Outfit of the Day: Recently Shopped!!

by mehak on February 6, 2012

in Fashion

If you see me walking around Delhi with a creature who thinks he is in the North Pole , please dont laugh. The boy has moved to Delhi, (yes moved- no long distance anymore!!) and he insists on wearing a monkey cap, a sweater, and a jacket with the hood on everywhere we go (Somebody please tell him its almost warm now, compared to what we faced in January!!!!!). These Eskimo types from out of Delhi – they make me laugh !

So while the boy is dressed like an eskimo, this is what i am dressed as. This is one of my favourite times of the year- when the sun comes out during the day and provides just enough warmth, but there is still a very slight nip in the air for you to throw a light cotton jacket on. Its my Dilli the way i like it ! <3 <3 (Though now that the boy is also here-its my Dilli the way i love it  **Muahhh: Tweeety Kisss** )

Outfit Breakdown:

• Grey Top with Cream Ruffles : Vero Moda Sale Rs 560/-
  • Black & White Striped Cape: Calvin Klein Rs 3500/- on sale
  • Dark Brown Tights (I survived winter in these- they are lined with fleece on the inside) : Rs 500/- from some random shop!
  • Wine colored Booties (From Dubai): Rs 750/-
  • Forever 21 Necklace from Dubai : Rs 250/-
  • Black Sequinned Bag (From Primark in Uk -Gifted)
  • My Blackberry (Cant live without this). I recently got 3 e-mails from readers asking me how i manage my time between blog, full time work, boy, wedding preparations, replying to emails etc. No credit to me- all credit to my BB!!!

We saw “The Descendants” the other day. George Clooner *Swoon*. Though he does look kind of old in the movie, George Clooney can always get me starry eyed and  swooney. The movie was okay- if you like emotional dramas you shall love it but it was a tad slow for my liking! In other news, i got up today with a big red spot inside my eye- totally matching my booties you see. Not that you needed to know any of this, but its freaking me out. The doc said i shouldnt worry and it shall go away in a day or two but me no liking the little red riding hood inside the eye!! Shoo! Go away red spot!

Kajal Couture February 6, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I love your outfit! That sweater is exactly the style of sweater that I love to live in. I am also a big fan of the red booties.

I’m happy for you that now you and the boy are closer!

janisj. February 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm

ure looking lovely mehak….and congrats for long-distance no-more!!!! i too love dilli in this weather!!!!!

giggle girlie February 6, 2012 at 7:08 pm

nice outfit post!!delhi winter is the best!I have so many memories attached to it:)

Lapanika February 6, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Yay :) the boy moved to Delhi , so we get to see more OOTD posts *wink wink!!
and Delhi weather !!!
Loved how you’ve brought in all the pieces together !!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 5:33 am

Thanks Laps!!! I shall call you laps from now on!!!

Lapanika February 8, 2012 at 7:37 am

Laps , works fine with me … does it sound too cheesy ?? Lol !!!

mehak February 8, 2012 at 7:57 am

Yes it does…but thats the point.nicknames are supposed to be cheesy laps! :p
Im surprise no guy has tried a cheesy pick up line of “Sit on my lap ” types with you :p …

Bhumika February 6, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Loved the OOTD…good picks from Dubai..the necklace and booties are nicee..:)

mehak February 7, 2012 at 5:42 am

Thankkkk youuu!

thePURPLEspirit February 7, 2012 at 4:29 am

Oooh… This looks so fresh! Love what you’ve done to the first pic specially. Hey is this your lawn? So cute!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 4:38 am

Yup thats my lawn!!!! Thanks!! My mom will be happy you liked it :p

swastika February 7, 2012 at 4:40 am

you look nice..and love the feel of the picture…:)

tanveer February 7, 2012 at 5:11 am

You look very pretty Mehak, I like the outfit a lot – it has been accessorized very well :)

I February 7, 2012 at 5:12 am

OMG! You are TOTAL copycat! Why do you copy Iowagirleats so much??? The way u write your blog is a copy of how she writes… the fun manner in which u write… is all hers. “In other news”…Be a little original Mehak… use your OWN ideas!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 5:21 am

Lol..thanks for making me laugh early morning.. “In other news”-oh shocker i copied 3 words that are used by pretty much all writers/ bloggers/ magazines/ newspapers…haha!!!! I didnt know there was a copyright on “In other news”. As far as “the fun manner” in which i write”..Errmm..you do realise nobody can copy your “writing style” even if they try- everyone has a way or a flow of words which comes naturally to them. Try copying someones style, its harder than you think. Moreover my blog is about my life and it is personal.Unless another blogger has a boy in her life who feels like he is in the north pole i dont know what you are talking about….Karen from Makeup and beauty writes in this “fun” way too, will you say she copies her too??? :p :p
Oh and for other readers- Iowagirleats is a brilliant food blog. Do go check it out and let me know what you think!!!! Which reminds me- havent visited her in a while..shall drop in and say hi!

