Where to Buy Bridal Lehengas in Delhi: Bridal Shopping 101!

by Mehak Shahani on December 8, 2011

in Bridal Blog, Bridal fashion, Bridal shopping, Shoppin in Delhi

Bridal Lehenga Shopping in Delhi

Mothers and their twisted Funda’s ! (*Rolls eyes *) This was going to be a super fun post, with pictures of my own Bridal Trousseau (so far i have about 6 sarees , 5 suits, and 1 gown )but then my mom put her big punjabi foot in the middle and spoilt my plans (She will kill me if she knew i called her foot ‘big’ – shh dont tell her ). She says you are not supposed to show other people your Trousseau (much less put it on your blog), because it can bring bad luck and evil eyes :(  . I tried to give her a perfectly logical arguement about how the evil eyes will be blocked by the  computer screens and wont be able to travel over the internet and into my life, but she just looked at me like i am crazy. So well, you will only have to do with my advice and information about Lehengas for now.

Bridal Lehenga in Delhi
  • Frontier Raas South Ex(Sale is on August- September) : This is actually where the  Bridal lehenga  i liked the most is from.The range starts from 60K and goes up to about 4 L. The best thing about Frontier is, that even for Lehengas around 60-80K mark, they dont just create a mish mash of cheap swarovski. They have styles of gota-patti work ,kundan work, sequin work and the styles emulate a lot of Sabyasachi , Manish Malhotra & Anamika Khanna.  They claim that the same workers work for them, but i dont know! The thing is, you need to sit here for about 1 hour..they somehow only show you the good stuff if they know you are serious. In the first half hour, i was ready to leave after looking at all the mediocre things, but then suddenly in came all the gorgeous lehengas! What i also like about them is that they dont compromise on the ghera (flare) of the lehenga. You get your full 24 kalis.
A Bridal Lehenga from Frontier Raas- I actually tried this one but it was out of budget(2 lakhs) and tooo heavy for me!

My red and blue bridal lehenga was from Frontier Raas

• Dolly J (Rewaaz) Defence Colony : Before you start thinking that Dolly J sounds like a designer name that will be exorbitant let me tell you- you can score a gorgeous Dolly J lehenga for as little as under 1 Lakh rupees. She has now moved from Hauz Khaz to Def col but I love her outfits for sangeet and specially her unique jacketed blouses are sure fire winners! You can view more Dolly J outfits and her contact details on our Bridal Gallery here

dolly-j-bridal-collection

Real bride arti (featured on Wed me good blog) bought her lehenga from Dolly J and it only cost 75000 ! Love it.

• Frontier Bazaar karol bagh

They arent the same thing-frontier raas and frontier bazaar and have totally different collections !!! Frontier bazaar too has some absolutely gorgeous pieces and is slightly cheaper than Raas though their variety is limited. One thing- it is very stock dependent, sometimes the stock is gorgeous and sometimes there is very little stock but you need to go there and see if you find a bridal lehenga that you absolutely love !

frontier-bazaar-bridal-lehenga

Our Real bride Neha wore her bridal lehenga from Frontier Bazaar ! She customised it as well- so it was red and baby pink! See more of her photos shot by Ashima Suri Photography on the Wed Me Good Blog (you should be following that blog religiously!)

• Chandni Chowk (Bargain, Bargain, Bargain) :  If you want to read a seperate guide about shopping specifically in Chandni Chowk, also check out my Bridal Lehenga Shopping on Chandni Chowk article on my new blog

