The Boyfriend Tag with “The Boy” ..

by mehak on February 14, 2012

in Uncategorized

I wish i could sit here and tell you about all my fabulous date plans for tonight. Unfortunately though, for a couple who is in the grind of a corporate job, both of us are working late, and he is travelling so our V-day Date has been postponed to the weekend! In the mean time though , i did manage to get the boy to sit down and answer a few questions for the Boyfriend tag!! I thought it was quite V-day Appropriate so here goes!!!!

*One thing about us. We dont have a snap where both of us are looking into the camera. They are all semi cartoony like this one*

1. Where did you two meet?

Boy: “The last place u would expect a marketing MBA and an economist to collide- a freaking healthcare company”

(Yeah..we interned at the same place and got allotted the same desk..twice in a row”)
2. When was your first date?

Boy :” She would think it was the movie we went to after i asked her out, but really every interaction after we met was a bit of a date i think”

(He is trying to earn brownie points here by appearing all romantic )

3.  Where was your first kiss and  how was it

Boy:” Thankfully the first movie we went for was also the most boring, so you know…”

Me: ” Wtf…that was not the first kisss…dont you even remember??!!”

Boy “Uhh..ofcourse i do..but it was the same day as the movie na”

Me: “Yes, but not inside the cinema hall. Please dont make people think i make out in cinema halls ok”
4.Did you know she was the one?

Boy:” I knew, she didnt”

(He is trying to earn brownie points again. Neither one of us knew really)

5. What was your first impression of her

Boy:” Pfft..Typical Delhi Girl”

Me: “And that means”

Boy” Forget it. I dont think i can explain that type of species in a couple of lines”
6. When did you meet the parents

Boy” A year and a half back”

(He met my mom before i met his parents but around that time)
7.Who said i love you first

Boy” Oh im sure you want me to answer ki i said it first hai na”

Me” No..answer what you remember”

Boy “I think you said it first”

Me“You made me say it. Uff you dont remember anything man!”
10. What do we argue about the most

Boy : ” Ugh. Wedding preparations man. She has an opinion on everything. And home decor- she made me spend more on a fridge because it was “nicer looking”. Who gives a shit about how a fridge looks?? Its supposed to freeze things, not be a piece of art!!!. Also we argue about whethe its  normal fr a 25 year old girl to excessively drool over a 55 yr old man”

(Before you guys start judging me, he is talking about George Clooney)
13.  Who wears the pants in the relationship

Boy: “I do, or atleast she likes to give me the feeling that i do…except in malls or multiplexes where my pants are snatched away from me”

Me” Multiplexes? Are you kidding me? When did you ever agree to go to a rom-com with me?. Can i please remind you of how you tricked me into watching A-team by telling me its about a bunch of cheerleaders called the A-team

Boy” hahaha. You are so stupid sometimes you will fall for anything”

4. She is watching tv  . What is on the screen

Boy: Pfft “Reality tv” which even she knows is fake yet continues to watch it

Me:“Hello, Pretty Little Liars remember”

Boy:” Thats is also reality only na?”

Me:” I told you its about a murder that happened and a blackmailer. How the hell can that be reality?”

Boy:” I dont pay attention when you talk about the shows you watch”
15. What does she not like to eat

Boy : “Anything healthy”

16. You got to a restaurant and order a drink. What does she order

Boy: “Fresh Lime Soda..thats her definition of a ‘drink’. Sometimes Mojito or Wine if she is in the mood”

(yep thats true..FLS, Mojito, Wine)
17. Whats her size in clothing

Boy “Differs depending on which part yr talking about- Tongue in cheek”

(He doesnt know any of my clothing sizes so he thought he can get away by being cheeky)

18.  If she was collecting anything what would it be

Boy : “I dont know dude”

(He is running out of patience now)

19. Whats her favourite type of sandwich

Boy :” If you tell me its Chicken Tikka i will disown you man. There is a limit to how Punjabi you can be. Okay i think its Chicken and Ham at Subway”

(Sort of true…i like Roasted Chicken and Chicken Ham at Subway.. i care more abt the sauces)
20.If she could eat one thing everyday what would it be

Boy: “Chocolate”

(So true)
21. Whats her favourite type of music

Boy: “Frankly she is not a music person. If she was then she would listen to all that Bryan Adams and pop crap. How many questions are left”

Me” Just 3-4 dont worry”

Boy” Dont lie”

Me“Okay 7-10”

Boy” You realise im at work? .

Me ” You realise we are not going out on V day?”

(We are opposites in music. He is a total music person. He needs David Guetta and all those house music kind of people to get him going. I can dance on anything -but really i love my Shiela and Munni along with the Guetta)

23. What color are her eyes

24. Who is her best friend

Boy: “Me”
25. What is one thing you do that annoys her

Boy ” How can anything i do irritate anyone”

Me” Pleaaase”

Boy” What do you mean pleaasse. Sounds like you have a long list. Lets hear. I can only say you get annoyed cos i want t go and club too often and watch too  many of those action movies.