I February 8, 2012 at 8:38 am

Hmm… never thought that u’d care to post/reply to my comment. I’m a big fan of IGE and when i read ur post it sounded so much like her… But u were right about “nobody can copy your writing style”. My apologies! Have fun!

mehak February 8, 2012 at 8:45 am

Hey ,
It happens to everyone. I get people coming to me and telling me others are copying my posts /reviews when really its just a question of co-incidences and/or similar flow of words/ thoughts . I am the first person to admit that i totally adore Karen from makeup and beauty and shamelessly will try and emulate her blog if i had to :p Its just that even if i try, i cant !!!! You dont need to apologise, i published your comment because it was non abusive/ non spammy.All those kind of comments- negative or positive are more than welcome!!!

Kejal February 9, 2012 at 5:49 am

This is exactly y We love ur blog soooo much!!! U r U!!

bnann February 7, 2012 at 5:26 am

@I ….envy, envy….just go away, if you don’t like, don’t read.

I February 8, 2012 at 8:41 am

LOL! I dont envy her… i dont even know her… just came across her blog a few days back…looks interesting…

parveen February 7, 2012 at 5:41 am

jus adore ur style of vocabulary and dress..i dunno how u carry such elegance yet manage to make a statement..me, on the other hand, end up looking like a horrible faux pas in my attempts to look like a worthy person to my patients..guess, shud learn a lot from u !

Mehak February 7, 2012 at 5:52 am

Pleaseeeee I learn from other fashion bloggers myself. I was and still am a jeans n t shirt girl till I started reading other fashion blogs n taking some risks ! I am sure you r just exaggerating abt the faux pas : p

mehak February 7, 2012 at 5:41 am

Big pain! Glad its over!!!

shivani February 7, 2012 at 5:51 am

Love the look and the post .funny! !

shivani February 7, 2012 at 6:12 am

I looked through that Blogh and it is good no doubts!! But I don’t feel there is any similarity In the writing style at all!!! I think everyone who blogs gas their own style and no one can ‘copy’vocab and a sense of humor

shivani February 7, 2012 at 6:13 am

Have

Samyukta February 7, 2012 at 6:53 am

MEHAK I LOVED THE LOOK (hope you dont mind my caps, some people do)…. the ruffled OMG! i have to have it… and the maroon booties… these are the Dubai ones na? Gorgeous… Sigh… and the Dubai Necklace… WOW! You know when i first saw the necklace in the previous post i didnt quite like but here its just sooo drool worthy! Love love love the Look… Is the comment a bit too long? :P

Samyukta February 7, 2012 at 6:54 am

oopsie! i meant the riffled *top* ;)

mehak February 7, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Haha long comments are the most welcommeee! Thanks Samyukta!

Manya February 7, 2012 at 7:08 am

I loved everything about your look! You are super gorgeous!

prerna February 7, 2012 at 7:28 am

ooo…nice!..luvd d look..and the top the most..been wanting to own a nice ruffle top too since long ..n yep..feb is lik d best month man to be in delhi..
n funny story abt d boy :p..awesome..tho me being from the north still roam arnd lik an eskimo..dnt mak fun of him u see , we believe in prevention is better dan cure :p..lol
and congrats he is moved to delhi..awesome so now you ll be get settled here nly?.no hyd?!

will wait for more fashion posts from ur side…:)

prerna February 7, 2012 at 8:13 am

and ya..ur lawn…well in gurgaon ..dats smtn cant even dream of :p..mall wala malls is the max u can get mayb..ur some pots and plants in the balconies..:(..my mom would so luv to have smtn lik that!

n u matchd ur lippy wid d booties kya..nice..just noticed while gng thru agn..

mehak February 7, 2012 at 8:42 am

Ooh im in ggaon too! So agree about the mmalls and the skyscrapers man but i stay in a still not so popiular phase so we have greenery here

