Before & After: My Mac Makeover at Mac Emirates Mall , Dubai

by Mehak Shahani on February 3, 2012

in Eye Makeup Looks, MAC, Makeup Tutorials

Here is a little quiz question for you.. What do you think is the best selling Mac lipstick and Mac eyeshadow in Dubai. Answer is at the end of this post!

Anyway, As part of  the trip Agenda for the Mac Spring Summer 2012 Trends Presentation in Dubai, there was a small trip to the nearby Mac Store for a makeup application. While the others were a bit apprehensive ,  I made total use of this opportunity to literally eat up the makeup artists brain about colors, shades, textures which will all come handy for the big wedding day ! (Which btw, is not too far away now..eeks!!!!) . e Anyhow, so i thought i shall share the before and after pictures with you girls. You are only allowed to laugh a tiny bit  at the before picture: The previous  night was really late okay- im allowed dark circles and unkept hair!

Okay you can stop laughing now!!!!!

Products Used:

• Mac Fix + spritzed all over face
  • Mac Studio Fix Fluid NC 40  mixed with lustre drops
  • Mac Select Moisture Cover Concealer
  • Mineralized Skin Finish in Natural on face
  • Mineralized Skin Finish in a darker shade for contour
  • Mac Mocha Blush on Cheeks
  • Mac Cosmo Lipstick on Lips
  • Mac Woodwinked Eyeshadow all over lid
  • Mac Folie Eyeshadow in the crease
  • Mac Blacktrack gel liner on upper lash line
  • Mac Graphite Black Liner on lower lash line
  • Mac Zoom lash Mascara

Do you like/love/hate the look? Be honest.

I loved the eyes, and how it photographs but thats a LOT of makeup for me..I usually dont wear half of that even on a night out!!

Have i told you i have an obsession with photographing food? Specially breakfast food. This was my staple in Dubai. Orange Juice with a ham & cheese omelette and hash browns !! Yummm! I felt like i was in an Enid Blyton Novel!

Answers to the question: The best selling lipstick in Dubai is Mac Impassioned Lipstick !!! Impasssioned can you believe it? A hot bright neon pink!!!! How different is that from india where all the best sellers are brown! The best selling mac eyeshadow is Atlantic Blue eyeshadow- a bright  bright electric blue.  I Found that SO fascinating about how makeup is so widely different with different cultures!

PS: I am only allowed to post about the trends in March, so hold on to your horses till then! I promise to make it interesting!

Priti February 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Awesome :)the makeover is fab but u looked cute even before that :)

mehak February 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Aww how sweet Priti!!! But i look a bit like a lost alien i feel haha!

Chris February 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I did not laugh at the “Before” photo, which should score me some brownie points. LOL.
The one thing I would have liked to see is a little matte beige in the inner corner of your eye. She should have stopped the black liner before she reached the inner corner.

It’s 8AM in NY and you are making me hungry with that food pic! I haven’t eaten breakfast yet. :)

mehak February 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Haha ! Yes brownie points!!!!!
I agree i wouldv liked something to open up the eye a bit more!!!

mk February 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Nice make over at Mall of the Emirates. I am not shocked, at the popular color….seen sooo many girls wear that color. Ppl are really not scared of trying colors in UAE.

mehak February 3, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I know i think its great!!! We could learn a thing or two from them!!!

Lancy February 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Wowww… Looking great :)
Fabulous post Mehak :)

Vanity February 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm

err..i may be the only one who likes the before picture..no seriously i love faces sans obvious makeup..its just the after look is very night time. but the eyes are gorgeous, i’m def checking woodwinked next. and ditto on clicking food pics…i’ve so many food pics that i can open a food blog of my own, its just i can’t cook :P

mehak February 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Same hereeee! Maybe we should start one where others just cook for us, we eat and click :p
Hey we will give the cooks publicity!!!

