Bridal Trousseau Shopping in Delhi : Sarees & Suits

by mehak on December 30, 2011

in Bridal Blog, Bridal fashion, Bridal shopping, Shoppin in Delhi

Okay , so i know all you non brides would be yawning and clucking your toungues about the fact that my Blog is turning into a Bride Zilla itself, but i really need to get this post out of the way!  This is the time when tons of people come to delhi and then head to the malls to buy their Bridal Trousseau- which is a total blashphemy!! Someone really needs to tell them where to get the best Sarees and Suits for your Trousseau from! So i promise, i wont bore you too much with too many future bridal posts (i have only about 2 more planned), and it will be back to regular makeup madness as usual!

Charming Store

There are tons more places in Delhi than the ones mentioned below. If you are an NRI, and would like to purchase somethng from Delhi, get something custom made from India, or simply need some help in shopping if you are coming down to  Delhi then check out my personalied bridal shopping service here: . Alternatively, contact me at peachesandblush(at) gmail(dot) com to know more! We have a list of 300 vendors to help you out !

• Charming: I have atleast 5 of my 8 trousseau sarees from a shop called Charming. It is located in 2 malls- one in Ambience Mall, Gurgaon and one in DLF Place Saket. Remember the blush  pink and silver saree i wore here – that was from Charming and i got in Sale for a very very good deal of just 7000 Rs/-. The best thing about charming is the variety and work they have is amazing. Lehenga sarees, swarovski sarees, net sarees (I wear only net by the way), traditional gotta patti work, cut work borders. Its all there. The heavy sarees will on an average set you back about 12-15 grand and can go up to about 40K  if you want a VERY heavy saree. Do visit during their sale- they have amazing discounts on!

• Greenways, South Ex: Greenways is a tiny little shop in South Extension. I cant really explain where it is except that you will have to go behind the market and climb a narrow staircase. I go to greenways twice a year when i see their sale advert in the papers. Remember my green and pink saree with the inbuilt jewelled belt- that was Greenways for about 13000/- . I also got two other sarees from there , and the saree my mom is wearing on my wedding (gorgeoussss cream , gold, and red net) is also from there! Range is similar to frontier- heavy sarees around 15000, very heavy ones around 30K  but obviously lighter ones will be cheaper.

Meena Bazaar Saree
  • Meena Bazaar : Meena Bazaar is a really old shop in Delhi and you will find it pretty much everywhere- in every single mall. The collections they stock vary from shop to shop, and sometimes they stock the most amazing outfits, while other times its a bit of a downer. Its still definitely very much worth a dekko- iv picked up lots of really unique pieces from here.

• Exhibitions: Once again, you MUST go to Bridal Asia and Vivaha exhibitions (and Jalsa too if you have the time). Tons and tons of small time designers flock there and you will definitely find something good here. Even if not , you will come back with tons of visiting cards and you can always fix appointments with them later.

• Frontier Raas, South Ex : Frontier in South Ex is simply a must visit shop if you are a bride . Period. The entire ground floor is dedicated to sarees, and they have some stunning pieces. Once again, go during sale time they have heavy discounts. Also if you are buying 2-3 things, definitely bargain with them they will relent. Prices are similar to Charming and Greenways. They also have a seperate section for salwar kameez’es which is pretty nice too, but its not extra special.

• L’affair- GK: Definitely an expensive shop, but a timeless one. The pieces at L’affair generally draw inspiration from traditional indian textiles- a lot of ikat weaves and all that old time glamour. This is a nice place to go not just for older women int he family, but if you want a timeless classic in your wardrobe which is one of a kind- which you wont find anywhere else. They have the ability to make traditional sarees still look very modern which is great. It is on the expensive side- most sarees will set you back 20K atleast, but still worth a dekko!

