Experience With Skin Brightening Treatment ….

by mehak on April 11, 2012

in Skincare

*A customer photo 20 days after the treatment- Photo taken from melanage system

Editors Note:  Sunandha wanted to share her experience with you of a treatment she underwent called “Skin lightening Treatment”. Now as a rule, i do NOT post skin lightening or fairness or whitening products reviews on Peaches & Blush. However after reading this i realised that this is NOT  a treatment for whiter or fairer skin. This  treatment gets rid of marks, dark spots  and uneven pigmentation in your skin by using Vitamin C and results in it looking more even toned and  radiant. like the photo above.  Just clarifying- i do NOT endorse whitening products.

Skin Lightening/Brightening Treatment

Experience Written by Sunandha

I never particularly had a good skin any time in my life, and lets not even go to how bad it became after the birth of my son. So I decided to skip all the cosmetics and meet a doctor.   What I liked about her was first she asked me a ton of questions to gain an indepth analysis and then told me about my skin condition. She suggested me some blood tests because according to her, when something’s wrong with your body it shows on your skin first. She then suggested some medicines of her own make, which I still continue(for skin maintenance she says).  The blood test results indicated that I had thyroid and that was the reason for my dull skin.

She suggested me two skin treatments and allowed me to choose one. By then I had some knowledge of the skin treatments and at least knew the terms. The treatments she offered were Chemical Peeling and Skin lightening. Both were to even out my complexion, and make sure i has smooth and glowing skin. I guess I was a little scared about chemical peeling, so I decided to go for Skin Lightening even though it was a lot costlier among the two.

Skin Lightening is a procedure where they use electricity in tolerable amounts to send the Vitamin C serum effectively in your skin. The vitamin C was spread on my skin and a probe was used to pass electricity with gradual increase in intensity on your skin. This helps your skin to absorb the vitamin C more effectively and faster too. I was asked to prevent going out in sun for 24 hrs and to apply sunscreen whenever I go out in the sun.

The equipment

After my treatment, I could find little improvement but the real deal is after 3 or 4 days when your skin shows the maximum progress with your skin glowing and visible  reduction of dark spots. The skin looks more even in tone, more radiant and any sort of blemishes on your face get visibly lightened and reduced. The dullness of my skin earlier was replaced by a fresher, more luminous glow and all the little makrs on my face definitely reduced. Definitely a MAJOR change in before and after. With the price so high I had decided to do the treatment once but after looking at the improvement I have decided to finish the therapy. Wish I had known about all these before my marriage. Instead of investing on facials I could have gone through one of these therapies.

Bride to be’s with skin issues definitely consult a good skin doctor way before your marriage and do a chemical peel or the skin lightening one according to your doctor for a healthy and glowing skin. But again DO IT WITH YOUR DOCTOR’S ADVICE AND NOT IN ANY SALON. The whole deal is quite pricey for me. I might end up spending 30 k  for my skin which is probably the only time am gonna spend this much, but after seeing the results i dont mind at all)

Disclaimer: Please consult a professional doctor before undergoing any treatments as such.

Manya April 12, 2012 at 12:14 am

I am suffering from hyperpigmentation problem too, i can never ever think if skipping a sunscreen at all, I have those ugly freckle on my cheeks and nose

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 12:22 am

I’ve had hyper pigmentation problems due to my exposure in the sun for yrs but after so long time I feel good.

But again, skin always needs maintenance. CTM, sunscreens are an absolute must. I am even more careful about my skin now.

Sukanya April 12, 2012 at 12:16 am

thnx for sharing Sunandhan n Mehak,
am somewhat scared of these treatments otherwise.I tried a laser hair removal procedure for a few months..it failed badly :(

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 12:26 am

My friend tried laser hair removal and she wasn’t happy too. This is my first treatment of this kind and I decided to meet the doc since nothing cud revive my skin.

But again these treatments need expertise and care. I chose this doc after my friend shared her good experience with her and a month of search online.

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 12:29 am

Thanks Mehak for posting my review. Your bridal files inspired me to post my experience coz’, I felt I would have had much more benefit if I’d have done it then. I wud have had a glowing skin with less marks.

The beautician went all natural look on my face that she decided not to even hide my acne marks :(

Tanmayee April 12, 2012 at 12:49 am

It help many people who are battling pigmentation……..great one :)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 8:04 am

Thanks Tanmayee . . .That was my intention.

Glad to be of help.

mehak April 12, 2012 at 12:51 am

yr welcome sunandha…awww :( i understand wht u mustv felt…better late thn never for discovering this right. Im sure mr.husband is also super pleased with the results…

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 8:07 am

oh yeah he is . . . :D. You are right. Better late than never.

Kejal April 12, 2012 at 12:39 am

Good post Sunanda!! This kind of information certainly helps people who spends thousands of rupees in salons and still not get good results.

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 8:09 am

Reminds me of the money I spent in the parlours where they made me believe that repeated bleach once a month will get rid of pigmentation. How green I was then . . .

Carmen Lamakeupposa April 12, 2012 at 3:18 am
ashwini April 12, 2012 at 8:56 am

hi sunandha,thanks for sharing ur experience,im a doctor too(finished mbbs and geeting a pg seat this month) and you are right, right tretment by an experienced dermatologist can make lot of difference. i suffered from acne soon after my engagement,imagine how i felt as that was first time in my life i faced acne problem,i consulted a dermatologist whom i knew and got chemical peel done and by marriage time my skin had cleared :) now i take multivitamins and antioxidants and regular ctm routine and never faced acne again(thank god). suncreen is a must,no matter what tretment u undergo and vit c makes skin more susceptible and sensitive,take good care and eat healthy :)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Yeah Ashwini. The right treatment by an experienced dermatologist can make loads of difference. I almost cudnt believe after my first treatment.