Manya February 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I think you look pretty in both your pics!

muzyna February 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

my favorite mac lip product is hugme and eyeshadow is bronze

Tanvi February 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I like people without make up! I like your first shot! (: You look pretty after the make up but thats a lot of make for me too! *hehhe* … Congrats for the awesome opportunity though! Simply amazing (:

♡ from © tanvii.com

mehak February 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Thanks Tanviii!!!!! Yup it was a bit much!

Emm February 3, 2012 at 1:41 pm

There is nothing to laugh about in the first pic since I wouldn’t mind looking like that everyday but it was the breakfast that won in the end:)

Kejal February 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm

u look super!! (sans the undereyes!) Somehow I think u cover ur dark cicles better than they do. :)

mehak February 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Yeah the thing is..the more concealer you apply, the worse they tend to look..so usually i go and put in very very minimal amount. My under eye took a lot of work..she erased stuff and went over it atleast 5 times!!! I think it takes a while to know a persons face!

parveen February 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm

mehak..u look awesome and the eye make looks just stunning on u..by the way , is it only mac select moisture cover underneath ur eyes?my dark circles are as bad as urs and i hav select moisture cover but never does it conceal as good as this…u r a stunner and am sure ur guy must be ga ga over u on seeing this

mehak February 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Haha my guy..he said “ewwww” to the after photo. He HATES makeup like DETESTS even if i put lipstick on…

Oh ya..i think its seldct moisture cover +studio sculpt …she went over it like five times with different products. but i thing i did ntice was that she mixed atleast 3 shades of concealer to conceal them!

parveen February 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

oh my gawd..seriously…and yes,he detests make up coz u look as good as it is..i think just concealing ur dark circles is enough and u r gud to go anywhere;)
3 shades of concealer????;(((
i was hoping that there is sum special way of applying select moisture cover that it would make dark circles vanish as if photoshopped..alas, i have to wake up to reality!

mehak February 3, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Oh n i really recommend inglot for heavy concealing..inglot under eye!

parveen February 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm

thanks for the recco..inglot, here i come next to u!!

Divya February 3, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I totally love the makeover, not a cent doubt that you look like Diva here :Touchwood:
After seeing the before wala pic… no doubt they asked your id for drinks,,,, he he you look like a kiddo :)

mehak February 3, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Thanks Divya !!! Thats really good to know. You know what people say- that my boy looks younger than me..so you can imagine how much of a kiddo he looks like!

pandora February 3, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Gorgeous makeover. Your skin looks so good. Not that it didn’t before. Actually I think if Dubai could be translated into a lipstick shade it would definitely be Impassioned. Lively , bold and in your face.

mehak February 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Agreed actually!!! I was just surpised that so many people wear hot pink

Bhumika February 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Actually a lot of make up for me too..And I have seen you always with minimal make up..so prefer you that way :) Though I loved how the eyes are done and Cosmo looks very natural on you !

jyoti February 3, 2012 at 2:30 pm

love how your eyes are done. But yeah i agree thats a lot of make up. I don’t think you need that much base. :) i like your skin before make up and you look cute thr. ;)

Karishma February 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm

You’ve got really good skin Mehak, in the after shot, your skin looks almost the same to me. have a good time hun.

Jan February 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I loved the eye shadow application and the eyemakeup overall. But the concealer is not done well. It seems to enhance your puffiness and fine lines under the eyes. And I also think since you have a good skin , there is no need to cake so much foundation but instead let you natural dewiness come through.

Pooja@IBC February 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Love the flawless skin and soft contouring with MSF Natural and Mocha blush, you should definitely snag these two they are giving such a lovely soft focus look to your face! :)

prerna February 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm

dint laugh at your before pic :p..bt honestly its kind of cute only..

me luvd d lipstick the best of the lot in after pics..even i feel its lookin a bit too much …i really lik it better how you do it yourlsf..even the eyes in fact..seriusly!

n me luv luv to have good breakfast too ..would be so awesome to have breakfast lik that served evryday !.and the pics..nice!

Krittika February 3, 2012 at 2:53 pm

You have really good skin! And the eyemakeup is really nice :)… I love how Cosmo looks on you… It looks borderline ridiculous on me :X

mehak February 3, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Really? Why? I love cosmo i think it looks fab on almost everyone!