Get off the Chandni Chowk metro station and you will be attacked by ‘Lehenga Agents’ who will want to take you to their favourite shop from which they can get a commission. Chandni Chowk has lehengas for as little as 10K, some gorgeous options at 50K and even go upto 5L ! The biggest and most popular place to go in to Chandni Chowk is a shop called ‘Om Prakash Jawahar Lal’ spread across two floors. They have an UNBELIEVABLE variety of things : specially if you are into swarovski work, but since its the most well known shop in Chandni Chowk, its one of the more expensive ones (though still cheaper than non -Chandni Chowk Shops). I found a super pretty Orange and Pink lehenga for about 65K here, the only issue with them is that in the <1 L range, they compromise on the flare. So you wont get a 24 kali kehenga, but maybe a 14-18 kali lehenga. Apart from O m prakash, enter any small time shop (I entered Arjan Singh & Tek Chand, and a couple of otheer’ singhs and chand’s type shops)  and they can make you VERY nice lehengas for about 40-50K as well. The bad thing- a lot of the shops dont have ready made options, they show you panels and you can mix and match it …but you need to visualise it..

• Designers (I love Anjalee Arjun,  Suneet Varma, Pallavi Jaikishan, Anamika Khanna, Sabyasachi, Tarun Tahiliani, Varun Bahl) : If you have the money, and are ready to spend atleast 2.5 L on a Lehenga then head to Emporio Mall in Vasant Kunj where all the designers are under one roof (Except Anjalee Arjun – they are in Def col..Even if you cant afford this stuff, still go and check it out because you get a ton of ideas for what kind of lehenga might work on you).Do head to Ensemble in Emporio- love everything there!
  • Bridal Asia, Vivaha and Jalsa Exhibitions: If you want a stylised, customised option but dont want to spend on those high end designers then Small time independent designers sometimes work great for Lehengas, they are cheaper than the big brands and can customise according to your style. However , they rarely sell lehengas for less than 80K and mostly hover around the 1 to 1.5 L mark.  These designers usually display in exhibitions and You MUST attend wedding exhibitions that occur in the Ashok Hotel .The three worth attending are Vivaha Exhibition , Bridal Asia  and Jalsa Exhibiton (They occur in September- December) There are a ton of small time designers who will not just help you with your bridal lehenga, but for your engagement options, trousseau outfits etc.
  • CTC Motinagar (ONLY the one in Motinagar is good-Sale is on During September and June, but only lower ranges are on Sale): This has ranges from 30 K to 5 L, and in general i found it similar prices to Frontier (I like frontiers designs slightly better though). I didnt find too many great options at less than 80K unfortunately, but in the >80K segment, there are some nice options. If bling is your thing then CTC is your friend, i havent found too much here that is non blingy though. Their designer is quite creative, and i love their trial rooms and the area where they show the lehengas . It was one of the first shops i visited, and i still have 2-3 options from there which i loved.

• Ushnaq Mal: UM is one of the oldest shops around and still goes strong. Personally i dont LOVVEE everything they have, but stick arund and they really give you some good options sometimees. Plus you can get anyuthing ordered from them mix and matched etc however do remember that they arent a store that has really kept up with the times honestly I feel . A lot of their styles are dated.. They are relatively reasonable too..cheaper than frontier and the likes.
  • Hauz khaz village: haul kHaz village is a must visit if yr a bride to be. The timeless ogaan and other quaint little shops here are sometimes the perfect optiom for a bride who wants an ultra stylish lehengA . The prices are not exactly cheap, but the designs definitely are something that are worth a dekko!
  • Shahpur Jat

You may not find your bridal lehenga here, but you will find a sangeet lehenga and if you are very lucky maybe even a bridal one ! I love the quaint little boutiques here- Liz Paul, Monika & Nidhi, Madsam Tinzin…All of them are uber cute !

