By Guest Writer Kritika
You know you just went from a college girl to a working girl when the only time you get to catch up on all the TV shows (it’s about time Gossip Girl comes back, I miss you Chuck Bass!), books, movies, blogs, stalking people on Facebook (not that I do that *tries to look innocent*) is late in the night. As a result, your skin devices a payback scheme and gifts you dark circles. So what do you do to combat that? In comes special agent Nyx Concealer in a jar. TADA !
Nyx claims: A moisture-rich, emollient formula designed to conceal discoloration, dark circles and blemishes. Applied with a brush, the concentrated concealer goes on like a dream, is non-comedogenic and creates medium to heavy coverage. The concealer comes in 13 shades of which 4 are correctors in Yellow, Lavender, Green and Orange.
My review on Nyx Concealer in a Jar: So hear this, this is my first concealer ever and I’m pretty impressed with this adorable looking bad boy here (don’t we all just love the adorable looking bad boys in Hollywood flicks :P). I have it in CJ07 – Tan and it’s pretty close to my skin tone. You know how they say that the concealer should be a shade lighter than your skin tone, well this isn’t exactly lighter than my skin tone and that’s a bummer but since I ordered it online, I have to admit it was entirely my fault.
I still love it !! Why? Because –
- It comes in a 7g jar that is about the same size as MAC Fluidline or slightly taller than the Maybelline Gel Eye Liner and is perfect to pop in any makeup case. You can apply it with your fingers or with a concealer brush but I like to apply it with my fingers.
- The texture of this Nyx Concealer is amazingly creamy and glides on very nicely but I would advise you to pat it on and then blend it in rather than simply trying to smear it and rub it in because that then tends to make the concealer go from point A to point B. It also leaves behind a very smooth and velvety finish in my opinion. I have a heard a lot of people like to set it with a loose powder but honestly, it works pretty well without that as well.
- The coverage is pretty awesome and can definitely hide those dark circles, discolorations and blemishes. Though it’s pretty thick and creamy but at the same time does not give a cakey appearance.
- It lasts for about 4-5 hours I’d say. But since I can never keep my hands off my face, it last about
- I don’t know why but this particular shade has tiny winy peachy undertones, it doesn’t bother me much though.
The only bad parts about this Nyx Concealer are:
- It might accentuate the fine lines under the eyes a tiny bit for some people, so if you do have a lot of fine lines you may want to test this out.
- The smell. I personally don’t mind it. Unless I really dig my nose into it, I can hardly smell it. It smells of umm..those 1990’s lipsticks.
- And oh oh.. those of you with long nails, you might not like digging your nails into the jar so I would definitely recommend a concealer brush.
The Nyx Concealer in a jar contains the following ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaden, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.
What’s up with MAY CONTAIN? Listen mister concealer in a jar, you either have it or you don’t! There is no grey area here. Hmphh..
Do you know: A blocked nose can result in dark circles under your eyes because the veins that drain from your eyes to your nose are darkened and dilated :O
Overall verdict /Rating: A-
Price: $5.50 on Nyx website, Rs. 480 on Urbantouch.com (20% off currently)
Recommendation: I would recommend special agent Nyx Conceal in a jar to all the beauties who wish to combat those big bad dark circles and some spots here and there. You really get the value for your money with this one as the jar will last you a long time ! Those who are allergic to strong smelling products or have a lot of fine lines under the eye you can probably give this a miss.
About the Guest Writer
Kritika here is a ‘just started work’ girl as you can tell from her intro , and i can totally relate to that! Looks like she is a gossip girl addict just like me (though now i have moved on to greater things like pretty little liars) and this is her debut post at P & B. I absolutely loved reading every bit of it Kritika, you have a natural flair !! There is a lot more to come from her so stay tuned to Kritika!
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.