Krittika February 3, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I so wanted it to look good on me, everyone seems to love it… It looks vivid rosewood pink on me… Almost trampy :X… Guess its just differences in lip pigmentation

Baronial Feminite February 3, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Mehak you look Ravishing. The subtle makeup makes you look even more elegant. Out of all the pics with makeup, I like second one (where you are smiling) the most…Keep up the good work…

Lapanika February 3, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I am with you on this , love the eyes and lips but the rest of the makeup , is a little heavy. A dewy finish would really make you look prettier , like your FOTD posts !!!!

Dhara February 3, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Wow…the makeover is gorgeous…u got such clear skin*touch wood*…dats 1 thing i would like to change about my face…hate the acne n its aftermath :(

kanikajusta February 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm

u look GORGEOUS..d mkup looks so fresh ..i really love d lipcolor(w/h 1 is it)..n d e/s too..!!!

Poohkie February 3, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Your makeup looks fab. I love how your eyes were done up; it’s really brings them out without looking too made-up.

Rima Kaur February 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm

more than your eyes, i love your lips! they look so minimal and much juicier than your orange juice :P i’ve never seen cosmo look that good on anyone!
and yes, i can totally believe how impassioned is dubai’s no. 1 selling lipstick. i’ve seen quite a few women from the middle east wearing bright colours on their lips and eyes.. they don’t shy away from colours, no matter what their age. they look so beautiful!

Sukanya February 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm

woah! you look really nice..loved the lipcolor n your eyes are tof fab!!

anita February 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm

You look like Shereen Bhan with the eye make up!!! In a good way ;)

Mehak February 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Ooh i really like SHereen Bhan!!!!! Thank youuU!

pavani reddy February 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm

loved ur makeup mehak..looking great!!!ya thats a lott of makeup but thats k for the Dday i think..u will definitely make a gorgeous bride…

Riya February 3, 2012 at 8:09 pm

enid blyton reference…hahahha..i thot of it too, when you first mentioned ur bfast in ur agent post…u look wonderful even without the makeup, though love how they’ve done ur eyes!

Shifa February 3, 2012 at 8:40 pm

You look stunning girl! Not only is the make-up fab but your skin is so beautiful :)

Nivedita February 3, 2012 at 8:54 pm

LOL!! This is what you call bed-head. Hey, even without your make up you have such a beautiful skin!! Mine is er.. so blemished!!
With the makeup on, do I need to tell you you just look flawless?
Eh! I so hate browns and I don’t know what’s with people. Somebody asked me to try wearing ‘regular’ shades like brown in stead of my pinks and reds!! :P

Is your wedding shopping over by now? What makeups are you getting?

Harshleen February 3, 2012 at 11:15 pm

You sure look gorgeous! The wood winked eyeshadow looks great on you. Congrats again for this awesome opportunity!

Vanu February 4, 2012 at 9:08 am

U luk fab either its ur before pics or After…

Zahra February 4, 2012 at 5:37 am

Hey Mehak, great going girl!!! :) Was super-thrilled to read about your Dubai trip….I think that speaks volumes for how far P&B has come!
I like the look they’ve given you, especially the flawless skin (LOVE it!!)… if I could change just one thing, I’d go for a softer line on the lower lashline….. but that’s just me, a newbie from the basement of the makeup-newbie pyramid (remember all those “bottom of the pyramid” lectures at the ex-employer’s?? ;-P)
Enjoy yourself, and good luck for your wedding and P&B both!! :)

mehak February 4, 2012 at 6:16 am

Haha thanks TP!!!! Yes i do remember and its soooo good to see you here ya!!!! Believe me, im the most surprised abt how far P & B has come!