bridal-lehenga-roshans

• Roshans in Lajpat Nagar
This is where our real bride Akanksha got her lehenga from and it was a cream brocade lehenga with subtle work. What I have found is that Roshans has a very limited range so its not one of the places that you can go and spend hours in but sometimes you strike gold so its a hit or a miss
My quick tips for Lehenga shopping
  • Visit during Sale time,  and Bargain :Even proper shops like Frontier give discount  (Dont bargain in Emporio though, you might be kicked out of the mall or something!)
  • Go for dual dupatta’s : I think every bride needs two dupattas- one on the head, and one seperately that goes aorund the waist and over the shoulder. This way , you can put the lighter net dupatta on the head and the heavier one in the usual drape. It instantly dresses up a lehenga
  • Get a Waist belt: I love waist belts with lehengas. I have already bought a kundan, gold and white one for mine! They add that indian princess look, and make you stand out from the crowd- its like that extra fashionable touch to your lehenga
  • Get flare lehengas for your wedding day, keep the fish kali  and slim silhouettes for engagement/ reception: Personally i feel Bridal lehengas should be full and flared, traditional and classic. The modern silhouettes should be left to the other functions.
  • Dont go with a closed mind about colors: I was determined to NOT buy a red lehenga, and so i never asked them to show me those colors, but eventually i ended up loving a red one and i wouldnt even have seen it had i been insistent.
  • Dont judge shops by the products on their website: I am such a google freak that i was googling bridal lehenga’s till kingdom come ! Iv realised that its of no use because the products on their website are really poor and you cannot judge a shop by those.
  • Stick to your budget: If your budget is 1L and you start seeing some of the 2L ones, you wont feel like coming back to the 1L ones. SO ignorance is bliss- see only your budget, because the expensive ones start tempting you otherwise!

Also read some other resources for shopping in Delhi- Bridal lehenga Shopping in Delhi

THERE ARE TONS OF MORE PLACES IN DELHI, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, CONTACT US FOR A PERSONAL BRIDAL SHOPPING SERVICE (log on to Brides by P&B or write in to mehak@bridesbypb.com). Also do not forget to follow our new Bridal blog for more real brides shopping recommendations here- Indian Wedding Blog

{ 94 comments }

Neetu S February 2, 2012 at 6:26 am

Hi, don’t know if this is an acceptable question but I might as well try! :) Do you happen to remember the price of the Frontier Raas lengha you tried on?

Thanks!

mehak February 2, 2012 at 6:29 am

Hey neetu..it was 2.5 Lacs….

swati January 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm

hey mehek, your website has been a great help.i just went to the places you suggested and my life has been very easy ;) i am getting married in feb and i am looking for a good artificial bridal jewelry. your taste is very good so please suggest or do a post on it. thanks a ton xx

Damini February 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Hey Mehak,
I’m amazed you had the time to write this while planning a wedding…but thank god for people who do compile these things! I don’t live in india but will be coming soon to do my wedding shopping, this has been amazingly helpful!

mehak February 22, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Hi Damini,
Make sure to browse the Bridal feature (listed under features at the top) for more such info!!!
Glacd to be of help!

Himani March 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Thank you so much for the amazing information. I feel so much more prepared now. Like Damini, i am also headed to India (to Delhi, tomorrow!) for bridal shopping and i am so happy i discovered you before leaving. Best of luck with the wedding planning! Thanks so mcuh again!

mehak March 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm

No problem Himani. Only a fellow bride to be understands a fellow bride to be ;)
Do go to frontier raas, i love their stuff and prices

Niv March 12, 2012 at 8:11 am

Hi Mehak,
Just discovered your blog today! And I love it! I have had such trouble finding a bridal lehenga. I live in the UK. So far all the heavy rhinestones / “jharkand”styles seem to be in fashion, which I hate!! I went to Kolkata in January to visit relatives and do some wedding shopping. I was dismayed to find I had travelled half way round the world only to be faced with a million jharkands all fishcut again! :(
I am hoping I can find someone here to make me a Modern lehenga with loads of gher.
Just curious I really want a waist belt. Where do they sell them? Could you post pictures of some please? X

mehak March 12, 2012 at 9:12 am

Hi Niv…check out this post here :

im not sure if these would be available online…i mostly bought them with exhibitions..lol jharkhand styles i know wht u mean. Yeah maybe a designer could make you some lehengas if you show her a picture

pavani reddy March 16, 2012 at 4:30 am

i lovee your post on delhi shopping…especially the bridal ones….hugs

Gunjan April 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Hi Mehak
loved ur posts on the bridal shopping…wanted to ask you that do u get wedding lenghas for around 40k as i am too horrified to spend like 1l on a lengha….and ya i am getting married in nov and was in hyderabad a few dayz back and i did a lot of shopping from dere so i would suggest you check out botiques from hyd also as dey have real nice stuff ….personally i think better than delhi…

mehak April 21, 2012 at 1:56 pm

You do get lehengas around 40 K. Check out chandni chowk, as well as Ushnaq mal in South ex