Priti February 7, 2012 at 7:30 am

Hey!!! Have been a silent reader (lack of time, energy and willingness to type my comments) but have decided to do away with it and speak my mind. (Dont ask why suddenly today i felt this urge.. :) i got hit by an apple yesterday so probably got my eureka moment)
Many things to say but i will restrict to few (for starters)
1) Love ur blog. :) Keep it up gal!!!
2) Have based some of my recent purchases on your reviews and i must say my opinions on the product were similar to what you wrote. So hugssss and kisses :) Its nice to know the reviews (especially ur personal ones) are not influenced by external forces. Love u for that:)
3) And today u did not delete the accusatory comment above but responded well!! in decent language too….. Niceeeeeee
4) Finally, u cute :) And love ur lawn. For ,most of us Mumbaikars a lawn is synonymous with vacation farmhouses only :):) So the idea of staying in a house with lawn is super cool.

mehak February 7, 2012 at 8:44 am

Thanks priti, i wish more such apples hit your head!!! So glad the products are working for you!
Oh its a policy not to delete accusatory comments UNLESS they are abusive/ vulgar. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion right? Iv lived in Mumbai -lokhandwala!!! Yes lawn was a distant distant dream

Priti February 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

Agree.. We are entitled to our own views but I do know some bloggers who promptly delete comments which even hint towards negativity!!! Such a put off!!!
And Lokhandwala is a shoppers paradise nowadays :) Me from South Mumbai and i love my city but but wish i could take a stroll in lawns, sipping coffee, checking mails on BB, eyeing the cute neighbour etc etc (total HBO effect on me!!! i see such scenes in most chick flicks ) :)

mehak February 7, 2012 at 11:46 am

Haha i lovvvee South Bombay. OMG those cobbled street have some magic and charm in them ..
Yeah i know abt the HBO effect..for the longest time i was like -I want to walk to work and carry starbucks on the way and them bump into a cute boy. Except in Delhi, there is no starbucks, and*bumping into cute boys* can be replaced with *bumping into letchy men*…eww

Priti February 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm

u know u know, i did live the dream to an extent in US last year . Rushing to work in formal dress and high heels with Star bucks in hand. awesome climate amd wind in my face :) But i was in texas and those men showed no interest in a vertically challenged indian !!!!

Akshata February 7, 2012 at 7:58 am

Loved your look… The top, footwear and chain in particular.. :) Ive been to Delhi a few times… and im the eskimo types… :)

mehak February 7, 2012 at 8:42 am

Most non-delhiites are!

Anita February 7, 2012 at 8:37 am

Okie! totally unrelated but I think you should be on Band Baaja bride..The NDTV times show. :) My cousin applied cos they have Sabyasachi on board this season…but the groom’s family didnt agree …bummer! :(

Anyway, here’s the link …

mehak February 7, 2012 at 8:41 am

Haha Thanks Anita! You know what, iv considered it myself!!! But sometimes i feel like the brides dont get reall nice dresses so feel maybe its a risk?? Another reason i didnt apply was cos i bought all my outfits a really long time back, and i dont know if i wanna wear anything else!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 8:41 am

Anita February 7, 2012 at 8:53 am

Oops!! just saw the ad running on your blog too!! uff! feel silly :P … and yup agree on the outfits point. BTW, thansk to ur “where to buy bridal stuff” posts…have gone and busted my card shopping for “stuff to wear at other people’s shaadis” ;). Hubby will have a major coronary burst if he sees the hidden shopping bags in my car! by the way, anychance you know a good boutique near Vasant Kunj? I have one in Lajpat Nagar, but its too far for me …and i need to offload the shopping bags super super super quick!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 11:47 am

Hhaahaha! I knw that feeling..hmm sorry donno much about VK…I get my stuff from gurgaon…

Shruti29 February 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

Loved your look Mehak, would like to see the Boy wearing the Monkey Cap ;)

Vanity February 7, 2012 at 12:14 pm

ohoye the bridal nikhar shikhar * whistles in a punjabi way*
haha who wears mokney caps these days? these outside delhi delicate darlings bhi na!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Hai na? Egg-zackly..who wears monkey caps!!!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Oh and im *twirling my imainary parandi and doing gidda* in response to your whistle :p

pavani reddy February 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm

congrats mehak for end og long distance n nice outfit…

varshini February 7, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Mehak…this look is so good….i am loving those purple booties :)

You have an unique style of writing ….i love it…lovely lawn you have babe :)

varshini February 7, 2012 at 2:02 pm

OMG my comment is not ter ..:(

shruti February 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Tights as pants- not my style.
BTW, this is my favorite season as well!

mehak February 7, 2012 at 6:17 pm

really? I love tights..live in them..as long as the top is long enough to cover the butt im good :D
Nice weather na? I love it! Though it kinda got cold again today

shruti February 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I love tights too…only not as pants/bottoms on their own. :D
I pair them with skirts/dresses.
I’m actually in NYC now, but this is my favorite season in Delhi. Grew up there :).

varshini February 7, 2012 at 3:57 pm

mehak…this is such a lovely LOTD…i am so loving ur purple booties :)
Ur style of writing is unique and good …..

mehak February 7, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Thanks varshini!

