha December 24, 2012 at 1:45 pm

NEVER go to Mrignaina! She can either make u look good or very horrible. She spoilt my friend’s hair on her cocktail. Poor thing wouldn’t stop crying. She refuses to listen to you and when u say u don’t like what she’s done, she just says sorry and washes her hands off.

Ekta December 26, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Hi,
I am getting married on 29 Jan 2013, Plz suggest me good make up artist in Gurgaon.
would be glad if you guys can help me out in choosin my makeup artist.

Supriya Mimani December 28, 2012 at 6:29 pm

How often does it happen that almost everyone who comes on stage asks you where you got your make-up done from, because it is looking so beautiful…
This was the case with me and my sister..with both our wedding just a day apart…both of us went to Plum in GK2 salon, got the make-up done from a senior artist(Rachna..i think) and it was worth every penny(only 7000/-)..
And the reason I chose plum was because my friend, who made a beautiful bride..was a plum bride too..
And the best part was, that i changed the eyeliner look 3 times…and the make-up artist dint crib, or spend 15 min trying to convince me that what she had done was looking nice on me..(an irritating experience which I have had in many other parlours)..she was patient, and very accomodating..
Plum..highly recommended..

mona December 29, 2012 at 2:15 am

Hii Mehak, I am too agree with many people who all said that you promote only two three names like chandini and shalini I personally checked both website but find not worth at all because as far as everybody knows dat every makeup artist has own specialization. they may be good for fashion work but not bridal. I find everytime you laugh on others comment but that cant change the facts so kindly respect and dnt delete any blog. let people try some other good makeup artist like Ricky seth and Poonam Rawat they are really worth. please guys kindly google both name and check their website and decide urself wt is truth. love u allll.. :-)

mehak December 29, 2012 at 9:52 am

Errr…you do realise like 10 names have been promoted above? Yr free to write anyones name.

mehak December 29, 2012 at 10:46 am

And frankly, ‘many people’ did not say. One person said. And just BTW- i get the IP address of everyone who posts a comment on my blog. You have been commenting time and again using diff diff id’s . I think you have posted atleast 4 times in this thread alone. I would highly suggest you decide which ID it is you want to use- because every week you create a new id, and try and promote Poonam Rawat. If people like her work…theyll go for her. Please dont use this as a platform for promotion.

bhavana November 24, 2013 at 6:02 pm

awesome Mehak – guys u have to understand this is a blog – personal space for anyone to write anything – if people want to listen they can or I recommend make one of their own :)

Sitara January 5, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hi!
Can you recommend make up artists in Chandigarh? I am getting engaged on feb! :)
Thanks!

mehak April 21, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Here you go:

This is the one we recommend from Cgarh

Smriti January 29, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Hi Mehak… I’ll be glad if you or any of your readers could help me in finding a good Bridal makeup artist in Bhubaneshwar (Orissa) !!

Ash February 11, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Hi Mehak

who would you recommend more – Chandni Singh or Komal Gulati for the sister of groom, not the bride??

mehak February 12, 2013 at 9:16 am

both are equally good. I would just say go with the more affordable one of the two

Sheetal Malhotra February 13, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Am writing in to personally thank every blog whos suggestions made it easier for me to plan my wedding. I went to 3 different make up artists for my hair and make up over all 3 occasions of mine and now that the pictures are here for me to see, I look the best on my reception day with hair & make up done by chandni Singh. I cant really bad mouth any other artists as it was my decision to hire them, after seeing their work. probably thats the best they could do ! also the whole salon experience was wonderful with chandni because it was just so spacious and clean & a highly efficinet and well dressed staff! my best friend got dressed by the senior artist, Ajay, at the salon and the make up was as gorgeous!

mehak February 13, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Aww yr welcome sheetal!

shweta February 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm

hey mehak..
i really luv ur blogs..
can u plz tell me hows anjum bhardwaj??
my sister is gettin married in may’13…
thanks :D

Nandita Mehta February 22, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Hello women,
Kinda over whelmed to see how 3 new names are being over done here! Shalini Singh, Chandni Singh and Michelle. I think am gonna consult all 3 to see who is really worth it. Surprisingly Michelle has a website which does not work, Shalini just has 7 pictures on display. Only Chandni Singhs website seems fabulous with that phenomenal body of work. Will surely get back with a feed back!

Yamini March 4, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I have seen this person KritiDS From delhi.
Her work is just superb.
She just gives what we actually want.
I really love her work.
Her FB page-

Manjari March 7, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Hi Mehak,

Can you suggest me a good MUA in Meerut ( 3 hrs drive from Delhi). I am getting married in May. I would prefer a local artist as i suppose that would be affordable.
Thanks.. :-)

niti July 16, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Hi!

who did u finally book?

Pragya March 7, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I would like to say that Shalini Singh did a fabulous job for my sister’s wedding make up around 10 days back..! Not only was it subtle and she looked herself, but she is open to the bride’s opinion..!!
The individual attention that you get in her make up studio inside her home, is what a bride really needs after all the pre-wedding hungama. Three hours of pampering and not feeling like a product on a conveyor belt is a PLUS…
The pictures are beautiful with no one shining like an oil cake… A definite recommendation for all brides to be..!

Anupama Bhatia March 19, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Its amazing to see how make up/wedding blogs actually help brides to be, make an informed decision. Of course a word of mouth reference helps better. Chandni Singh came highly recommended to me by more than half a dozen women who had gotten dressed for their special occasions by her. I paid her a visit at her salon and was floored by her passion towards her work. Have booked her for all 3 of my functions scheduled in April + am also attending her make up workshop to learn ‘DIY’ make up skills. Her body of work is impressive to the hilt and her warmth and charm makes her an absolute delight to be with! Highly recommend her!

