Best bridal makeup artists in Delhi
I feel like throwing a monkey at someone as i write this. I am super annoyed *grumpy face* . I want to get my bridal makeup done by one of these makeup artists below and since my functions happen in hyderabad and not in my awesome hometown of Delhi, thats not possible .*Huff*. Still, since i am a sweet heart (NOT), i thought i shall put together a list for brides to be who are getting married in this city!
EDIT: This post was written in 2011. I decided to put all my favourite makeup artists as of 2013 in one place along with their work on my new website called wedmegood.com I have tried to show some of the best people for their price range (Starting at 8000 going upto 30,000). These are people who do subtle, non christmas tree type of makeup.A list for the same is below
For those willing to spend more than Rs 20,000 per function on Bridal Makeup:
- Chandni singh Bridal Makeup Chandni singh is a hugely talented makeup artist who shies away from loud bridal makeup. All of her brides look stunningly prettier without the excessive color on their faces that other makeup artists can do. She styles hair too and if you go through her website you will realise why she’s considered one of the best makeup artists in delhi: subtle and understated but still bridal. You will definitely look like a better version of yourself with Chandni Singh.
- Komal Gulati: If you are a bride with an international frame of mind, then Komal Gulati is perfect. I love that the way she does bridal is not in the traditional indian way. You wont see matchy eyeshadow, but just gorgeous natural neutral shades that look good on your skin no matter what you are wearing- an evening gown or a heavy lehenga. LOVE. Totally Recommend. Take a look at her website photos and yll know what im talking about
- Vidya Tikari: She was the artist of choice at two of my other close friends weddings and they made stunning brides !! I think Vidya Tikari brides are a good blend of light , subtle washes of color but still looking dressy enough for weddings. If you want a flawless look, ask for Vidya herself and not her assistants, whoa re good too but Vidya is truly a class apart. She also is very receptive to client suggestions, and you can definitely tell her the kind of bride you want to be and she can help you turn that into reality.
Website for makeup photos:http://www.vidyatikari.in/
- Anu Kaushik If you want to look like a bride thats just completely effortlessly natural, but oh so pretty in a bridal glowing way, then Anu Kaushik is absolutely genius. I feel like her work is much better in person than what you see on the site, and having seen 3 Anu Kaushik Brides, i can say that she is totally worth it ! Subtle, but still bride-worthy- AND honestly she is worth every penny that she charges
- Shalini Singh from Style Studio
After seeing two of my closest friends on their engagement, my immediate reaction was: Where is your makeup from?? They looked glowing, and radiant but still very much like themselves- playing up their best features and looking totally gorgeous, yet understated. Both of them answered- Shalini Singh and once i went to her website i realised she has been around since 2001 and has done a lot of work for celebrities, for brides, and for magazines. Take a look at her bridal portfolio- thats exactly the kind of bride i want to be!
Price: Rs 20,000 for Bridal. Lesser charges for subsequent functions
See her work on my new wedding blog: Shalini Singh
- Shruti Sharma
Shruti’s flawless base as well as her ability to make her brides look innately Indian but still with a contemporary feel is just amazing ! I love her work, and me being a non red lips person I adore how she uses oranges , corals and pinks on most of her brides. Polished, contemporary but stil bridal is shruti’s forte
See her work on my wedding blog: Shruti Sharma Bridal Makeup
Price : Approx 15k on engagement and more expensive for bridal
- Simran Kalra Makeup
For the price she charges, Simran Kalra is a superstar ! She is so versatile in giving different kinds of looks and she totally understands the meaning of a bride looking elegant and polished and not made up! Huge fan of her work and once you take one look at her profile you will know why she made it to our list.
See her work on my new blog: Simran Kalra
- Sakshi Sagar
A new one on the scene and Sakshi Sagar is definitely one of the better ones out there. She uses mostly gold tones and has a signature winged eye, however have a conversation with her and explain your preferences so she can accomodate
- Avantika Kapur
A name recently discovered, has been trained under Chandni SIngh and her brides glow like lightbulbs ! We loved her work so much we added her to our own wedding professional showcase.
Price: between 15k-19k
See her work on my new blog: Avantika Kapur
- Tejasvini Chander
Tejasvini is a young girl who I think has a super bright future! Her work is subtle, and polished and I love the fresh pink tones she uses on her brides!!!
Price: between 14-19k
See her work facebook: Tejasvini Chander
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!