by guest writer Kritika
So you dont like liquid liners because they are too hard to apply and they take too long to dry? That rhymed. Haha. Worry not, here is what will help you – a felt tip liner , namely the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen. If you are like me, you would have been afraid to try liquid eyeliners because they do nothing but create a big mess for you and your eyes. I have seen umpteen number of Youtube videos on how to get that perfect winged eye look but always fail because you simply don’t get a perfect winged eye look with a pencil liner. Such a fail.
My take on the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner
Revlon claims: No-mess Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner creates a precise line from soft to dramatic. Felt tip controlled application, Smudge-proof lasting color that wears up to 16 hours, Easier to apply than traditional liquid eyeliners
It comes in three shades. I have 01-Blackest Black/Noir Intense. The other two are Black and Blackened Brown. After searching and searching for a perfect liquid eye liner I thought I should give this felt tip liner a try and since Revlon was my favourite eye liner brand. I thought that this fancy Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner would be as good as their regular pencil liner, but this was a major let down. Get it? Major.Let-Down :P What happened you may ask, well that awkward moment when you hate liquid eyeliners and finally buy one only to realise it’s a tear inducing weapon that will leave you crying just like a season finale of Grey’s Anatomy !
What I like about the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner:
- You can achieve the cat eye, winged eye look very easily. That’s all.Period.
What I don’t like about the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner:
- It stings so bad. Since the time I’ve bought it, it’s just sitting there getting bored and dying a slow death. I take it out once every few weeks just to check if it still stings that bad because I keep hoping for a miracle. I haven’t been able to apply it even once on both my eyes before I start to tear up. It’s like, you start on the inner corner and by the time you reach the middle of the eye, you see it has already started to run because of the tears. And my eyes aren’t even that sensitive. It doesn’t last a minute on me. That bad. So I can’t say anything about its staying power.
- The color pay off is just okay. It’s pretty dark and black. Fine. But definitely not the blackest of the black. I have seen blacker!
- The felt tip of the eyeliner is very hard, I’ve poked myself in the eye with it a number of times. Its pokes you like a needle. Ouch.
- It dries up pretty fast, mine is already on the verge of drying out.
- Expensive ! 500 bucks for something that makes me look like a crying panda.
Overall Review: C
Price: Rs.500 /-
Will I Repurchase: Nope
Recommendation: The Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pen is a weapon of destruction for your eyes I tell you! I would not recommend it at all to those of you with sensitive eyes. People who wouldn’t mind spending 500 bucks for felt tip eyeliner to experiment with fancy eye patterns, you can probably give this a try.
About the guest reviewer
Kritika here is a girl who just started work, a gossip girl addict just like me (though now i have moved on to greater things like pretty little liars) and this is her second post at P & B. Hope to see more from her in the future!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!