Pooja May 8, 2012 at 5:40 pm

awesome ..will visit Chandni chowk this weekend ;)

Chinky May 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Lovely blog.

Would you know the price range of original Manish Malhotra lenenga’s?
The particular white and pink one Genelia wore for her wedding.

mehak May 19, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Hi Chinky,
MM lehengas , specially bridal ones start at about 3L + ..i dont know the exact figure for the genelia one..but since it was a sangeet lehenga, i thi nk around the 3L range…could be rong though..defintely not less than 2.3 i feel though..

nusrat g July 31, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Hi,i’ve really appreciated ur post,amazing..Need a help!I will be coming to india for my business trip but i just need an indian guide and some more info about where can i get some great deals for wholesales buying and so on….

Preeti Maurya May 29, 2012 at 7:46 am

Hi Mehak,

Mine is like a Arya samaj Mandir types marriage..n its happenin in 10 days frm now..i hav no time to visit n no of shops.. N i need a lehanga in the budget within 20-30 grands..can u pls suggest good shops in chandni chowk ot for dat matter any where in south Delhi.. i reside in kalkaji.. quick response wuld b appreciated..
n I love ur blog.. Mwah*

mehak May 29, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hi PReeti,
Channdni Chowk-njust go to naya katra…first go to omprakash jawahar laal and then just go into any shops u can find honestly on the side. all sell lehengas ad all are same range…
Also check out ushnaq mal in south ex…

Kamalika June 5, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Hi Mehak,

Great Blog! However, i wish to get a lehenga on rent rather than buying one – that way i believe i can afford a premium one without having to care for it all my life… Any idea where we can get good bridal lehengas on rent (around 50K) in Delhi / Gurgaon?

mehak June 5, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Hi Kamalika,
i dont know abt rental places, but there arent too many nice ones on rent. And if 50K is yr budget then why rent? You can get a perfectly pretty one for that much!

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Designer Lehengas/sarees/suits on Rent in Delhi Call 9871472088
See our collection http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sanroh-Creations/180330015346924

mehak July 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

PLease stop spamming my blog with your comments…iv already deleted 10 of them…iv put two up i think its more than enough.

kartika sharma June 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm

hi, i am getting married in Feb 2013, and would like to know best place to buy engagement and wedding lehenga.

Amrytha June 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm

hi, am from mauritius and am about to come to india for my wedding shopping this september and am getting confused on where to go mumbai or delhi.Can u help me please.Am looking for saree and lehengas with stone works bt not in net fabric.Am also searching for the type of sarees akshara wears,anarkali churidar n
kurti

arpita June 18, 2012 at 12:22 pm

hi Mehak,

please let me know if u have any ideas of wearing a short kurti over the wedding lehenga, i have belly fat and dont wish to wear a tradiitional choli, instead i want a short kurti, just touching the lehenga’s waistbelt, with a bit of skin sneaking. do u think it is a good idea? where can I get one? where can I custom make one such kind?
wld really appreciate ur help and keep asking u for more tips:)

thanks!

mehak June 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Hi Arpita…., yes if you want it covered, you can either just make it till the waist belt, or alternatively have a sheer net with embroidery on the tummy. That way yu still show skin but the embroidery covers it !
You can go to any lehenga place – they always custom make blouses. Tell them you want a longer/ shorter one and theyll do it for you!

