You know how when you know something , and you are not supposed to tell anyone else till a certain time – All you want to do is burst out with what you know?!! That is what i have been feeling since my MAC trip to Dubai in February. You saw the trip photos, and my makeover at Mac, but the real agenda of the trip was the unveiling of 4 Beauty Trends by MAC for Spring /Summer 2012 and i am ecstatic that i can finally share this information with all of you. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, i will try and put together a couple of interesting posts to get all of you super MAC-Trendy!!! But to kick off, lets start with an Introduction to 4 key Mac Trends in Spring /Summer 2012
That was the hot seat, in which Vimi Joshi carefully explained each trend!
Underlying Theme for Mac Trends S/S 2012: BEAUTY IS BACK!!!!
“After the almost androgynous look of last season (bare faces, thick brows, minimal base) , this season : Beauty is Back” said Vimi Joshi with a big beam . This season heralds the revival of a more feminine and sensual approach to makeup (Woo-hoo- I like!) -Skin that radiates a sportive, ultra luminous freshness and health tunes into the season athletic vibe ATH-ELITE. Beautifully buffed, burnished metallics give a modern name to the summer tan through ORE-INSPIRED. The romantic , soft side of makeup – almost a throwback to twenties are seen via langurous washes of colour in NOVEAU. Dynamic, urban and edgy get a new name with NEON!
1. ORE-INSPIRED TREND – Orange and Golden with a burnished Metallic Edge
Key Products for Ore Inspired Trend
- Metal X Cream Shadows in Venetian Tarnish, Rusty Metal, Fusion Gold, Vintage Coin
- Reflects Gold
- Constructivist Paint Pot, Groundwork Paint Pot
- Teddy Eye Kohl
- Modern Mandarin Blush
- Mac PRO Bronze Cream Color Base
- Coconutty Lipstick
- Coppering Eyeshadow
- Mac Cream Color Base in Pro Bronze, Pro Dusk, PRO Caramel, Improper Copper
- Terracotta Studio Finish Skin Corrector
- Coquette Eyeshadow
- Freckletone and Fresh Brew Lipsticks
2. ATH-ELITE TREND : Skin thats almost Ólympian
Key Products for Ath-elite Trend
- Prep & Prime Skin Compact
- SHine Mixing Medium
- Mineralize CHarged Gel Emulsion
- Care Blends Essential Oils
- Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation
- Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
- Fusion Gold Metal X Cream Eyeshadow
- Palladium Metal X Cream EYeshadow
- Boldly Bare Lip Pncil
- Cream Color Base in Luna, Pearl and Sepia
- Mac PRO Bone Sculpting POwder
- Mac PRO Gloss Texture Story
- Fix + Spray
- Clear Lip Glass, and Dim Lip Erase
- Smoulder Eye Kohl, Mac Blacktrack Fluidline
3. NOUV-EAU TREND : Romance, like it was in the twenties.
Key Products for Nouv-eau Trend
- Mac Eyeshadow in Kid, Moleskin, Copper Plate, Scene
- Smoulder Eye Kohl
- Cream Color Base in Bamboo, Air Force Blue, and Shell
- Mac Powder Blush in Immortal Flower, Lovecloud, Fleur Power
- Constructivist Paint Pot
- Ailver Dusk Irredescent Powder
- Scarlet Ibis Lipstick, Lady Danger Lipstick, Flamingo Lipstick
- Hot and Saucy Tendertone Lip Balm
- Burgundy Lip Pencil, Mouth Off Lip Pencil
4. NEO-N TREND : Color with Touchable Sensuality!
Love Colorblocking in Fashion? Well in beauty that tranlsates into the Neon Trend! Pops of bright color on the lips and eyes, worn with fresh plumped skin defines the neon trend. While the colors are bright and striking, the trend tried to incorporate them in a slightly subtler way than last season. Its not so much about harsh blocks of color, but using, and diffusing color to give the face an urban, modern detail!
The tarnished ruby and gold lips and mermaid green eyes at Vivienne westwood, the orange lips at Jason Wu, and the lime green highlighting at our very own Manish Arora all imbibe the Neo-N trend.
Key Products for Nouv-eau Trend
- Mac PRO Red Lip Mix, Mac PRO Orange Lip Mix
- Mac PRO Process Magenta Chromagraphic Pencil
- Mac PRO Acid Orange Pigment, Mac PRO Electric Coral Pigment, Mac PRO Chartreuse Pigment,
- Mac PRO Process Magenta Paint Stick, Genuine Orange Paint Stick
- Marine Ultra Chromagraphic Pencil
- Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil
- Florida Cremeblend Blush, Optimistic Orange Creme Blend Blush
- Pink Pigeon and Flamingo Lipstick
So Who Decides what will “trend” in Beauty this Season?
Here is how it works. Every season Mac takes a whole lot of their permanent as well as limited edition products to fashion weeks across the world (Vimi Joshi was infact coming straight from paris fashion week!) . The products are wide and very varied, and the key makeup artist/ fashion designer at the fashion show takes a call at which ones to use at his show. More often than not, these artists tend to grab similar colors and themes, and the themes that seem to dominate everyone’s choice at fashion weeks across the globe , become “Mac Trends” !
Other Photos from the Presentation
All the trends created by Vimi Joshi
The Lady Herself-Her Enthusiasm is infectious!
The uber- stylish Dubai Media waiting for the presentation to begin
Me with a lebanese Friend i made on the trip!
Stay tuned for further posts on:
- 10 ways to incorporate mac trends into everyday life
- Exclusive interview with Vimi Joshi and Tutorial on Rocking the Ore Inspired Look
- Mac Must Haves in your Makeup bag for S/S 12
- Which Mac Trend are you- A quiz!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!