A week ago, my facebook status read “I feel like iv turned into a giant cinnamon bun’ but the boy made me take it down. He said it was silly, and i was giving other guys wrong ideas :p . Well i cant help it if boys have one track minds, i was only talking about skincare! While summer skincare is all about fruity and fresh for me, in winter i like turning into a human cinnamon bun! All warm, chocolatey and soft ! Here are some of the things keeping my cosy this winter!
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser: Might seem counter intuitive that someone with dry skin is using an ‘oil free’ cleanser, but i feel like this is the only cleanser that really takes every bit of grime off my face and leaves me with a squeeky clean feeling. It does leave my face feeling slightly dry and tight but because almost all other products in my routine moisturize my face, i can skip on the cleanser being overly moisturizing. I really feel this is the only face wash that really Deep Cleans, though if you do have dry skin and you do not have an efficient moisturizing routine down yet, dont use this in isolation- it might dry out your skin further
- Natures Co Coffee Face Scrub: Another paradise in a bottle that works as well as it smells heavenly. Made of only fresh coffee beans and coffee powder, not only is this a scrub that does its job, but it smells of rich, luscious cappucino and also moisturizes my skin leaving it feeling soft and pampered. Be careful though, im so addicted to how it smells that i randomly walk into my bathroom and open it up to smell it. Does that make my a scrub addict- help im snorting scrub!!
- Liz Earle Instant Skin Boost Toner: Im not a regular toner user, i use the Liz Earle one occasionally because its light and fresh, it doesnt lave a sticky feeling on my face if i just leave it on, and it does tighten pores slightly.
- Neutrogena Light Night Cream
- Ponds Active Moisture Moisturizer
The new kid on the block- Ponds Active Moisture is my day cream and so far, im loving using it! Its moisturizing but not heavy or greasy, so i think it will work with a lot of skin textures. In the mornings , my skin already feels moisturized because of the oil and night cream the night before, so in the morning somehting like Ponds Active Moisture is perfect- Nourishes and moisturizes my skin but doesn’t drown it in thick, rich emulsion. Love!
- Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock
Best. Sunblock. Ever.
For me there is a simple criteria of sunblocks- they should be like my body guards against the sun. I dont care about anything else. Neutrogena Dry touch is the kind of sunblock where i can just throw it on and then go and glare at the sun for a good three hours, and come back with no tan. (Okay i dont recommend you try that, but you get what i mean)
- Garnier Body Cocoon Lotion
Iv been using Garnier Body Cocoon forever now, and i think im slightly addicted to its fresh, fruity smell- its gorgeous. Iv been wanting to switch up my lotion and try the Vaseline Cocoa Glow Lotion (the name has me drooling), but im really happy with Body Cocoon at the moment. It smells really nice, and does a good job of moisturizing my legs and arms and everything else in between!
- Iraya Cocoa & Milk Fresh Face Masque
Approx Rs 150 /- is what i paid!
- Return from Work: Wash face with Neutrogena Deep Clean Face Wash (Use Natures Co Scrub once in 4-5 days)
- Remove eyeliner with Forest Essentials Sesame Oil
- Check blog, respond to comments while eating food, talk to boy.
- Lightly massage Forest Essentials Sesame Oil onto face. If its been an extra rough day, use Neutrogena Light Night Cream on top. Or skip sesame oil sometimes, and use Neutrogena Light Night- its really mood dependent
- Wake up next morning and shower with my Vanilla Sugar Body Wash.
- Apply Garnier Body Cocoon Moisturizer and rub Coconut Oil on my elbows.
- Apply Ponds Active Moisture Cream on my face, followed by Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock.
- Go to Work!
PS: My beloved Ponds Tinted Mosturizer is also part of my routine, but in winters since i use Ponds Active Moisture which is richer than the TM , i skip it on good skin days. Only on days when i need a bit of coverage i use it instead of my Ponds Active Moisture Cream
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.