shivali dhawan June 19, 2012 at 9:20 pm

hi, please let me know a designer lehenga in delhi budget 40-50 k

dulari July 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm

hi mehak…

I loved ur ideas, they are really helpful, i wld start my wedding shopping from the places recommended by u.But i want to work my own lehenga like my own designs and want to work similarly like sabyasachi and other designers
please let me know if u know where can i find that kind of designer zari work borders and motif or that kind of place where can i work on lehengas and sarees…i heard that there is any market place or something like the bazar where v can work our sarees and other stuffs…thanks…

Ananya Utpal July 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hi all pretty brides to be,

I am a celebrity fashion stylist, getting married in august. Mehak, i must say darlin’ you are doing a wonderful job here. I am originially from Delhi but now settled in mumbai. I am in delhi to shop for my wedding trousseau. will definitely go check out these places. Also i am very particular about what i want..if i dont get anything. i’ll probably design myself great lehanga with larger than life flair in a months time, thanks to the great tailors and embroiders i have in mumbai..just hoping i like what i see. i was advised to go to fronteir bazaar by a friend..my budget is 40k. and some asked about waist belts, dude i have like tons of them cos i use them for styling the celebs i work with. There’s a place called IJMIMA in Malad west Mumbai which is a hub to around 450 immitation jewellery shops and they have amzing ethnic and modern stuff…the rates are amzaing cos they the whole sellers.

thanks

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:38 pm
Vandana August 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Hi mehak… It was really nice to kw so much from your expnc…. Ty for sharing……

preeti August 18, 2012 at 8:10 pm

hi mehak,
i m getting engaged next month. my mom wants me to wear a lehnga. m stil confused. plz sugest me sumthing. can i get designer but lighter lehngas from chndni chowk , around 25 k???

Sara August 20, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Mehak, your blog was extremely helpful! Thank you

Sarabjeet kaur August 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hi ,

I am getting married in Nov 2012. As every gal I want to look glamorous. Mine would be a day wedding and I always wanted to wear a lehnga in gold color. My budget for this dress is not more then 20K. Can you please suggest where can i get it from ?

Thanks !!!!

mehak August 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm

chandni chowk…

Urba August 28, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Hey mehak,

I absolutely loved your blog…I chanced upon it at around 9 p.m. and believe me untill 3 a.m. I was still on …I needed just this..:)(I am just starting my wedding shopping which is due in february)..but m really tensed about the lehenga..and i hate those swaroski overdose lehengas..which is the only style we get in Pune..I am running my own boutique but i dont want to design my own lehenga..I would prefer buying it ready..I am from Pune and maximum I can go shopping is still Mumbai..It would be a big favour if you could suggest some places for lehenga and makeup as well in Mumbai and Pune..(I budget=max 50k)

P.S. I so so so so love your multicolour lehenga..

Thanks already..:)

mehak August 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Hi Urba..have you checked out the real brides segment- there is one from mumbai – you can read it mentions where she gt her lehenga from

himani August 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

hi mehak,
i jst read u blog.. i jst loved it <3. i think u r one who cold help me. i m looking for my bridal lehenga, my range is 1.5l , i jst hate those sworoski studded lehengas, i want to purchase some sabyasachi style work lehegas, the traditional gheras, gota pati.. i hav been dreaming abt to wear on my d-day. please suggest me some shops in delhi where i could get 1 of the kind except raas. i m surely going to go there. : )

mehak August 29, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Hi Himani,
Try roshans in Lajpat nagar,also try om prakash jawahar lal in Chandni Chowk.

neha August 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm

i jst read u blog.. i jst loved it <3. i think u r one who cold help me. i m looking for my bridal lehenga, My budget for this dress is not more then 40K. Can you please suggest where can i get it from ?