Zahra February 4, 2012 at 5:39 am

Oh, and am not too surprised about a hot pink shade being the most popular in Dubai :)….. Arab women generally veer towards deep, bright shades, but they seem to carry it off much more effortlessly than most!!

anu sachdeva February 4, 2012 at 6:13 am

you were lukin pretty even widout the make up but aftr the makeup u look stunning …:)

philamazan February 4, 2012 at 7:17 am

i loveeeee ur eye make up….
its really tough working with oriental eyes like mine..i wish i had ur eyes :p

Shruti29 February 4, 2012 at 7:51 am

I love the Eyes most :)

tanzzitaa February 4, 2012 at 9:39 am

u have a pretty face…. try bolder shadows….. n the winged shadow look…. will suit you….

Nidhi (Shukla) Pandey February 4, 2012 at 9:44 am

Hi Mahek! Liked your before and after pic both. Your eyes are really beautiful!
I liked both the pics of eyes alone and ofcourse Breakfast since I am a foodie!

Ishita February 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I jusssssssssssssssssssss love this look…. extremely beautiful

thePURPLEspirit February 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Wow! You have such nice skin…before or after…oh and love the makeup… Looks so fresh..

Zara February 4, 2012 at 6:09 pm

u luk goreouss!! Both before AND after…but yes, thetransformation is so clean! the lines r pefect and the eveness islike…Whoaaa! Fab makeover…pls do a tute on how it was done …pretty pleaasee…

mehak February 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Hi Z!!!
Okay will try and do…it was basically woodwinked all over eye and folie in crease with little bit of carbon as well!

Ice February 5, 2012 at 6:42 am

You have nearly flawless skin even without foundation! Love it<3 and i love the makeover result, it looked so natural and the blending, wowowow!

deepika February 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Love .. love the eyes … definitely checking out woodwinked eyeshadow next time ..

break up of the outfit please … i love ur cardigan/ cape ??? !!! ;););)

mehak February 5, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Hey it’s a lace jacket got it from flea mkt in Delhi!

Shalini February 5, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Superb makeup … loved eyes the most … :)

Samyukta February 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

OMG! i love this! and girl you have such awesome skin!!!! loved the makeover and well you are really pretty without the makeup as well :)

Palak February 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I think your eyes look gorgeous !!

Rubee February 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Mehak you look gorgeous & the makeup is flawless & accentuates your features :)

renji February 7, 2012 at 8:36 am

Hi…Nice makeover mehak…u r gorgeous…but sometimes I feel tht while being photographed both ur eyes are different..Maybe the way u look into the camera make this change…But…I like ur blog so much…keep doing the good work..all the best to you…….:)

mehak February 7, 2012 at 11:49 am

Haha really? I dont know maybe they just are different? Actually, it happens when i smile..i smile more from one side so that eye gets smaller..i giuess thats why!

renji February 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm

but i like all ur looks… u look beautiful…:) Nice outfit selection too :) Can u review Eve pearl Products too

nitika bhatia February 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm

your eyes look sooo beautiful : )

desipolitan February 8, 2012 at 2:26 am

Lovely lovely! The eye makeup looks fantastic. However, you have fabulous skin in the before shot (lucky girl). I think the MUA put way to much foundation on you – you don’t need even half that much.

Renisha February 8, 2012 at 7:46 am

Fab job in concealing the dark circles!!

DevilishAngel February 9, 2012 at 4:35 am

Whoa!I can’t trace foundation anywhere! U look lovely :)

style-delights(Jyoti) February 15, 2012 at 4:15 am

Love your face in both the ‘looks’!!:-) Although ‘after’ look will be awesome for an evening engagement!!
-Jyoti
Style-Delights Blog
Let’s Twitter Together

masroor February 22, 2012 at 3:42 pm

ur luking awesome

Vidhya March 4, 2012 at 6:15 pm

The eyes are really well done.. But, felt the under eye area was not evenly done shows some amount of dryness could have been done better.. You look lovely!!

