Feline by MAC is richly pigmented, soft and glides smoothly on the eye contour without tugging or pulling. I personally haven’t experienced any discomfort using it on my waterline. Also, I use contacts on a regular basis and it does not transfer onto my lenses. One swipe is enough to give well – defined eyes, and the intensity can be built up with a couple of swipes. Feline Eye Kohl is also fantastic for smokey eyes… just swipe it on your waterline/ lashline and smudge it with a brush/ finger… instant easy-peasy smokey eyes (perfect if you, like me, are completely inept at using eyeshadows for ze smokey look!). It is definitely a smudgy eye pencil and not transfer proof, however it does not
have the tendency to travel all around your eyes (yu no look like a racoon with this baby on!). I have worn it to office for over 10 hours and have experienced a teeny weeny amount of fading, and it only travelled an itsy bit below my waterline… nothing scary, on the contrary the slight smudging makes my (super tired) eyes only that little bit sexier (:P) and more “Feline” looking. Though its creamy, it sharpens pretty well with any ordinary sharpener, without breaking or squishing (though the wood tends to look a bit uneven in places).
My favourite thing about Mac Feline Kohl defintely remains the colour… rich matte black… perfect, especially for us Indian girls because of our undying love for black kohl-rimmed eyes. The closest dupe I could think of is the Lakme Black Satin Kajal – though its more of of a glossier black, smudgier, and the fat tip makes it difficult to
achieve thin, defined lines. There’s of course UD Perversion, but that’s not available in India (*sigh*).
* The colour – darkest black
* Perfect for those who prefer eye pencils with matte finishes
* Sharpenable, hence more hygienic to use. Can be sharpened with any regular sharpener
* Creamy, soft and can be smudged easily.
* Once set, does not tend to travel around the eyes too much (May spread more if you have watery eyes)
* Does not sting my waterline and is contact lense safe
* Quantity is good
* Not completely waterproof or transfer proof
* May not be for those who prefer eye pencils with glossier/ shimmery finish
* Some may prefer mechanical/ twist up pencils as against sharpenable ones
* The price – like all things MAC
* It’s LE! Though its been launched and relaunched several times… Come on MAC! Please make it permanent already!
“Beauty is about perception, not about make-up. I think the beginning of all beauty is knowing and liking oneself. You can’t put on make-up, or dress yourself, or do you hair with any sort of fun or joy if you’re doing it from a position of correction.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!