mehak August 30, 2012 at 9:56 am

chandni chownk and ushnaq mal, south ex

neha August 31, 2012 at 11:54 pm

thanku so much for this

himani August 30, 2012 at 10:12 am

thank u mehak dat u spared some tym to reply… could u plz advise me with artificial kundan polki sets with beautiful pearl drops dats looks so real… some particular shops where i could get variety also in delhi… i don’t stay in delhi, i will be coming 2 delhi for shopping, so going to chandni chowk would be a bit difficult. :)

mehak August 30, 2012 at 10:15 am

hi himani- belirams is a silver shop in almost all malls, the one im ambience gurgaon has sets that are made in silver but look like gold polki- they lok very real because trhe back has actual meena jst like the original ones….
also try amrapali in khan mkt …and johari bazaar in chandni chowlk

himani September 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm

thanks mehak…

thedelhibride August 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I recently bought my wedding lehenga from Om Prakash Jawahar Lal and I’m in love with it :) I actually went there after reading ur recommendation here. Thanks!

fathima September 11, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Great blog mehak.!loving it.
I will be going to mumbai to shop for my wedding so I would like to know where can u buy good bridal lehegas in mumbai.if you know any good local designers too pls let me know.It would be of great help.

Kaamna September 19, 2012 at 2:24 am

Amazing lehengas of lehenga house. Must try go there u’ll find huge range of designs. They also have d copy of designer’s such as sabyasachi.

Address – 502 katra asharfi , chandni chowk

piya September 22, 2012 at 9:53 pm

my budgt of my wddng lehanga is upto rs. 20000/-
n i wanna lehnga in 2-3 bridal shades like red, marron, pink n othrs. so plz gv me sm idea regardng dis n sugguts name of sm gud shopes in chandni chowk for wedding lahengas.

Shilpi September 23, 2012 at 9:38 am

Ohhhhh my god ….!!!! I can’t believe it after reading this post … I went just till Om Prakash jawahar lal…. It’s is the place to be …. Imagine I went to all designers everywhere but couldn’t like anything … Bt I’m Prakash jawahar lal .. Did it …. It the best place to go …. Rilly amazing stuff …!!!thebest place for wedding lehangas …

Shilpi September 23, 2012 at 9:41 am

N I would recommend …. That I went yesterday … There are two girls at the shop … I think they are owners daughters … On should approach them .. They have great minds … They have added a mark to their shop … I’m rilly impressed ….:) ….

Soneez September 24, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hi Shilpi,

Congrats for getting The lehenga done!! but is Chandni Chowk open on Sunday??

mehak September 24, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Hi Soneez, No its shut!

Soneez September 24, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Yeahh I thought so… may be that particular shop is Open..what do u think Mehak?

mehak September 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Shilpi said she went yesterday, and the comment was written on September 23rd..which means she went on Setpmbr 22nd whihc is a Saturdau not a sundya

Soneez September 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

ahh ok…right!!

I am getting engaged in Nov I bought this torquise blue n green lehenga from Frontier Bazar KB.
Can you suggest any good matching jewellery stores in Delhi? And it has silver work so should I go for only silver stone jewels or colored?

mehak September 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm

emeralds and diamonds would look good. Depends on the look of the lehenga-traditionl or modern.

Soneez September 24, 2012 at 7:15 pm

its a full flared lehenga but the work n colors makes it look contemporary…

mehak September 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm

yah emeralds and diamonds then!

Sarabjeet September 26, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I want a beautiful fusion gown for my ring ceremony cum sagan function. Can anybody please suggest where should i buy it from. I want that western style gown wid sum indian work….

mehak September 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Frontier raas has one between 70K to 1.3 lakh budget..

Soneez September 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Or you can try this store in Rajendar Nagar on Shankar Road: Roop Vatika… they have some good collection…the one which I tried was for 35K…

Shilpi September 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

Hi soneez… They are closed on Sunday’s …. Bt they have rilly amazing stuff …..imagine I had a budget of 50k ….. N I ended up buying around 1… That girl had convinced me so well that ,at first I went to other shops to have a round … Bt still I ended up doing to Om Prakash jawahar lal …. It’s a beautiful lehanga …. N that a huge variety of beautiful lehangas …. Nobody would even think that going to Chandni chowk would get u such good stuff … Bt they have an amazing collection staying in Chandni chowk

Preeti September 27, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Hi mehak and all too….
Great blog mehak… wll done and keep goind just loved it and help me to get so many ideas about my wedding.
M getting married in Nov end and wedding function to be held in gurgaon. as m not a native of gurgaon Please suggest me some good make up artists there in gurgaon.