Me mumbling to myself “One of the many things”

Boy” I heard that”

Me “Next Question”

26. Where is she from/ Whats her heritage

Boy” Shes an angel from the sky” (Said in an exaggerated whisper voice)

Me : ” Umm LOL. ”

Boy: ” See , atleast that made you laugh. This is a dumb question. You are punjabi, your mom is from Ludhiana. You are from Delhi . What a boring answer”
27. What sport did she play in the past?

Boy” Is hopscotch counted as a sport”

(I suck at sports. I used to swim, but basketball and soccer were not my things”
28.  What can she do hours doing

Boy “Blogging”
29. Whats her special talent

Boy” Shes a dancer! Do you see now why i want to club so often?”
30. Why do you love her

Boy” Because of the answers to q1 to q29″
Boy” So how did i do? im not good at rapid fire…”
Me” Lol..This was not Bournvita Quiz Contest you know”

There it was  .Ze Boyfriend tag. I tag everyone who is in a relationship, or who is married, or who is going to be married!! Do it. Its fun to read !!!

janisj. February 14, 2012 at 8:05 am

awwww…i’m like so not for V-day but this totally melted me…i think i had a huge grin pasted on my face while reading this…both of u are adorable and here’s wishing u a blissful ahead!!!

Vanu February 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

I was smiling all thru while reading dis! U make a cute couple! BTW do ask him wats a Delhi’s gal defination!??

I thoroghly enjoyed reading it

FashionPhD February 14, 2012 at 6:24 am

Yayyiiee finallyyy :D
My boyfriend is also into the house kinda music which seldom have any lyrics and just random beats

mehak February 14, 2012 at 7:27 am

haha ! seriously…i used to tell him..can we pleaaase have music with some words please! Bt he got me hooked on to house now..not the random beats…bt the pitbull kind of stuff

Lapanika February 14, 2012 at 6:29 am

Happy valentine’s day to both of you !!! I loved reading your boy’s reactions to everything !! Lol .. loved hopskotch wala answer!!! By far , this has been the most entertaining, post on P& B !!!

anks February 14, 2012 at 6:32 am

Mjor aww…. he is head over heels in love Mehak…. hpe u guys have a great life ahead :)

namita February 14, 2012 at 6:34 am

This is super adorable Mehak!!
Good to see the Boy on pnb :) nice couple :) God Bless both of you :)

Happy Valentines Day .. :)

I loved his answer for the question..why do you love her .. lol so cute !!

corallista February 14, 2012 at 6:35 am

This was a fun read! You guys look great together, congratulations once more! When I saw the title I thought you’d done the makeup post like Cynthia did yesterday :P

Ani February 14, 2012 at 6:36 am

nice couple……………. god bless you both

Samyukta February 14, 2012 at 6:44 am

aaawwwww sooo cutteee… :D :D and you guys are sooo good together!!!! wishing you a very happy and a fun married life! :D

Shruti29 February 14, 2012 at 6:52 am

Great Couple …. superb Post….. You are one lucky girl ;) Nyways happy Valentines Day to both of you and to all who are in love :)

tanveer February 14, 2012 at 7:03 am

You both look cute together! and the survey was fun to read.. wish you both a wonderful life together :D

Priti February 14, 2012 at 7:12 am

u make a great couple Mehek!!! Cheers to you both :)

Divya February 14, 2012 at 7:26 am

Great to see you guys together… :), Love the way you have tagged him here, I must say I loved his answers more than the questions he he…. :)
God bless you guys….

Heli February 14, 2012 at 7:45 am

Haha! This is so cute! The whole conversation reminds me of my sister n brother in law..:)

Vanity February 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

oye tere wala is so funny – tongue in cheek!! typical delhi girl..huh what is that supposed to mean? oh n my v-day plans are postponed to the weekend too..hmph

Divya Priyadharshini February 14, 2012 at 8:21 am

Good to see you and your prince in the blog mehak.. God bless you with lots and lots of happiness.

parveen February 14, 2012 at 8:30 am

wish u both a happy fun filled fantabulous years ahead gal..u both rock

Rentu February 14, 2012 at 8:33 am

wow that was a great post, happy valentines Hun

Kejal February 14, 2012 at 9:29 am

Haha!! Nice post!! U both look great together!! Hope u enjoy the day or weekend whenever that happens. Very sporting of him! and U!!

prerna February 14, 2012 at 9:33 am

yay!!!!…finally we gt to see u guz together!!…n the boy is so cute ;) again!!…

and nice answers haan ..hhehe..’hw many questions are left’…well swt he actualy took the entire quiz..!