Aarti March 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Hi, could you please give me the address of chandni Singh or where I can get in touch with her. I think she has her salon in noida and defense colony. I want to know the address of DF colony.

pooja March 31, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Hi mehak, I am getting engaged on 16th May … Looking for a makeup artist who can travel down to Udaipur. My budget is 20-25k plus travel & accommodation. Kindly recommend a good artist. Suzzane & chandini singh doesnt travel out of town it seems …

mala April 3, 2013 at 2:01 pm

hi pooja ,
read ur requirement , I think u can approach Shallu , based in noida, very down to earth person for ur makeup requirements, she travels too for the the weddings alot ,
I cant trust anybody else except her as she did my wedding too last year . u can contact her at 9891994816

mona April 1, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Hi mehak,
I am a regular reader of this blog and you can check my ip address that I am using only one ID. but I have a doubt on you as you are using different ID to promote particular persons. I hv rechecked this blog and find this fact where other people like Jhanvi writes that ur blog is fake because you encourage particular persons, isha, mala,swati , neha all suggested different makeup artist name. so let people also comment on this blog and will appreciate if you respect other,s comment as well as you created this blog to help people.

mehak April 1, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I dont delete any comments unless thyr from the same IP, or unless the same person is coming back again and again and re-writing a persons name.
If i had a problem with othwr MUA , why would i let mala etc comment. You yourself said it right so i dont know what yr argueing about.

The point is- i know who comments as a genuine person, and who comments only to promote some person and this place is not something for self promotion. If a genuine person comes and says oh xyz is great, ill publish it, but if the same person comes in again and again and says oh click this link shes great blah blah blah. Not happening.

Amaira April 2, 2013 at 11:16 am

I have booked

Aparna May 16, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Hey
I contacted her too. She sounds very promising. I think I am booking her for sure!
I like how her brides look like themselves with makeup, and not a theatre artist.

niti July 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm

how did you like her make-up?

Aparna July 28, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Hey Niti,

Im so glad I booked Aakriti Kochar. It all went well, I got so many complements. Im waiting for my pictures , cant wait.

Gurpreet April 5, 2013 at 9:36 am

Hi Mehak,

I am getting married in July,13. So, I am looking for a best makeup artist in East Delhi. Can you please help?

Regards
Gurpreet

nidhi sharma April 5, 2013 at 11:23 am

Hi Mehak,

Im getting married in December and have been reading a zillion blogs to gather information and do something different at my wedding (dont all of us want that!!!)

Anyhow im writing to you coz im absolutely clueless about makeup and ur blog has been a kind of savior. i have never and i mean never worn make up….i seem to hate the cakey look. And the to be husband has also requested me not to wear any makeup for the wedding (only if they got what it means to be the Bride!!!)

So im kinda a jealous that your a Delhi and not Mumbai- or that you didnt get married in Mumbai, reason being- my life would be so simple had i had a list of the best make up artists in Mumbai!!!

Can i therefore request you to help me find a good MUA in Mumbai.

Regards
Nidhi

mehak April 5, 2013 at 11:27 am

Hi Nidhi,
Pankake by puneet is really nice. Try getting in touch wth her? Im not sure how expensive she is. Also recommend ou go through the ‘Real brides’ feature ..There are some mumbai brides featured ..you can look at their makeup and make a choice? Generally the mua name is mentipned in the article. and if you go through the comments on the article you should find some useful phoen numbers as well!

Gurpreet April 5, 2013 at 11:47 am

Hi Mehak,

I am getting married in July,13. So, I am looking for a best makeup artist in East Delhi. Need your help. Please suggest some good makeup artist.

Regards
Gurpreet

Rekha April 8, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Hi Mehak,

I am getting married in Jaipur in May 2013…..would request you to suggest the best MUA in Jaipur.

Regards

Rekha

Gurpreet April 8, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Pls reply to my post. It’s urgent…..

mehak April 8, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I dont know anyone in that area sorry!

monica April 12, 2013 at 11:48 am

Hi, would you know if there’s a Sephora store in Bangalore. Delhi has it.

richa April 14, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Hi mehak
Its my engagement in April end..plzz suggest me some good makeup artists in chandigarh..i want to go with airbrush makeup..so plz suggest me some good options for the same..wud really appreciate ur concern.
Tnx n stay blessed

sunidhi July 31, 2013 at 12:19 am

Hey, which MUA did you use in chandigarh finally? I am getting married and am trying to find one here. Your help will be appreciated.

mehak April 21, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Hi, chandigarh- pls check our rabias work

Ashima April 16, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Hi, I am getting married in Ghaziabad this December. Most of the well known make up artists are based in Delhi and charge a bomb to travel. Can someone please suggest a good make up artist based in Ghaziabad? I don’t really do make up so I want someone who can go very simple and elegant make up. Please let me know…

saumya April 25, 2013 at 12:24 am

Hi Gurpreet and Ashima

If you are looking for a makeup artist in east delhi or ghaziabad, you can contact Apurva.
Really Awsum. His number is 9810725118.
All the best for your future.

Gurpreet April 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Thanks Saumya!!!
But I had already booked a Salon in East Delhi as I didn’t get any reply.. She’s also an awesome makeup artist..

Prachi May 1, 2013 at 1:08 am

Hi Mehak

I have my wedding in November 2013 in Nainital.Please help me find a makeup artist for my three functions in Nainital – Engagement, Wedding & Reception.I would prefer a economical makeup artist as it is a destination wedding & travelling & other charges would also incur.I am really confused :O
Hoping for you reply :)

Aparna May 16, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Hi prachi,

all the makeup artists listed are amazing (except for the ones operating salons) and travel outstation. Whether it be Michelle Montes, Aakriti Kochar, KritiDS , etc. Just search freelance makeup artist on google and you’ll get the results.

divya May 15, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Hi Mahek,

This may be the wrong thread to ask this question. But could you please suggest some good self makeup/grooming classes around Gurgaon or Delhi which are reasonably priced as well.