No I almost cant believe myself that I have a clear skin :)

Manu April 12, 2012 at 10:01 am

@Sunanda, Thanks for the informative article :) Pigmentation is one of my biggest problems…nobody told me about sunscreen till a few years ago. My mom has better skin at 53 than I do at 20..sigh!

@Mehak, you know it’s not bad/racist to want lighter skin. It’s just that what is less common is exotic and more sought after.. like people with whiter skin want to be all tan. What irks me is that it is only in India that whitening products claim to not only make you lighter but also more successful in life. Case in point, the Fair and Lovely ads where only “fair” women could become airhostesses or get the guy of their dreams. Now that is just despicable!

mehak April 12, 2012 at 11:55 am

Totally agree Manu. I think its a personal choice. Its just that unfortunately in india, everything comes with a whitening tag- and like u said those ads whee a guy will start loving you bcos you are white just re-inforce that color preference . Its not so much about racism but on my blog i just prefer not to mention or talk about these things bcos I feel like already too much is said about them, so i dont need to join the bandwagon even if it might be a personal preferenc.e..

Manu April 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm

True and most of these lightening products are really harmful with bleach and stuff…and they still come with the “natural” or “herbal” tag. It’s hilarious :)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Manu, Mehak . . .I have expereinced first hand how much trouble the craze for a fair skin would cause you. Mine was an arranged marriage and I know how many guys would say Sorry I was looking for someone fair :) Then it troubled me but later I started to appreciate myself and ignored those idiots.

Manu April 12, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Very true. But in a way it’s good you got to know about the narrow-mindedness of these losers before marriage itself, na? I mean imagine if you’d married one and then found out he was a total jerk ;)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm

True . . . But you will be amazed to know how many of these narrow minded jerks are in the society right now working in high positions and look sophisticate

Zahra April 12, 2012 at 10:02 am

Hi Sunandha, that was a really informative post!! Am glad your skin woes are sorted out :)…. and I hope it stays sorted!

Mehak, could you run a similar post on laser hair removal (for facial hair)?? I’ve got the kind of facial hair issue that helps my beautician project her parlour’s cash flow on…. ok, lame joke, but still, you get the picture don’t you? :D Just been too much of a sissy to go in for one mainly ‘coz I don’t have a reliable review to go by…. thanks in advance!

mehak April 12, 2012 at 11:51 am

Yess! My cousin sis gets laser done..i shall get her to write !!!!
Lol talk about hair..i dont have facial hair, but when i go for waxing i can see the parlour girls giggling to each other pointing at my leg !!!!

Neha April 12, 2012 at 10:31 am

I never thought these treatments work :)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 5:39 pm

It does work Neha . . . But again consult an experienced dermatologist.

varshini April 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Sunandha this is such an informative post….thanx so much for sharing…many of us are not aware of such treatments which actualy work :)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 8:12 pm

These treatments do work if treated after consulting with a dermatologist. And not at a salon. Many salons provide these treatments but they may not be experienced enough to treat these. Or may not even identify the issue.

Kritika April 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Great post Sunandha ! thanks for posting about your experience :) :)

Sunandha April 12, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Thanks Krithika

supriya April 12, 2012 at 11:01 pm

btw in case of hormonal ailments, try this granmas tip that my mom used to make me do any time my periods or skin went bonkers. take half teaspoon shatavari powder (easily available at most ayurvedic stores) and a generous pinch of jyeshthi madhu / mulethi powder. mix this in warm milk and drink after breakfast. it takes 2-3 months to really work, but it always works on my crazy pcos.

Sunandha April 13, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Thanks for the tip Supriya . . .

Nidhi April 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Hello Sunanda and Mehak! I have been thinking over to go to Kaya for skin lightening treatment for my hands and legs…because I failed to take care of them alongwith my face and now I feel bad about it…thrz a hell lot of difference in skin tone on ym face and hands n legs I am also thinking for upper lips hair removal..Do you have any idea of their services…Please tell me shud I opt for Kaya or not?

Sunandha April 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Not Sure Nidhi . . . I suggest before you go decide on which kaya you are going to and search for reviews and ask around. Take your time researching and deciding. Dont do this in a hurry.

aakriti July 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm

hey..i want to ask all those who say it’ exotic…it’s even exotic to have three legs or horns on your head. u ladies r wrong. itz not just exotic…itz desirable. n why is it desirable? coz slaves had dark skin and masters white-aryans, Mughals, british..see. also, tanning is easier. go out in the sun, get a tan. what about whitening? can a black person become white? NO! Can a white person become dark? YES. Tanning is a fashion fad but whitening has it’s roots in racial bias. In india, no black person is good looking even if he looks like a million bucks but any white person, even if he looks like shit, is handsome. so, don’t tell me it’s a personal preference. itz racism through and through!

purnima goswami September 6, 2014 at 3:35 pm

hi mehak and all fiends, could you please suggest a good dermatologist in delhi…i am really confused of so many doctors….getting married in november..please help and suggest friends…

if you cannot write the information here, it would be really helpful even if you can mail me on purnimagoswami83@gmail.om. OR i can provide you with my number if you any of you have any info…

Shubhangi August 9, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Hi Sunandha,

please advise which dermatologist you referred to as i’m facing the same issue and would like to visit a trusted doctor.

Please email me at shubhangi31@yahoo.com, in case you cannot post here.

priyanka mishra February 20, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Hi where u have gone for this brightening treatment ..i wanna go for it too.could u plz suggest me..