Poohkie February 14, 2012 at 10:13 am

awww!! You guys look so cute together! Congrats once again & wish you both a happy life together!!

Chetana February 14, 2012 at 10:25 am

You look cute together. Where are you Settling btw – down South?

mehak February 14, 2012 at 10:29 am

Hey of now his job has bought him to delhi…but might move to hyderabad in a couple of yrs

Chetana February 14, 2012 at 10:37 am

Oh. That’s great. All the best!!!

Shalini February 14, 2012 at 10:28 am

I couldnt stop laughing :P … “the boy” is superbly cute …

mehak February 14, 2012 at 11:37 am

Hi Shalini!! The boy is stealing my thunder now… :p
haha im so happy to see u reviewed thebalm moisturizer iv wanted one since forever!

shalini February 15, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I guess people are admiring fresh faces now … they have enough of you all over the blog :p … u can ask ‘the boy’ to pose or make special appearances in some of your posts :p just joking

Madeeha February 14, 2012 at 10:42 am

omg you guys are so cute !

Neeraj February 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Very nice…I loved the dialogues n he especially saying that ‘Delhi girls u know’ part!! LOL….nice TAG

varshini February 14, 2012 at 1:12 pm

mehak…this tag is soooo cuteeee :D
Wishing you guys a very hapy vday :)

pavani reddy February 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm

its gr8 fun reading it mehak..enjoyed it thoroughly
very cute

giggle girlie February 14, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Wow!!That was super cute mehak!!! I was smiling all the time while reading it:))And you guys make a beautiful couple!God Bless both of you with all the happiness in world and stay like this forever:))
ps:I am going to do this is super cute:)

Carol February 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Congrats ! Most appropriate post for today, quiet romantic … have a great day when ever

Tanvi February 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm

FUNNN!!! You finally did it … you guys are so cute! and “normal” <- That's a compliment! Mwah

P.S. Those three are my fav. drink too!

♡ from ©

Mehak February 14, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Haha and “Normal”….i will def take tht as a compliment..but it makes me wonder which abnormal couples yv seen….tellll i wanna know !!!

Tanvi February 15, 2012 at 6:45 pm

You know the ones who are always “coochie koo” and smiling and never fight and are just from a freak planet! Hahah .. They annoy me. I like normal, human … so much more romantic and real (:

mehak February 16, 2012 at 4:56 am

i knowwwww i so agree man….if you dont fight you are really not normal!!!! I get totalluy annoyed with those lovie dovie couples too!!!

Bhumika February 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm

That was super fun !! And you both make a great pair :)

Rima February 14, 2012 at 4:20 pm

mehak you 2 compliment each other really well!!I like the kinda fun n leg pulling stuffs u have in ur relation…Wish you both a lovely life ahead. :) :)

Vaishnavi February 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

aww…thats a very cute post!!!

VK February 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Awww! What a lovely couple! This post just made my day!! All the best for your future together Mehak!! :) :)

Kajal Couture February 14, 2012 at 10:54 pm

This was such a cute post! You both seem very happy! I think I would have a hard time getting the hubby to answer so many questions, he would say “arre, not your blog stuff again…”

Divya Sharma February 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm

How much I love you both. Mehak this was hilarious…
I loved the question – “Where is she from?” and he said…she’s an angel from the sky…hahahaha.. Happy Valentines Day to one of the mosttt fun couples I know.

Mehak February 14, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Thanks everyone..i cant reply to each of you individually, but a big huggggggg from my side…Its really cute all the comments you posted on this!!! *Muah*

Sunandha February 14, 2012 at 6:43 pm

aaaawwwww so sweet . . . you are such a cute couple.

couldn’t help smiling at the answers. . . My lil nephew was like why are you laughing at your laptop. Tell me now. :D

thePURPLEspirit February 14, 2012 at 7:28 pm

*warning: major cheesy stuff ahead*

Zomggg! First of all, lemme tell u how cute you guys look together! And awwwwww… He answered all your 30 questions with such earnestness… Here’s wishing you a lifetime of happiness together,and a fab wedding ahead. :)

shoppingaholic February 14, 2012 at 9:22 pm

You guys look perfect together!! God bless you both.

Dhanu February 15, 2012 at 5:14 am

nice pair…i enjoyed reading this post!!

swastika February 15, 2012 at 6:28 am

loved this post:)

Sharon February 15, 2012 at 7:19 am

You guys win the the title of ‘Most Adorable Couple Ever’!!!

The part about tricking you into watching the A-team made me laugh like a crazy person :P Wish you both lots of love, health and happiness both now and in the future to come! God bless!

jyoti February 15, 2012 at 10:08 am

awwww you both look so cute together. wish you all the love and luck for a wonderful life ahead. :) <3

Meenu February 15, 2012 at 10:12 am

LOL! his answers+ your comments = A treat for readers…
really laughed a lot… great post!!