Diya May 21, 2013 at 8:37 am

Hey Mehak

I am getting married in July..and stressing about it as I am overseas and have no idea about the make up artists (except a few) in Delhi. My first choice for make up was Vidya Tikari but can’t go to her as her Lajpat Nagar studio is way too far from the wedding venue. I was wondering if you have seen bridal make up done by senior artists of Vidya Tikari? Are they any good?

Aksh chahal May 21, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Hi great work your doin Mehak
Your blog has helped me a lot to finalise my lehngas need a bit ow help in Mua as well
Can you please advice me on good Mua in chandigarh for my wedding please

mehak April 21, 2014 at 12:57 pm

HI Aksh,
Yes rabia is great !
Here is link t her work and contact
mehak recently posted..Bridal Makeup Breakdown: Makeup Artist Reveal Vol 2My Profile

Sharn May 25, 2013 at 4:07 am

Hi,
I just came across this post and thought maybe you could help me! I am from Canada and i’m getting married to my fiance in Punjab in Oct 2013. We are both canadian but most of his family is in in Punjab. I am having a very difficult time finding makeup artists in Punjab, and i’m quite stressed out. It’s hard for me to find anyone because I can only use the internet to search for good makeup artists. Is there anyone you could recommend? Someone who can do makeup in Punjab? or if you know where else I can look to find this information. If you can help, it would be great!!

Sharn

Sonali Sharma June 2, 2013 at 1:30 pm

It was always a dream to look like a princess on my darling sisters wedding and KOMALGULATI, made my dream come true. Every occasion she gave me a different look complementing the clothes , thus completing my perfect look. Bold over by her excellent makeup skills I got motivated to join her make up classes which helped me learn a lot about the right makeup techniques and also helped me have a makeover. She’s the best makeup artist in town as she knows how to accentuate the best feature of the person….. Love uuu, ur d best KOMALGULATI !!!!!

Mansi June 10, 2013 at 12:10 am

Hello Everyone,
I have read all the blogs and its so amazing to get an idea about makeup artist , I need your help, I am getting married and would like to look elegant , Gorgeous . My venue would be in East Delhi so suggest the place nearer to that and good expert. I just to listen WOW on my special day..please ladies help me in finding nice makeup artist.

Shradha June 11, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hi ,

I am getting married in NOv 2013 and looking for some good makeup artist. My buget is between 15k – 20k .can u please suggest who can help me look different and speacial.

SONIYA June 21, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Hi Mehak ,
I’m a makeup artist working as freelance in basically from New Delhi ,, As m a freelance ,,i have visited bangalore and hyderabad many a times for my professional work of makeup,,have a fair experience in the desired field of makeups,,, i did fashion makeups,,, bridal makeups,, event makeups ,, celebrity makeups and now m looking forward to work with reputed makeup artist as assistant to make myself flourished with this art. Can u please recommend me and help me in this regard. My mail id is already been given and my cell no is 09953536385 . I hope this site of urs can b a great help for me in comming time.

Regards
Soniya

Nikita June 24, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Hey Mehak

First of all thanks a lot, your blog has really helped me a lot in looking for lehengas and now I am looking for a MUA aswell. I really like Chandni Singh’s work. Was checking her website, which says the bridal make up from senior makeup artist is 12000 onwards. Do you have any idea about how the senior make up artists at her salon are?

mehak June 24, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Hi Nikita,
Not sure about them!

Meeta Dixit June 28, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Dear Mehak,
I must compliment you on your blog firstly. It has all vital information that a bride and a make up junkie could ask for. I got married many years back and then the only 2 people who were prominent in the world of make up were Ambika & Vidya. I had opted for Vidya then as I found her work better but was hugely disappointed when all my pleas to keep the make up simple were ignored. To my horror she wasnt even there once she had completed my make up as per her style. My younger sister got fixed a few months back and we set out to do our share of research for every vendor on earth. For make up we fixed Chandni Singh and she was spectacular. I got dressed by her senior assistant and my mom had used the junior artist services and we were mighty pleased. Every request was heard and attended too and I must say her salon is out of the league. Beautiful vintage decor and huge! A must visit!

Niti June 29, 2013 at 1:56 pm

hi!

i have my sagan (pre wedding function) in Meerut in Nov’13. i am looking for a freelancer MUA who could do my make up there. i tried contacting various make up artist including Komal Gulati, Shalini Singh but they charge 40k or 50k. My budget is about 20-25k. Can someone recommend me a good artist? has anyone tried out Aakriti Kocchar?

Pls suggest.

Jaya September 8, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Hey,

I have booked her for my wedding functions. Her work is impressive, not loud at all. Check out her website and facebook page. See if you like it

Nidhi vatsa December 23, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Hi,

I would suggest, Priyanka Bhangaliya, she is one of the best makover artsits i have ever come across. She is also a cosmetologist .. who knows what is best suiting you skin. Her makeover are simply flawless.. in my wedding.. i got the makeup done by her…she made me look like altogether a different elegant, exceptionally pretty and really glorious bride. I can even share my pics with you… she charges very nominal 8000-10,000…. her contact number is 9953399188

best of luck..

kanika July 9, 2013 at 12:16 am

Hi Mehak

I have been reading your blog since a loong time now and i want to thank you for giving me a head-start in my prep for marriage. I have done humongous research on the best MAU but for dates which are heavy, nothing can be predicted. We are never sure of quality if we go to someone less popular or is just a “one man army” , but we can also not be sure of the kind of time and attention we will get in big names as the QUEUE is loong ….
I have inquired and all the big ones like Vidya can even do 15-20 in a day which makes me scared !!!