• Hauz Khaz Village: HK Village is a little hub of lesser known designers with very iteresting designs all together in a quaint little shopping area. They are not cheap, but they arent exorbitant like high end designers either. You can get anything you want customised over here and get your hands on some very different pieces

• Anantam: Two shops in MGF Metropolitan Mall, Gurgaon that i never get bored of. Not cheap, but just gorgeous fabrics, some very pretty anarkalis and some interesting sarees. Definitely a must visit if you are in Gurgaon!

A Pallavi Jaikishan Lehenga Saree- MUST VISIT designer for Bridal
  • Designers at Emporio, Crescent , AZA and Gallery One: Three places you need to visit if you are brand conscious- EMporio , Crescent at the Qutab and Gallery One.Amongst the three, they house all the designers you can think of. Crescent has slightly lighter stuff than Emporio has which is very heavily bridal and Gallery One is a good mix of the two. AZA is a multi label boutique in all these malls with some gorgeous pieces

• Perfection House, South Ex: One of the old timers in Delhi, Perfection House is where  all my moms trousseau was from. Its slightly more reasonable than the others around, but you will have to hunt through all their designs to find a really unique piece. You will find one,  i have some very pretty sarees from here  but be patient. You might have to go through a lot of rubbish to find that.
Salwar Kameez from CTC
  • Others( Chandni Chowk, Karol Bagh): Chandni Chowk is a staple, you must always go and see the things there though i would recommend it more for your lehenga than your sarees.Ermmm, what else- Karol Bagh is another area with a TON of bridal saree shops. Its kind of far from where i stay so i dont end up going there often – but i know a lot of Delhi goes to KB to shop!

tashfia zaman February 20, 2012 at 12:21 am

Hey I was wondering when is sale season in delhi ? and once a piece is sold at frontier raas ( the piece that u tried on that was way too heavy and out of budget and is 2.5 lakhs) will they be able to customize it and remake it i tried contacting frontier so many times noone replies and picks up !!!

mehak February 20, 2012 at 4:53 am

Hey Tashfia- Sale season is on pretty much every 3 months but frontier goes on sale in around August-September and once before June…
Yes they remae and customise cant really buy it off the need to order it and make some changes if u wnt to!

Girija June 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Firstly, i want to say that i loved your website. Next, i want you to suggest me the best shops for designer suits (around 4-5 thousand) and lehenga (around 10-12 thousand) for my real brother’s wedding. I went to Frontier Raas and Frontier Bazar. I bought a saari for about Rs. 5000. Now, i need to buy 2 suits and 1 lehenga. I want to mention that i found Frontier Raas too costly. Please suggest.

anumeha July 17, 2012 at 5:20 pm

hi…congratulations..n i totally love ur site..m gettin married this nov and m totally clueless about the lehenga…plus m gettin married in a punjabi family n i m nt a punjabi i dn have a clue wot 2 purchase…for post wedding….pls help..thanks..

mehak July 17, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Thanks anumeha
Well, post wedding you will need a lot of suits (for dinners, yll gt invited to aton of dinners n yr expected to wear suits/sarees) but nothing else majprly. All the sops above r good for trousseau shopping!

kirti kaushik July 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm

hi mehak i came across ur blog when searching for lehenga n bridal saree shops, i must say ur blog is amazing n really helpful.
can i ask one question..
can i get a gud bridal lehenga with a lot of flare at frontier raas for 60-70k?

n hey congratss.. :)
wish u a very happy maried life ahead.. :)

mehak July 17, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Hi Kirti,
Yes you csannn!!!

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Hey ,
instead of buying a lehenga i would suggest to rent it out for your wedding.
we hav good collection call 9871472088

LR August 26, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Hi, can u put up pictures of the fabrics you picked from Lajpat nagar and what you managed to get made from them, will be most helpful. I have a distant cousin’s wedding coming up and typical punjabi wedding with 6 functions, do not want to spend more than Rs 4,000 per outfit.

Just came across your site few weeks ago, so belated congratulations on the wedding and wish you all the best ahead.