Swati February 15, 2012 at 11:17 am

you guys are damn cute…wish you a very happy life ahead :)

Nidhi February 15, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Wow Mahek Awesome post! Simple questions answered nicely :) You guys look a sweet pair! Have a Romantic Valentine Date (Whenever you have it) Cheers!

Cynthia Z February 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm

That’s a cute pic …not cartoony at all :). This was a fun tag…haha….’ I will disown you” LOL. Best wishes to both of you.

ashwini February 16, 2012 at 3:26 am

aww…really cute…happy valentine’s day(belated)….

Fatema February 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Awww you two are so adorable together! I had such a fun time reading this! These are actually the best tag’s I’ve seen, and knowing the person’s better half tells you a lot about them on a deeper level.
I think I might just do this tag soon, that is, if I can blackmail him into sitting and answering all these questions attentively. Guys sure don’t have patience for this stuff :P

Pooja@IBC February 17, 2012 at 5:10 pm

So we finally get to meet ‘The Boy’ & boy we surely do approve!! You two make such a cute couple, God Bless you both with a long and very Happy Married life. :)

Manya February 17, 2012 at 6:52 pm

First of all you both look soooo cute together! :) Loved reading it!

Anisa April 22, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I know this blog is geared towards Indian women – which I’m not – but I like it a lot anyways. Been reading it for several hours. Indian women are very lucky to have the gorgeous skin tone they do. Me….I’m just pasty faced & can’t wear some of the gorgeous deeper colors that Indian women can. It’s funny how most of us wish for what we were not born with.

I also did enjoy the interview you did with your boyfriend….until he called you stupid. I gotta say, that was highly disrespectful, in any situation, for any reason. It’s not a joke in any sense. It’s just verbally abusive. There’s absolutely no excuse for any man to call the women he loves – GF, wife, mother, sister, grandmother, whatever – STUPID. That just ruined the entire interview for me, unfortunately. The day my husband calls me stupid is the day he sees me walking out the door. Then we’ll see how stupid he thinks I am when he’s trying to get me back. Good luck to him, because I wouldn’t be coming back for more of that treatment.

You are marrying this man. Take care of yourself & know that you are worth much more than any man can comprehend. If we do not expect proper treatment from the men in our lives – especially in cultures that put women on a lower level – we will not receive it. I say this because I watched, with disgust & anger, women & girls be treated like second class citizens in my husband’s country for well over a decade. Hearing a man call his wife stupid in public was commonplace. Just as your boyfriend has done here. Seeing a man hit his wife, in his own home or in public, was commonplace. It was also commonplace for people around to ignore it & to not offer any assistance to those women because they were considered the husband’s property. Please don’t continue to allow your boyfriend to say such things to you. Ever. It just gets worse as time goes by. I know because I was once married to such a man & that’s how it started before we were married. And I divorced that man 2 years later because he nearly killed me. Just please be careful & respect yourself enough to tell him ‘If you call me stupid again, you lose me’. And stick to it.

mehak April 22, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Dear Anisa,
I get where you are coming from and thats some sound advice :) But honestly i would feel offended by the stupid, if i didnt call him that back !!! We were friends before we started dating and i guess we just joke around like that a lot still..infact i would say i kinda call him tht very often which is not something im proud of..but well..its how it is. In fact one of the reasons i love my boy, is because he is the most non-chauvinistic, open -minded , and respectful man iv met.

Ofcourse that is disgusting..i will absolutely NOT tolerate any man being disrespectful even the slightest bit towards me !!!! Hitting is something that is TOTALLY out of the question!!! India is a culture that USED to be male dominated, and maybe in small town india it still is..but thankfully its not like that anymore!!!! Im so happy you got out of your bad marriage, all the best for the new one :)

mehak April 22, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Oh and…rest assured next time i get even the slightest hint of disrespect i am going to remember this comment of yours and make sure i do something about it!

Bee May 8, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Loved the tag mehak :) hope you have a great wedding & an awesome married life :D

Roli Gaur July 1, 2012 at 10:07 pm

this post randomly poped up! I am so glad it did!

you and the ‘boy’ sound really cute together!!

you can do the husband tag next valentine :P

Heena September 7, 2012 at 11:03 am

Awww…dis is sucha nice post..just saw it now..
Ye anisa to jasbaati ho gai…hehe

Heena September 7, 2012 at 11:04 am

Awww…dis is sucha nice post..just saw it now..
Ye anisa to jasbaati ho gai…hehe :p

sweetashoney September 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm

LOVE this post ! U guys make a good couple.

abhi January 1, 2013 at 7:41 pm

u guys make such a cute pair :) all the best