Luck here is obviously a very important factor.

But, i really really need one suggestion of Yours …..(as i have got over confused with online research) : SHOULD I GO FOR AIR BRUSH MAKEUP OR NORMAL MAKEUP …..???
Ambika , Vidya and the likes use only air brush for their brides and so answer to my question can make my life easier by just putting some names off the list…

Thanks in advance for your continued help :)
cheers

mehak July 9, 2013 at 9:27 am

Ummm both are fine…but its not true that ambika and vidya do only airbrush…as far as i know they do both…
if yr confused between the two, personally vidya is more my style…but if you can afford to spend a bomb i would go with chandni singh/komal gulati/anu kaushik

Kamini July 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Hi,

Here’s my cents…..like may of you I also did a lot of research on the net and otherwise about the MUA I should get….n finally selected Vidya Tikari for my wedding day. I have to mention here that I have been a kajal and lip balm only kinda girl all my life n so knew very little about makeup in general. But I have to say that Vidya did a fab job, the makeup she did made me look very very beautiful. I received sooooo may compliments from people. My nephew who is only 7 years of age told my mom that “Bua looks like actresses in movies”, my husband had the widest smile as I walked towards him n the most cherished of all was the compliment my mum-in-law gave me, she said I was looking like a “goddess”…….this was all bcoz of the makeup Vidya did. I definitely recommend her.

niti July 11, 2013 at 4:46 pm

What about Aakriti Kochar? did any one try her?

Aparna August 27, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Hi Niti,

I got my makeup done by Aakriti for three wedding functions. My pictures are not on her official page. I could not be happier looking at the pictures. Best part is that I looked like myself and looked my best till now. You can visit : http://www.facebook.com/aakritikocharmakeup

Jaya September 4, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Hey Girls,

I am booking Aakriti Kochar for my wedding functions. I got in touch with a lot of makeup artists after reading this blog and met quite a few as well. In my opinion, her work is subtle. Something I gather from these blogs that all of us are looking for. I am definitely booking her. I believe you should all look at her page on facebook for pictures : aakriti kochar makeup , and meet her too as one of the choices for wedding makeup artists. Rest you meet and decide.

Cheers and Best Wishes !

Megha July 15, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Hi Mehak

I just read all the comments posted here. Got good information about bridal make-up artists.
One of my cousin is getting married in December. We are looking for pre-bridal and bridal make-up packages. One of our relative recommended Bharti Taneja(ALPS) and Ambika Pillai. I have personally seen Ambika Pillai’s make-up. But not sure about Bhari Taneja.
Could you please suggest which one is better?

Regards

Niti July 18, 2013 at 11:06 pm

how is Chandni Singh’s senior artist?

Shikha July 19, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Hi Mahek,

I have my engagement in October 2013. I am looking for a goodd but not a very very expensive MUA for the event. I am dusky in colour and can easily pass off as a South Indian (though am not Southindian). Who would you recommend?

Thank
Shikha

Ashima July 24, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I am planning to get my make up for my Sangeet done by one of the senior artists of either Vidya/Ambika or Susanne (Plum Studio)
Can any one recommend which one I should go for?

Pia Gulati July 24, 2013 at 8:36 pm

I live in Rohini.I am getting married in November!! I have booked KritiDS on my wedding.
I am quite impressed by her work.
I wanted to see her brides live but then due to my hectic work hours i was not able to see her brides.
One day i saw her bride in Metro.I recognized the lady and It was wonderful.I saw that girl again as a bride on kriti’s page.It was a big change but a good change.So then and there i decided to book her for my wedding.

Renu August 1, 2013 at 12:56 am

hi mehak,
your blog is amazing… plz do let me know of good MUA’s in delhi who can handle south indian bridal makeup with ease… i have a wheatish brown complexion, so am worried with how my make up wud go (nervous to the core actually )… i want a natural look for my wedding. Can you help me plz. My engagement is in october and wedding in March. As i read from above posts, about the Chandni, Shalini, Vidya, Anu kaushik .. m confused. i did check their profile and it looks fab.. What i am concerned with is whether they are good with Dark complexion bridal make up.. i dont wanna look like a mannequin :( ..
I did check out personally LAkme Absolut, for their airbrush makeup.. any reviews on them anyone?

Mehak, waiting for your reply :)

regards
renu

mehak August 1, 2013 at 9:49 am

Hi Renu,
For darker skintones i definitely recommend Vida Tikari herself (her own self not her senior/junior makeup artists)..She is very good with dusky complexions!

Alka August 4, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hi Mehak,
My daughter is getting married on 18th november. Can you suggest a good make-up artist who would be willing to go outstaion from Delhi?

Payal August 5, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Hi Everyone
First of all I want to thank Mehek for this blog. This blog is amazing! I am soo impressed as it is so helpful , especially for someone who is getting married in Delhi and is out of Delhi.
I am getting married in Feb 2014 and I would really appreciate if you could all help me with the following:
Make-up artist,
Mehandi lady and
the best shops to buy Lehenga for wedding, reception and shagun.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Kanika August 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Hi mehak,

Can you please suggest any good makeup artist in Chandigarh. Not too much bling but subtle makeup. I’m getting married in December and need to finalize soon. So appreciate your help.Thanks

sunidhi August 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Hi Kanika,

I am also getting my makeup done for Oct in Chandigarh. Cleopatra has rave reviews from alot of my friends.
They have outlets in Sec 43, Sec 8 Chandigarh and Sec 9 Panchkula.