LR August 26, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Hi also can you please name the shops in Lajpat nagar where you picked the fabrics and borders from. I will be going from Gurgaon and do not want to waste time browsing too much as I will be leaving my little one alone at home with the maid. Thanks in advance for your help.

eva September 26, 2012 at 10:57 pm

hello friends i wish to say u all must try surya sarees chandni chowk for lenhga and sarees awesome collection in cheap range…

eva September 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm for more details u must visit the website ultimate collection
i buy many sarees for many ocassions and for my brother marriage also lenhga are also awesome ..if u guys need any help please mail me…

eva sharma September 26, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Surya House, No. 1420 – 21, Gali Kishan Dutt, Nai Sarak, Maliwara, Chandni Chowk
New Delhi, Delhi – 110 006

shivali September 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Hey Mehak,

First of all congos and may u have a wow life ahead!!
My engagement is scheduled for november this year and i want to wear a perfect outfir but i cant choose between saree lehnga and anarkali suit also want some big time advice for shopping outlets within a range of 30.I dont want to waer a complete 24 kali kinda lehnga for engagement as it wud look too much but dont want to go for fish tail too bcz i have a heavy bottom.Please suggest!!!!

Thanks already!!!

nazia October 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Hi All,

I am traveling to Delhi and mumbai for my wedding shopping in a few weeks.
All shopping tips are welcome as i will be buy loads of outfits sarees lahengas and salwar suits.

Nishtha February 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Hiii Mehak,,,I am liking your blog…I went to GK market to look for an engagement dress . I found a couple of studios quite good but they were very expensive….Can you please suggest me a place in delhi where I can get an unusual and different attires for anagement ceremony… I have a slim look and I want to look very different and pretty on my ring ceremony.

Tullika March 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Interesting blog and interesting comments….looking for a niche suit shopping place . Have only 2 days to pick 2-3 suits ….
please suggest ….dont want to be roaming around aimlessly in Dilli ka garmi…

Priti April 10, 2013 at 2:52 am

How much would a pallavi jaikishan bridal saree come to?

trish May 6, 2013 at 10:50 am

Mehak, i came across ur blog when searching for lehenga n bridal saree shops, i must say ur blog is amazing.

But the thing is i belong to Pune. Could you pleaseeeeeee suggeast some good shops in Pune for my bridal lehenge? My budget is 30k. Please help me out. I want 24 kali ka leheng for my wedding day.

Meetha Singh September 30, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Hi Mahek
Love your blog. I have gathered so much information. I’m from South Africa, will be in India in December. My son is getting married in May next year, I will be looking for shops to do shopping for myself, my husband and my son. I will also be needing some wedding items, can you suggest some shops, also trousseau wrapping ideas.

mehak September 30, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Hi Meetha,
You can take our shopping service:

Krishika January 13, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Hey mehak…
And hii ppl

Am residing in noida n have both read (above) heard a lott about chandani chowk and lajpat nagar market for wedding purchases…I have my best frnz wedding next month n den my brother wedding in April….can u please please please…lemme kno some shops is both the markets where I could find latest anarkali suits and lehangas (on rent) .
I need around 2-4 anarkali suits….
Also could u lemme kno if I could get some nice anarkali at frontier raas @ arnd 4-6 k

ashu chadha July 9, 2014 at 3:35 pm

dear mehak,
heard a lot about u .just wasnted to know can i get awedding lehnga in the range of 40 to 50k for my daughter and u customize it.

Kanishka August 26, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Even Satya Paul, Connaught Place has an awesome collection! That can also be one of the stops for trousseau collection. Totally worth it!

Misha February 9, 2016 at 7:53 pm

One nosey question ‘Just how many sarees do you have mehak?’ :P

namrata February 10, 2016 at 9:18 am

Mahek I came across your blog when searching for suits.I must say your blog is amazing..looking for a niche suit shopping place .please suggest me some good shops with reasonable price.