I feel like throwing a monkey at someone as I write this. I am super annoyed *grumpy face*. I want to get my bridal makeup done by one of these makeup artists below and since my functions happen in Hyderabad and not in my awesome hometown of Delhi, that’s not possible .*Huff*. Still, since I am a sweet heart (NOT), I thought i shall put together a list for brides to be who are getting married in this city! I have tried to show some of the best people for their price range (Starting at 8000 going up to 40,000). These are people who do subtle, non Christmas tree type of makeup. A list for the same is below :
For those willing to spend more than Rs 30,000 per function on Bridal Makeup :-
Makeup – Jasmeet Kapany, Photography – Through the Barrel
- Jasmeet Kapany Hair & Makeup – If you want to look effortlessly beautiful with makeup that subtly enhances your features, Jasmeet Kapany is the one you should go to. Based in Gurgaon, she’s extremely talented and works to show off your best features.
- Komal Gulati – If you are a bride with an international frame of mind, then Komal Gulati is perfect. I love that the way she does bridal is not in the traditional Indian way. You wont see matchy eyeshadow, but just gorgeous natural neutral shades that look good on your skin no matter what you are wearing- an evening gown or a heavy lehenga. LOVE. Totally Recommend. Take a look at her website photos and you’ll know what I’m talking about
- Shruti Sharma – Shruti’s flawless base as well as her ability to make her brides look innately Indian but still with a contemporary feel is just amazing ! I love her work, and me being a non red lips person I adore how she uses oranges , corals and pinks on most of her brides. Polished, contemporary but still bridal is Shruti’s forte. Shruti offers paid trials, airbrush makeup services and also travels to the venue.
Makeup – Aakriti Kochar
- Aakriti Kochar Bridal Makeup – Another well known name in the business, her style of makeup is very contemporary. She understands that new-age brides don’t want over the top makeup looks and successfully adds glow to the skin without going overboard.
- Chandni Singh Bridal Makeup – Chandni Singh is a hugely talented makeup artist who shies away from loud bridal makeup. All of her brides look stunningly prettier without the excessive color on their faces that other makeup artists can do. She styles hair too and if you go through her website you will realize why she’s considered one of the best makeup artists in Delhi: subtle and understated but still bridal. You will definitely look like a better version of yourself with Chandni Singh.
Makeup – Shalini Singh, Photography – Cimmaron Singh
- Shalini Singh from Style Studio – After seeing two of my closest friends on their engagement, my immediate reaction was: Where is your makeup from?? They looked glowing, and radiant but still very much like themselves- playing up their best features and looking totally gorgeous, yet understated. Both of them answered- Shalini Singh and once i went to her website I realized she has been around since 2001 and has done a lot of work for celebrities, for brides, and for magazines. Take a look at her bridal portfolio- that’s exactly the kind of bride I want to be!
For those willing to spend more than Rs 20,000 per function on Bridal Makeup :-
- Pooja & Misha – There is magic in their fingers ! Both Pooja & Misha have studied in London and bring to the table their extensive knowledge and an eye for detail. Their USP is that they create westernized looks that are stylish and ethereal.
- Deepti Khaitan – Every bride is different and Deepti’s work reflects just that. She tries to understand her client’s thoughts and works to highlight their best features. If you don’t want to go over to her studio in Gurgaon, she’ll happily come to you and work her magic at the wedding venue.
Makeup – Simran Kalra
- Makeup by Simran Kalra – For the price she charges, Simran Kalra is a superstar ! She is so versatile in giving different kinds of looks and she totally understands the meaning of a bride looking elegant and polished and not made up! Huge fan of her work and once you take one look at her profile you will know why she made it to our list.
Price: 20,000 for engagement.
- Avantika Kapur – A name recently discovered, has been trained under Chandni Singh and her brides glow like light bulbs ! We loved her work so much we added her to our own wedding professional showcase. Proficient in airbrush makeup techniques, she also offers paid trials and travels to the venue.
For those willing to spend between Rs 10-20k per function on Bridal Makeup :-
- Anjie Gogna Makeup – If Anjie is doing your bridal makeup, you are in safe hands. She is experienced, creative and well versed in traditional, high definition as well as air brush makeup techniques. The one thing common between all the brides she’s dolled up – all of them look radiant and flawless.
Makeup – Sakshi Sagar
- Sakshi Sagar – A new one on the scene and Sakshi Sagar is definitely one of the better ones out there. She uses mostly gold tones and has a signature winged eye, however have a conversation with her and explain your preferences so she can accommodate.
Price: 20,000 for engagement.
- Tejasvini Chander – Tejasvini is a young girl who I think has a super bright future! Her work is subtle, and polished and I love the fresh pink tones she uses on her brides!!! Brides-to-be can avail her paid trial and airbrush makeup services and yes, she also travels to the venue to doll brides up.
Price: Approx 17k on engagement and more expensive for bridal
Other Well known names :-
- Anu Kaushik – If you want to look like a bride thats just completely effortlessly natural, but oh so pretty in a bridal glowing way, then Anu Kaushik is absolutely genius. I feel like her work is much better in person than what you see on the site, and having seen 3 Anu Kaushik Brides, i can say that she is totally worth it ! Subtle, but still bride-worthy- AND honestly she is worth every penny that she charges
Website: www.anukaushik.com (Price range very expensive)
- Vidya Tikari – She has been around for a while and for good reason. She creates delicate, stunning looks and has worked on many Bollywood celebrities. Vidya offers free trials and would be more than happy to travel to the venue. She’s also well versed in Airbrush makeup techniques.
A complete vendor list of Delhi makeup artists in one place along with their work can be seen on my new website called Wed Me Good.
Looking for one in Chandigarh ?? Check out our list here
You can now book a party makeup package for your family through Wed Me Good.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.