sahar March 8, 2012 at 12:27 am

you are looking very pretty…eyes are very prominent

akhila March 15, 2012 at 6:49 pm

hey u look good before and after, I think your smile makes all the difference, it brightens up your face instantly….love your eyes .. Keep smiling girlieeeee

lissa george April 23, 2012 at 12:48 pm

hi.. i like the make over.. you look fab in both the picz..!! but this reminds me of my make over from mac which was and uter disaster, i looked like some alien , and since then im scared of trying mac foundation or let me be frank, scared of the name MAC only..!!:) but i cant blame the artist completely, as i myself is confused about my skin tone and skin colour. it will be really good if you can help me find my skin colour and skin tone, so that i can flaunt it well.. please help

mehak April 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Hi Lissa…the easiest way is to look at a celebrities photo and put it next to yr photo ..whichever celebrity your skin tone is closest to..tell me that name..and ill tell u your skin tone..
You might also want to know whether you are warm or cool skintone this should help for thaty :

Anisa April 24, 2012 at 8:03 am

I don’t know how anybody could find anything to criticize about this makeover. You look great. Nothing at all worth critiquing. Your eyes look amazing & your skin does not look cakey whatsoever.

Sonia April 26, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Oh My GOD! You were in Dubai ? :D:D
How did you like it here?
Haha @ Impassioned. I swear to God in my university area its like a normal thing to see girls with hot pick lips :P Nicki Minaj style!

mehak April 26, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I was there on a MAC trip…it was AWESOMMMEEE…did some nice hookah and all and roamed around those huge big ass malls which honestly totally overwhlemed me!!
Seriously i ws like so surprised…impassioned and atlantic blue like OMG! What a colorfyl city!

Di May 14, 2012 at 4:38 pm

hey!
just checked your blog yesterday and loved it already.. amazing tips.
need a lil help here…
my complexion is that of an average indian shade…a lil lighter than medium i would say..but i have dark lips.. tried many lip shades but did not like them very much..
can you suggest some shades or tips..
also…..
can you suggest some must haves in terms of cosmetics….. i am not a very make-upy kinda person.

mehak May 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Hi Di!!
I have a post here on my fav lipsticks-
even im like that..wheatish kind of skin tone bt darker lips
If you want some general shades i would say Mac Cosmo, Mac Twig, Maybelline Blushing Brunette, Maybelline My Mahogany , Revlon Rosy Nude

Di May 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm

thanks mahek..
really nice shades there..will try some for sure…
& trust me you have lighter lips as compared to mine..
also my lips aren’t even toned…there are some parts of my lips that are darker than the rest…like the sides of my lower lip is dark..as compared to the rest.. & my upper lip is darker than my lower.. i hope you are getting the picture.. can you suggest something for that…so that i can cover them up on daily basis..& you forgot to tell me the MUST HAVES!!!

mehak May 15, 2012 at 2:11 pm

My upper lip is darker than lower too honestly, but theyr even toned..you need super pigmented lipsticks then…go for MAC Amplified creme formulas or MAC Matte Formulas- those r perfect for covering up discoloration- like Mac Cosmo, Mac Creme in your coffee. Apart from those, also look at the Maybellin Colorsensational Moisture Extreme range – i find thenm more pigmented thanb the regular colorsensational lipsticks- bronze orange is a nice one from that…Also if someone is going abroad tell them to get you a MAC Lip Erase, its tailor made for girls like you. You can search my blog for it and yll get a review on it…
MUST HAVES- Ponds tinted moisturizer (its beeing discontinued now though), Body Shop extra virgin minerals foundation liquid, Lakme kiss of a rose cream blush , Mac Peaches Blush (for a happy orangey peachy cheek) /Mac Mocha Blush (for an earthy dusty rose pink cheek) , Revlon colorburst lipglosses (i like papaya a lot), Colorbar I glide eye pencils are mUST HAVES – getone in all color u love- there is a stunnig purple, and stunning green and blue that they make ….That should cover the basics..

Di May 15, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Mahek…. I love you….Thank u thank u thank u!!

Sana August 7, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Omg you look amazing! I like how she used a warm blush. My complexion is a shade darker than yours and I hate pink blushes on myself. But the blush looks so natural on you! Btw, did she fill in your eyebrows?

You look really pretty both before and after :)
xxxx

Mahwish Kamran December 4, 2014 at 10:06 am

Hi
Love what you wrote :)
U got a Very nice and interesting style
Plz follow me as well