Divya February 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Loved your look, specially the cute little boots :)
Great to know, that the BOY is back, in fact when you told me you guys look like kids… first thing that hit me was the couple in My Sassy girl(Korean version). If you haven’t seen it you are definitely missing something :(… but make sure you pick up the Korean version :D

mehak February 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm

oooh im going to go watch it. Iv never seen a korean movie before though

Divya February 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Oh I am very sure you would love it. will email you the you tube links with subtitles. b/w some Korean movies are too good :)

Divya February 7, 2012 at 6:56 pm

chk ur mail :)

Sukanya February 7, 2012 at 5:39 pm

wow! the top is amazing… :)

mehak February 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Thanks sukanya. Have i told you your dp is very pretty!

Prachi February 7, 2012 at 6:16 pm

you looking gorgeous as ever,,Mehak…loved your outfit…When you become the biggest fashion blogger of India, which will be very soon, I would love to interview you in that lawn of yours….:-P

Sayantani February 7, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Love the bag and booties! So pretty!

FashionPhD February 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm

He moved here!! Yay :)

mehak February 8, 2012 at 6:49 am

I know yippee!!!

Emm February 7, 2012 at 6:36 pm

That cape!!!

nitika bhatia February 7, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Great outfit.. Loved ur cape & the top !!! I love this weather in Delhi too, can pretty much wear those cute tops with a light jacket or cape !! : )

Vanu February 8, 2012 at 6:35 am

I knw wat a long distance relationship is!! Seriously man, how insane u become!
I jus wish i was thin like u. Dont worry ur eyes will b oryt, gal!
U alwz luk fab…

Cheers to u n ur guy!
Lots of Best wishes

shivani February 8, 2012 at 1:32 am

Mujhe reply nai kita. :(((

mehak February 8, 2012 at 6:51 am

OOPS SORRY Shivani ..overlooked your comment in a hurry..you know what im so crazy bsy most of the time i like go quickly quickly and read everything and forget to reply!!!!!!! Im so happy though tht u went through the blog and didnt think it was copycatting n stuff!

Renisha February 8, 2012 at 7:40 am

Totally loving those booties mehak..♥♥♥
Love the fact that inspite of being sucha famous blogger you are so down to earth & try to reply to most of the comments :)
& glad that now you have got someone to takes photos for ur ootd :)

mehak February 8, 2012 at 7:56 am

Haha Renisha *Such a famous blogger* ….you make me sound like SRK !!!! Nah, comments are the most fun part of blogging i think, i love hearing wht people have to say…though i have to admit i cant reply to everyone cos otherwise my employer will kick me out!

Vaishnavi February 8, 2012 at 10:45 am

Mehak…you get better and better everyday!!

Vaishnavi February 8, 2012 at 10:48 am

Mehak…you get better and better everyday!!
I loved the way you responded to @I. Its great to take criticism in stride!!

mehak February 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Some people say i have a thick skin. :p
I guess that may be it.hehe .Non Abusive , but not-so positive comments are okay, you should see the abusive ones i dont publish- Ugh.

Kejal February 8, 2012 at 1:28 pm

hey lovely OOTD!!! But cant blame the boy..it must be chilly for him.
BTW: I got a similar thing from that DKNY cozy jacket video u had posted..got it from AND..and its quite neat. I kept modelling in front of my mirror trying out various styles. This hoodie u’ve worn also looks similar.

mehak February 8, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Ya ya …i wear it in different ways all the time..except the fabric is sort of thicker so it doesnt get folded etc that easily :(

Krittika February 8, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I love how everything’s so well put together… And yay, no more long distance.. Congo!! And don’t we all love our bee-bee *my guy calls it my “biwi” now* :P

Baronial Feminite February 8, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Hey girl..You look fab..So many layers together and I am simply loving it..
After reading such posts, I am also planning to shed some weight and come up with outfit kinda post…Simply loved everything from your necklace to booties…

khaddu June 16, 2012 at 5:45 pm

hi , I have just seen very few pictures of yours , i mean not all of them ,, but your house is so pretty . :) And your so fit and fine :) . Pretty lil thing you are . ! :) Hi five ! :)