You can try them out.

BombayGirl August 12, 2013 at 5:48 am

Hi all,

I don’t have much idea about Delhi (and makeup in general), and my wedding will be in Noida. I was googling for hair & make-up artists in Delhi NCR and I came this website.

I’m looking for a subtle, elegant makeup under 10k and a basic hairstyle that sustains over several hours. Also, I would like the person to come to the venue to do the makeup & hair. After seeing the various artiste’s websites and their charges, it seems that my best bet is to book a junior or senior artiste who works for someone reputed.

Do you ladies have any suggestions / recommendations?
Looking forward to your comments. Thanks in advance!

mehak August 12, 2013 at 8:47 am

HI Bombay Girl – check out simran kalras facebook page she is quite affordable

BombayGirl August 12, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Thanks, Mehak! I looked up her FB page and some of her stuff looks nice. I contacted her.

mala August 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm

hey bombay girl ,
why dont u try shallu chandla from noida ,excellent in her work see her work at http://www.shalluchandla.in

lon August 15, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Hi
please can you suggest me some nice makeup artist in Noida/Delhi. I have had a look onto few as recommended above but its so hard to decide as I am not from Delhi.
Do you all have any suggestions/recommendations?
Thanks for your help.

tanya August 16, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I would recommend shalini singh of style studio her work is just awesome she does brilliant work i suggest you could try her once …

saryu August 18, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Hi
I am getting married in goa this year. Looking for a makeup artist based in goa if you could recommend anyone… I am having difficulty finding one based in goa.

Saryu

Priya August 19, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Hi Mehak
Ur blog seems to b d place for every would be bride…im looking for a make up artist in meerut ( 2-3 hrs drive from delhi). im looking for somone who is not flashy and is subtle yet charming and fits in budet of 20 k.
Plz help…:)

Tx
Priya

Deepshikha August 20, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Hi Mehak,

I am from Noida and my wedding is near..I dont want very shiny,whitish or glittery makeup on wedding day..I like subtle makeup(more like an elegant party makeup)…please suggest me makeup artist in noida only so that I can visit his/her salon.

wp plugin sales August 23, 2013 at 12:39 am

Extraordinary things listed here. I’m quite content to take a look this post. Many thanks with this particular looking to touching you. Can you be sure to lower me a snail mail?

Deepshikha August 23, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Hi Mehak,

Can you suggest me…i need to book and need ur advice…still waiting for your reply.

Lon August 30, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Hi Everyone
I am getting married in Feb2014. I am currently out of India do you all think will it be ok if I do my shopping in last week of December? I am getting nervous if I will be able to get my Lehangas done in time. Please help!! Xx

thedelhibride August 31, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Anyone knows how Plum Gurgaon is for bridal makeup?

deepshikha September 1, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Hi mehak,
I m still waiting for ur precious advice…plz let me knw asap…..

ayushi September 3, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Hi girls,

Can you please suggest me like which place is best for makeup , Plum in gk2 or Alpes in preetvihar.
As i need to get my bridal makeup. As i had never tried makeup on my face much , so i m bit worried and confused.
Please suggest me asap, as i need to book either of the two only, due to the venue constraint.

thanks in advance..!!! :)

Ashima Suri September 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Deepshikha why don’t you try out Looks Salon. I have heard that their make up is pretty good. You can also check out Anjum Bharadwaj who is based in Noida. Her make up is quite subtle and not exorbitantly priced too. She does trials too! You can check out her work at http://www.anjumbhardwaj.com/#/about/bio
Apart from this there are many make up artists who travel to the venue. You can browse through this post for options. I have finalised my make up artists based on Mehak’s recommendations in this post!

Deepshikha September 28, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Thanks Anshima, I have taken trials on Looks sec18 and lakme sec 18…i found both of them are good…now confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mehak help plz

Deepshikha September 28, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Thanks Ashima, I have taken trials on Looks sec18 and lakme sec 18…i found both of them are good…now confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mehak help plz

ayushi September 3, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Hi girls,
Do let me know the reviews of Rciha and shanu from About faces, as they travel to the venue also .

So any idea , hows there work ..!!!

Please reply, as its urgent..!!!!

ayushi September 3, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Mehak ,
Could you please suggest me the best amongst Susan from Plum or Shalu from about faces.
As i had seen both artist work in the photographs , which will by default be good, as those are photo’s :)

I m really very much confused :( , had already booked with alpes but cancelled it ..:(

thanks in advance…!!!!

Simran September 4, 2013 at 12:15 am

Hi Mehak,

Firstly i found your blog quite helpful, as im quite naive when it came to make up and the known people in this field. I would love if you can suggest me a good MUA who is willing to travel to the venue, on GT karnal road. I met chandani loved her and her work, but she doesnt travel to the venue any more. so hlep in this regard would be great.

Jaya September 12, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Hey Simran,

Why dont you try for Michelle Montes , Aakriti Kochar , Deepti, etc. They all offer on location services.

Priya September 4, 2013 at 12:34 am

Hi
Im still looking for MUA who is willing to travel to meerut in nov, since its a wedding month almost everybody is either booked or not willing to travel, plz help as i need to book one urgently.

Tx

ayushi September 4, 2013 at 10:55 am

Hi Priya,

you can check with Shallu and Richa, as they travel across india ..!!

Ruchi September 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Hi,

I live in Indrapuram near Noida-Ghaziabad. Could you please suggest any good makeup artist.

