Guest Review by Aaliya
I really feel a concealer can MAKE or BREAK your look! I am amazed by the drastic difference a concealer (a right one ofcourse) makes to the face! But in India especially, most of the women are not aware of the wonders a concealer can do. I use MAC Studio Sculpt in NC25 which is a perfect match for me thanks to the lovely MUA who helped me choose the right shade. I went to the MAC store for a concealer and LUCKILY the same MUA helped me. Usually the same shade of the concealer or one shade lighter works perfectly but in my case it is slightly bizarre! First I tried NW 25, which looked good but I felt it made my eyes kind of dull, which wasn’t something I was looking for! NC 20 was way too light, and then she tried NC 30, and oh my gosh, it was impeccable! The shade blended so well with my foundation, it made my eyes look brighter and it looked so natural I just dint feel I had a concealer on! I am absolutely in love with this concealer, and I can’t stop gushing about MAC! It never lets me down!
WHAT THE SITE CLAIMS:
“A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. Water-resistant, fragrance-free and non-acnegenic. This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin’s imperfections and discolorations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of Vitamin A and Vitamin E), it also contains Silica to help absorb the skin’s oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colors. It can be applied with a medium to firm fiber brush (try the 242 Brush), a latex sponge, or the fingertips.”
I just loveee this concealer. When I wear this I feel the circles around my eyes are INVISIBLE! It comes in a compact, sleek and sturdy packaging like all MAC products! It’s so lightweight and the finish is astonishingly natural, it feels I haven’t applied anything, like it’s my own natural skin! Its super creamy and blends like a dream. It’s very opaque and gives an amazing coverage, so just one thin layer is enough to cover everything. The staying power is really commendable, I apply it in morning and it stays throughout the day until evening!
WHAT I LIKE:
- The website has a mini essay on the claims: p and surprisingly its true to almost all the claims.
- The finish is so natural, feels like my real skin. People (especially men) often perceive makeup as caking up : p but this concealer is an eye opener for them.
- It’s very opaque, so you require very little product for the desired coverage..
- It’s so lightweight, I just don’t feel like I have anything on my skin.
- I am dazed by the coverage it provides. It’s just amazing. It covers everything dark circles, blemishes, acne, etc. I feel just one layer is enough for most people. You wouldn’t require more than a layer well unless u had a night out and got some severe dark circles to hide.
- The best thing about MAC products is the range of shades available, one will definitely find a shade to suit ones complexion! I think this is the reason why MAC products look so natural as there is a shade for everyone out there.
- Who doesn’t like SPF? SPF 35! Yayy! So when I step out I know my eyes are being protected : D
- Only a small amount of the product is sufficient, so this concealer is going to last me for a good time!
- Like I said before, it has remarkable staying power. It lasts all day long without the need of touch-ups.
- The packaging is sturdy and portable making it travel friendly.
- It’s really easy to blend thanks to the super creamy texture.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE:
- If not used carefully, it can appear cakey. One has to be careful to use it in the right quantity and not over doing it to avoid the cakey factor
- MAC products create a hole in pocket : p its expensive but I don’t mind spending as it is really worth the price in terms of both quality and quantity.
OVERALL VERDICT: A
PRICE: 1200 INR for 7g
WILL I REPURCHASE: Yes
RECOMMENDATION: MAC Studio Finish Concealer is one of the best concealer’s in the market which does exactly what it claims. It does exactly what a concealer is supposed to do- conceals with a natural looking finish! I would advise you to use it carefully so as to not make it look cakey, but otherwise i totally recommend this!
About the Guest Writer
Aaaliya hails from that crazy city of Mumbai (Iv lived there- i totally love its craziness). She is all of 21 years of age, and just from her e-mails i can tell she is one jumpy ball of liveliness!! She is currently pursuing her CA, and she feels makeup should only be used to accentuate your natural beauty, not as an everyday compulsion.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!