Thanks in Advance

mehak September 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Hi Preeti- There is a parlour called affinity in gurgaon..thats not bad for bridal…

Preeti September 28, 2012 at 12:47 pm

thanks a lot mehak

Soneez September 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Thanks Shilpi…will definitely check out them….

priyanka October 8, 2012 at 7:21 pm

hi mehak…..
thank u very much for this valuable information….actually i getting married this novmbr bt till now i had not final my lehnga……i do all of my bridal shopping from chandni chowk bt i dnt know any thing about lehngas…..i dont want to spend so much money on lehnga…my bgt is 20k-35k….kya mujhe is range me dual duptta lehnga mil skta h….plz help me …

azra October 10, 2012 at 10:15 pm

hi mehak,
as u hv mentiond brand like frontier raas wants to knw whr u keep meena bazar in the list. . . . U mst hv visitd sme show rum of it. . . Design wise n price wise!! Plz tel me knw

mehak October 10, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Its nice but i havent seen any bridal lehengas there.

Swastika October 10, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Hi Mehak,

I have been following your blog-post for a long and I really really appreciate the effort you are putting into the same.I am getting married in the month of Feb.Can you please tell me if I can get a good flared lehanga worth 35 k at OM PRAKASH JAWAHAR LAL or I should go somewhere else.

Thanks.

sidhi October 17, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Hi,
like everyone else I’ve been going through wedding blogs and stuff for my wedding lehnga. since am not residing in delhi I had very little time to finalise one. having read about om prakash shop a lot, went there as well, they have beautiful lehngas (no doubt about it) but only if you’re budget is big as well. for starters….their range begins at around 58-60k, where the 58k was not really worth 58k.
the ones which they charge around 70k and above…some of them are gorgeous (those were the ones I fell in love with, but were outside my budget).
@swastika – for 35k I doubt you’ll get anything here, they said the range begins at 50-60k (my budget was 30k), the salesman wont be very pleased to show you anything if you tell them you’re budget is less than 50k (bitter truth of big showrooms)
my personal suggestion for outsiders coming to delhi for lehngas with budget upto 30k would be to see the lehngas in big shops to know the style and finish of work then try out smaller shops (bargain till you drop).
there are sooo many shops in chandni chowk that for an outsider it’s very difficult to get something in one day unless someone suggests you the shop (please ask around before you go)
Happy shopping everyone and may all of you have a blessed married life.
another thing, sometimes in shops you like something which is way outside your budget and there is this dejected feeling inside, please dont let it get to you and look for something within budget (you WILL find it)
at the end of the day, its not the cost of the dress but the love and affection in the marriage which matters :)
thanks for the blog mehak I got loads of tips from here :) bless you!

Karishma October 18, 2012 at 12:29 am

Another very helpful post :)

Swastika October 19, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Thank you soooo much Sidhi..I was waiting if I get any response of my question or not :(( :silly.I am going Chandni Chowk Tomorrow and will explore other shops :).

Gunjan October 20, 2012 at 9:49 am

Hi Swastika! FYI, I too was not willing to spend more than 50k on my lehenga. I went to Ushanq Mal in South Ex 1, and trust me, the salesman as well as the owner, Mr. Rajeev Tandon, both were too helpful. Never did they let me feel that since I am buying a less expensive lehenga I could be ignored. Infact, the owner Mr. Tandon stood with me for quite a while to understand what exactly I wanted. Not only this, while I was in the shop another bride came to have a look at the lehenga and her budget was approximately 1-1.5 L. Despite having a bigger customer the salesman kept showing me the lehenga and asked another guy to attend them. I ended up buying my lehenga from there and it cost me 45k. Its orange and hot pink in colour with antique gold work and TOTALLY worth the price… !!! I would really recommend you to go there.