Ruchi

Astha Pasricha September 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Hi to all you wonderful women around

I am very new to this blog and I must say its very very informative.. so kudos!
My wedding is this december and I wish to seek a little help – Can anyone suggest a good makep studio / freelance artist in Gurgaon area ?
I have been looking around but havent been able to makeup my mind for anyone :(

Cheers

Ashima Suri September 30, 2013 at 10:01 am

Supriti Batra is based in Gurgaon and she travels to the location as well! I have seen her online portfolio and it was very impressive! You can reach out to her at batra.supriti@gmail.com

Akansha September 9, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Hi ladies.. can any1 plz suggest me a good bridal makeup artist near vaishali metro station?

Thanks!
Akansha

Ashima September 30, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Hi Akanksha,

You might have to go with someone who is willing to travel to the location. I have done a lot of R&D but haven’t found anyone in Ghaziabad! What is your budget like?

Akansha September 30, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Hi Ashima,

Thanks for ur response. Anything between 15-20K is fine with me. You can tell me MUA in Noida too.

Ashima September 30, 2013 at 2:43 pm

You should definitely try out Looks Salon in Noida sector 18! I have heard that they are really good! Aakriti Kochar also charges 15-20k for bridal makeup and she is great too!

monika September 12, 2013 at 12:56 pm

HI, can you suggest me best parlor for Bridal Make up in Sahadara or Nandnagri Side.

with regards
Monika

Jyoti September 12, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me some good bridal makeups in punjab or who can travel to punjab.

Thanks.
:) :(

Aarushi September 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hey Ladies,

I’m getting married in Nov’13 and desperately looking for a MUA. I wanted Aakriti Kochhar for my wedding but since she is already occupied on that day, she is suggesting her senior make-up artist. So I wanted to check with you all– do you have any idea of how good her senior artists are? Do they also follow her subtle contemporary style?

Please help!

Thanks!

mona November 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Hii Arushi,
Contact for Exclusive Bridal Makeover for all over INDIA at 9650867080 or visit http://www.poonamrawat.com
Love & Regards

Tina September 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Hi,

I am getting married in April 2014. I know it is a lil too early to start looking out for an MUA but this is biggest concern area I have. With so many artists, veterans and freelancers it is becoming difficult to choose one from. I want my MUA to travel to the location (within delhi)and my budget is between 15-20 k. I have heard of a few names like Urvashi, Simran Kalra and Puja Taluja…. any feedback on these names??
Also, which according to you is a better makeup technique- Airbrush or regular? As airbrushing is becoming popular by the day, is there a lot of difference in the final finish(look and feel)

Sheetal Malhotra September 30, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Simply shut your eyes and book Chandni Singh . She is in New Friends colony with a salon so beautiful & staff so attentive. Travelling the distance to look great on your d day should not be a problem ladies. I have become a regular with her senior/junior artists as well on days i do not wish to splurge. Its amazing how well she has trained them too.

Aarushi September 30, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Hi Sheetal,
Any specific name of a senior artist you can recommend who is excellent at her job? Since my wedding is outside Del/NCR, Chandni Singh is not available..hoping for her senior artist who can transform me into a princess! ;)

Thank you!

Ashima October 3, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Hi,

Can someone please suggest me make up artists in Bombay? I am looking for someone to do very light reception make up! Have spoken to a few mentioned in the comments on this blog and also MUAs of the Mumbai brides in the Real Brides Section. Recinda Martis was def my top choice, but she is unfortunately booked on that particular day.

Any other recommendations please? My budget is around 8-10k!

Thanks,
Ashima

Anjali October 3, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Hi,
My wedding date is 23rd January 2014, My wedding venue is near pitampura and shalimar bagh . I want someone with trendy hair styles and air brush make up and ready to come to either of the mentioned area. Please contact asap!
Anjali

mona November 6, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Hii Anjali,
Love & Regards

Pallavi Singh October 4, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Hi Mehak,

I have been researching a lot about make up artist and finally I landed on your website. No doubt your website is quite resourceful. I must say fabulous work done !!!. I basically live in Kanpur and getting married in Kanpur only. Thanks to your articles, I was able to sort out for my lehenga but now I am stuck for make up artist. I need someone who uses neutral shades and does quite natural makeup. Plus I want somebody who can flew down to kanpur . I really need help for sorting out this problem. I am ready to bear the travelling cost but I really want a very good make up artist and of my taste. I have bit dusky complexion. Please Please help me out. I have very less time left. I am getting married in Jan end 2014.

Regards
Pallavi

Sarita October 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Hi Mehak,

Could you please suggest any gud MUA in ghaziabad. I have heard that Look noida sec 18 is good. What you suggest. Also, do you have any idea about Lakme Salon in Vaishali Sector-5 Ghaziabad.

My wedding is in Dec. Please suggest..

Waiting for your response. All girls please help..

Sarita Rawat

Ashima October 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Sarita, I think the Lakme Salon in Vaishali has shut down. A new salon called Naturals has come in it’s place. You can double check!
Looks in Noida is very good. You can also look at the options of getting someone to come on the location to do your make up. You will get tons of options if you go through the comments on this thread!
Cheers!

sarita October 9, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Thanks a lot Ashima!!!

Ashika October 9, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Hi,

I have been following your blog for quite some time. I have a budget of 15K for my bridal makeup. Really cant afford Chandni/Shalini Singh. I wanted to go for AirBrush Makeup and did a check with Lakme and Looks Salon. They didn’t impress me much. Then I finally hopped on to Ashmeen Munjal and Ambika Pillai (South Ex) where I can get a Senior Artist to do my makeup within my budget.

So what do you say, Ashmeen or Ambika.

