Its here ! The first ever Indian Birch Box, in all its purple and lavender glory complete with a cute little ribbon to secure its contents! Im talking about the Blisscovered Box, and in case you still dont know what it is – its basically a service where you pay 700Rs a month and then you get try sample sized products from high end brands every month.Without further ado..lets unwrap this shall we?
The Blisscovered Box itself is a rectangular lavender box with net ribbon. All the contents are secure under this deep purple crepe paper (is that what you call it?).
Ta-da!! The contents.. Want to know whats in this box? Hold on a little while longer while we get to know the full sized products a bit better!
January Bliss Covered Box Contains Sample Sized Products of:
- Lancome Genefique Youth Concentrate (Full size bottle of 60 ml costs 6500)
- Diesel Loverdose Perfume (Full size bottle of 45 ml costs 4200)
- Forest Essentials Honey and Vanilla Bath & Shower Oil (Full size bottle of 200 ml costs rs 975)
- Natures Co Coffee Face Scrub, & Lemon peel Body Wash (Full sized versions cost 575 and 775 respectively)
- Clarins Clear Softening Peelng Gentle Renewing Lotion (Rs 2000 for 125 ml)
What about the sample sizes? Well iv held these in my hand for you to get the idea of the sizes, and actual size of the samples will be given at the end of the post:
Lancome Genefique Youth Concentrate (5 ml) . This is actually a really really tiny sample, and i doubt i can use it more than 2-3 times
Forest Essential Bath & Shower Oil 50 ml. This is a good sized sample and will easily last me a month i think!
Natures Co Coffee Face Scrub (I was really excited to see this because this is my all time favourite scrub) as well as Lemon Peel Exfoliatint Body Wash. This aain is a tiny sample 5 ml each so should last you a couple of days to a week.
The Diesel Perfume for 1.5 ml. Kind of handy to throw in your purse! actually really like how it smells. When it hits your skin its too strong, but once it settles down its a pleasant aroma of vanilla and jasmine. Im REALLY liking it!
This really was the star of the show. This was a 30 ml bottle, and its a pretty good size. I wouldnt call it sample at all. Considering Clarins is not really cheap, im quite excited to try it out!
So in summary these are the sample sizes:
- Clarins 30 ml
- Forest Essentials 50 ml
- Lancome 5 ml
- Natures Co 5 ml
- Loverdose perfume 1.5ml
My thoughts (even though one blisscovered box is not enough to review):
- A pretty box that will be useful in storage or gifting
- The Clarins and Forest Essential Samples were actually really nice sized and there is enough in there for you to try and see whether it works for yous skin
- No Sachets ! Yeah!!!
- They give a 300 rs discount card with the box which can be used to purchase full sized products of the samples you like. Yippeee!!!
- I like how they wrote ” dear Mehak ” and not ” dear subscriber “
- Having no Makeup Item was a slight bummer, but remember they have brands like MUFE on board which do ONLY makeup, so im sure future boxes will be having makeup
- The 5 ml Lancome Sample was dissapointing because half of it contains air , and specially with Anti ageing , you cannot judge a product with a few uses . As corallista mentioned below howvere, since you need a tiny dab of the concentrate , this might actually last a week !
Verdict: I will be signing up for next 3 months just to see what kind of things the box delivers. Since MUFE has signed up, i would like to see some color cosmetics! So excited for that!!!!!
Should You Sign Up? It really depends on what your need is. For beauty bloggers, this makes sense because you end up spending much more than this on products anyway. If you are a skincare enthusiast, this again makes sense for you because a lot of the brands are skin care biased! The rest really depends on what your monthly budget for beauty is. If 700 rs is not much for you to spend on testing out products and brands then go ahead! For me, its definitely worth it !
Where to sign up:http://blisscovered.com/
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.