Swastika October 27, 2012 at 12:26 am

Thaaaaanks a lot Gunjan for your sweet advice.I would surely go there.I wish I could get a good flared lehanga :pray.CC is good , until unless you know how much to bargain :)

gunjan October 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Anytime! :D

Nidhi October 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Thank god for your blog! I am an NRI and I’m headed to Delhi for my wedding shopping and i have no clue to what buy and where to buy from.
My mom has mentioned something about a Bridal Trousseau but I’m not sure what its supposed to consist of. Can someone please help!
And also besides the wedding lengha what else do i need to buy?

Smita October 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

Thanks a lottttt for the wonderful information Gunjan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was a greatttt help……………….

gunjan October 28, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Ur welcome! I went to get my lehenga today! It’s gorgeoussss!!! ♥♥♥

Parul Oberai January 4, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hey Gunjan..my wedding is in feb. and i saw u posted ur lehenga is in orange and hot pink colour with gold work..can u please upload a pic of it or send me the snap on my personal e-mail id ie paruloberai@yahoo.co.in

I also want the same colour combination but couldn’t get one within my budget.

Thanks for the help!!!

Gunjan January 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

Sure! Have mailed you the pic. :-)

mehak January 4, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Gunjannnn mail me also please ! I wanna se this gorgeous ushna mal lehenga

Gunjan January 9, 2013 at 11:10 am

Mailed! :D

Deepti January 18, 2013 at 3:12 pm

wow i want to this combi.. i love orange n gold lehengas,, pls pls pls send the pic to me too on deeptirawat85@gmail.com

Supriya February 16, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Hi Gunjan, I’m planning on the same colour combination for my wedding lehenga. Can you pls email(supriya_popli@hotmail.com) me the snap too? Thanks

vandana November 10, 2012 at 11:20 am

hi can u plz sugests me..whre to visit in delhi fr beautiful lehnga…..range in btween 20-30k..reply as soon as posble..:)

vandana November 10, 2012 at 11:22 am

halo can u plz plz sugests me beautiful lehnga range in between 20-30k. reply.asa:)

daljij December 3, 2012 at 5:33 am

Hi dear going today to Delhi. M looking for anarkali wedding attire for my daughter where do I go….

Shirmika January 15, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Hi Mehak

Amazing blog. I am from South africa and am getting married in December 2013. Was wondering whether you could post some pics of the lehengas that fall into the 50k, 70k, 1L etc catergory so that I can have an idea of the types of lehengas that are selling for that price. Im still deciding as to whether I am coming to india and want to know whether I will save if i purchase them in india as opposed to just buying them in South africa. i have seen some pretty decent ones in South Africa for around 1L.
please advise and keep up the great work.

Regards
Shirmika

tanu January 17, 2013 at 12:29 am

hey mehak
I really liked your search work.
u have mentioned few places and my budget is 40K to 60K ,,,so wht do you thinkn frontier bazar is good enough to give me beautiful lehgna

rasi January 18, 2013 at 12:16 am

hey
i m getting married in jan last week .
i m damn confused between frontier bazar karol bagh or frontier rass south ex
plz help mehak which 1 is better as i dnt have time to test both nd then choose from one

mehak January 18, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Both have the same things. Frontier bazaar is cheaper.

suraiya February 5, 2013 at 11:17 am

Amazing tips dear! Loved it! And i have always loved shopping in Delhi. Glad i discovered your blog.
The thing in our cultural muslim weddings is, the wedding and reception lehenga comes from the groom’s side (usually chosen by mom-in-law-to-be), so we better hope that she has great taste. :)
However, sometimes the bride is taken along for the shopping to pick and choose.
The upside to this arrnagement ofcourse is the money saved…..and it can be splurged on other wedding things…and overall it does feel nice and special to wear the wedding lehenga gifted from the groom’s family.

Comments on this entry are closed.