Megha October 10, 2013 at 4:06 am

i am looking for good bridal artist in delhi for my weeding.Please any one help me out

reema October 18, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Hi,

Im looking for a MUA who can do my reception makeup at the venue within 15k. Any suggestions?

reema October 20, 2013 at 10:46 am

Has any one tries senior artist Chavi at Ambika Pillai’s salon? Any reviews?

Gauri October 22, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I would recommend Susan from PLUM Salon,GK . She really does an amazing job and I was very much satisfied with her work during my Wedding last year in December . And she is one of the more affordable ones in Delhi .

Astha October 23, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I got my make-up & hair done from Chandni Singh for my engagement & wedding in May 2013. And mark my words, she made me look fabulous and stunning on both the days. Being the bride I was definitely at the center of attention but her artistry made sure that nobody could take their eyes off me.
When I was searching for a make-up artist in Delhi on the internet, I found her website. I saw a few pictures of her work on her website, called her up to fix an appointment for a trial and when I met her, I knew she was ‘it’ without even taking a trial. I did not check with any other make-up artists in delhi after my meeting with her. She heard me out completely and I booked her then & there.
She is one talented artist. She is very sweet, friendly & cooperative. She doesn’t make an attempt to hide anyone’s beauty behind heaps of make-up. In fact, she brings out one’s beauty with her make-up which not many artists can do.

I have seen the work of many make-up artists and somehow they make a bride look like a ‘Rangoli’ on her wedding day. But Chandni is class apart. Her make-up is subtle & elegant. The hairstyles she does always always suit the bride’s face & goes with her attire.
The number of compliments I received on both the days made my skin glow even more on my special days. :)
After getting make-up done from her, I am never going to any other artist for any occasion. That’s for sure!

Garima Bansal October 23, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Hey Everyone,

I read Mehek’s blog and tried Vidya Tikari for my Roka, Shalini Singh for Sagan and Chandni Singh for Wedding function(s). I was little let down by Shalini’s work. I felt I was looking much more pretty on my other two functions. Chandni and Vidya did great work and I was happy with my make up done by them. Chandni has a more a subtle style and she provides a very personalized attention. She understands what you are looking out for and works accordingly. The problem with this is that many times we may not know what may look best on us. After all we are not used to looking bridal :). So if you know what exactly you are looking out for definitely go for Chandni. Vidya and her Assistants follow a more typical approach where in you are provided with catalogs/magazines to choose hair styles, hair accessories, bindis, hair wash etc.. One may also get lucky but getting a hair style change if you are not happy with the one that is already done. I never took any make up trials so I didn’t had much idea what look I exactly wanted so if that is the case then may be one can try a more typical (factory like, as someone said) for a smaller function and then go for a more sophisticated/personalized make up artist subsequently.

bhawna October 28, 2013 at 12:01 am

Hi mehak,

This blog is flooded with information … i was so confused between a few name but finally decided to go for chandni singh for D day.Hope everything will be perfect as i want.But after spending so much on the bridal,i want to find someone who fits within budget of 10k for my engagement makeup.

I need your suggestion. makeup has to be sublte and elegant.

sangeeta October 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Great website. Met Shallu Chandla through this and really happy with the experience. I was looking for somebody to do my makeup for the most important day of my life. I could not believe the way the entire experienced turned out to be. I knew I will look nice on the D day but the way she transformed me was amazing. Not only people appreciated me ……which anybody would do to a bride to make her feel nice but when they were checking on who has done the makeup I could make out they are honest in their opinion. Thanks Shallu.
Checkout her work on http://www.shalluchandla.in

Shruti Bhatia November 6, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Great website. Though, the information provided here didn’t do any good to me. I hired Chandni singh for my wedding which was held on Oct.2013. She shattered my dream of looking Fab on my D’Day. She made me cakey and all my natural features went away. I was looking completely different of what i am.

My memorable moment got ruined bcoz i followed others opinion. So, i would suggest every to-be-bride to experience yourself rather than chasing the world.

Chandni Singh February 23, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Hi there. WELL I have gone through my list time & again of all the brides/ clients i got dressed in october & your name, Shruti Bhatia, does not figure anywhere. This is a fake review. I challenge her to present images of the same. ms Bhatia incase you thought I would be clueless about you, pls note I handle my appointment diary myself & speak to all clients personally.

mehak February 23, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Thanks Chandni . Im deleting that review

bhawna November 7, 2013 at 11:36 pm

OMG! shruti you must be highly disappointed,now i m freaking out .. how its gona be i have booked chandni singh for my D’day ……… how to decide and no way to back out whom to opt for .. such a dilemma …:-( :-/

mehak November 8, 2013 at 10:28 am

HI Bhawna,
Dont worry and relax. Chandni does a good job.

jeevika November 8, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Any review about Kajal Sharma makeup artist from Delhi…i m gonna book her for my wedding..plzz help..its urgent..i vil b very grateful..

Pragati November 13, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Hi Mehak/All

I need someone for engagement/wedding makeup for Feb 14. The event will be in Jaipur therefore I am struggling to find some one there. My budget is around 20k for each function so its also difficult to find some one who is willing to travel.

Any ideas? I am looking for someone who can really focus on the eyesm give me an arabic style look with the flick. The issue is finding someone who does it very neatly. I want the rest of my face to look very natural and radiant.

Pragati

mehak November 13, 2013 at 5:59 pm
Sherr November 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Hi Mehak!
Congratulations (belated) on your wedding and this amazing blog!! I love it !! This blog might just save me from becoming a BrideZilla hahah! :P My engagement ceremony is in Jan and I have been trying to finalize a makeup artist.. (I don’t live in India -but I used to).
I went through the extensive list of all these artists..and I can’t seem to pick one. I actually like KritiDs’s work (pictures). Does anyone here have any reviews what so ever?

She recently even won an award for Best creativity in Bridal makeup category from Karishma Kapoor.

Also, some of you mentioned that she travels to the location.. are you sure about that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton gorgeous ladies :D :D !!

Sherr December 10, 2013 at 11:48 pm

well well .. anyone? :(

pia gulati December 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hi,

My wedding was in November.
I really loved her makeup.Her most impressive thing is that she quickly gets what you try to say.
And she just have onething to say,Let me do it and i am sure you will love it.
and that is what i love.
My husband was stunned !
All my cousins have booked her for their weddings!

Sherr December 18, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Hey Pia!
Thanks for replying :) ! I have booked for my engagement so far (wedding is later next year). I am really looking forward to meeting her. She is very creative with her style.

Thanks :D

bhawna December 20, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Hello everyone

Its a wonderful platform to take care of all your queries related to your wedding day look.My wedding was on 12 th december … it helped me in finding the best.For everyone who is still on with their search and if you are in delhi /ncr then dont think about distance from the venue n all … just go n book chandni singh for the D day … she is simply the best … if you know what you want or even if you dont, she understand your personality type n taste n does it accordingly … for me it was awsome,she made the day special…. go for it girls. All the best :)

neha December 22, 2013 at 1:01 pm

pls dont go to aashmeen munjal …i got my bridal done there n i felt she is so full if attitude that she dont even bother any body also i booked her 2 months prior when bridal makeup cost was 15000 And after that she revised to 21000 and have not done my makeup on my marriage day …so then my make up was done by senior artist…

Anju sehrawat December 28, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Hii PRAGATI,
And Everyone..:-)

Here I am sharing my experience with you as I am not from Delhi and I was looking for a makeup Artist who can travel to my Wedding venue at Jaipur. I booked Poonam Rawat for my Engagement function by leads I found here only. though It was risk to block someone like this but by the Grace of GOD I am lucky and found AMAZINNGG Result by her. I am thankful to mehak as well who create this wonderful blog to help people who are particulate about their Bridal Look. Thank you Poonam :-) I would like to take your services again in my wedding too.

Adya Shekhar December 29, 2013 at 11:17 am

I think there are already quite a few good reviews about Chandni Singh here & mine is another positive feedback. Totally loved my bridal session with her. I have a problem skin like a really dark forehead & lip area & I think she covered it brilliantly. Another thing that totally got me is her punctuality,I was a morning bride & she was there dot 6am. Her salon was impressive, big ,clean & an extremely attentive staff.

TANNU January 2, 2014 at 3:24 pm

HI ,
I want o know about delhi makeup artist im getting marry in feb 2014 last tym i had taken makeup from lakme salon but i was not satisfied lakme salon makeup is worst .can u tell m gud makeup artist n salon in delhi near by vikaspuri n janakpuri
THANKS

Soni January 10, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Hi Mehak,

Loved you blog! so informative.

For LUCKNOW – I need Make up & hair artist details and along with a good photographer (if any).. have been doing loads of research but no avail! will be grateful :)

Thanks! Love!

Swati January 14, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Has anyone tried anjum Bharadwaj. How is she? I mean is her make up too subtle.
Please let me know if there is anyone who has hired her for their wedding.

Thanks,

Hansika Koli January 29, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Hi ,

Had a wonderful experience with about faces (which is not really expensive when it comes to bridal ) but the best part is about their dedication and worth of money speciallly for that BIG DAY , i got married dec 2013 and yes they really made it one of the INDEED best looks , they make up lasted for good 10 hours or more , you could reach out to Shanu : 09999688503 , or richa @9811728585 atleast i can assure they are better than any of the salons in delhi and best part is they come home and do it and not a rush rush things with other brands in the market

azra February 18, 2014 at 3:56 pm

hi mehak, i came across this super cool makeup artist through a friend of mine. she is freelancer and travels for her bookings in places nearby delhi as well.she has done her makeup course from London.i would highly recommend you to check her page.

mehak February 18, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Thanks azra
let me go through her work !

sugandhi February 24, 2014 at 9:23 pm

hey ,

please recommend me good make up artist.. My wedding is in april …

Im confused whom to choose for – meendakshi dutt , vidya tikari or shalini ????

Please suggest me asap…

Simmi Malhi March 8, 2014 at 10:46 am

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thankyou for updating all the info…this blog is really beneficial for ppl looking for best MUA.
I just got married on 14th Feb, i booked Shallu Chandla (got lead from this blog) for my wedding & pre-wedding functions, she did absolutely FABULOUS job…she made me look stunning yet natural. she understand your needs & does her work accordingly, she is sweet, friendly and provides 100% personal attention. I got countless compliments for my makeup & hairstyle that she did. I would recommend Shallu to all who are looking for elegant & natural makeup. She is very reasonable and comes to your venue….. I just loved her work, would never go to any other MUA.

shilpa March 20, 2014 at 5:04 am

HI simmi,

how much amt was charged by Shallu Chandla for bridal , pre wedding & party make up.

thnxx

shef April 6, 2014 at 11:46 pm

hi… i would be obliged if u could tell about makeup artists in chandigarh for bridal makeup .. like that of chandni singh from delhi :) thanks

Namita Gupta April 14, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Hi Ladies,
I thot choosing the lehenga wud b the toughest job but I guess choosing the right mua is a tougher but to crack.
To start with I have a July wedding(not the best of the seasons with the moisture and the heat) and I have a dark complexion. So make up is a real worry for me.
Can u please suggest someone in the budget of 10-15k for bridal… N any freedback on looks v3s mall ..thats the one I m inching Towards fr nw.

Looking forward to ur help :)

mehak April 14, 2014 at 11:43 pm