Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish Swatches

by mehak on April 17, 2012

in Lakme, Nail Products, Nailpaint, Reviews

Fast & Fabulous- sounds like a movie right ? Something with racing cars, hot girls  and guys with unbelievable bodies (like The Fast and the Furious). The stars of this movie however, are the Lakme Absolute Nail Polishes- with their  tall and rectangular bodies , their cool steel surface and a  liquidy inside!!!These namesless wonders (Lakme gave them numbers and not names) claim to set in 40 seconds flat, come with  a unique flat bristles for smoother application and promise to make your nails bright and colorful!

Lakme Absolute Nail Polish Shade #17 is a soft, dusty rose pink. Very everyday pretty and wearable, it’s a tad brighter than what the picture shows up and one of my favourite shades from this collection! I would name this “Windsor Rose” . I don’t know why the windsor came in honestly. Just has a nice ring to it.

Lakme Absolute Shade #13 is a bright tangerine orange!!! I love this- perfect for summer! I would name this ‘Citrus’.

Lakme Absolute Nail Polis Shade 08 is somewhere between a forest green and an emerald green! This looks really pretty on lighter hands! I would name this “Jealousy”

Shade # 09 has this almost duo-chromatic feel to it. Its a magenta purple- which looks more purple in the bottle than on the nails. I would name this ‘Grape Garden” .

Lakme Absolute Shade 24 is a bright fire engine red. This is definitely one of my favourite red nail polishes ever ! I would name this ‘Fire Engine’.

Overall Thoughts on these polishes:

Coats to Opaque: Two, except for Shade 09 which still looks slightly sheer after 2 coats

Application: Extremely smooth, i love the width and height of the brush. Its miles better than the previous Lakme polishes in this sense. The flat bristles really do help to make application more even

Do they Dry in 40 secs : Yes . They dry in lesser than forty seconds actually

Longevity: Not great. They don’t really chip but you can see tip wear immediately the next day after application.

Price: Rs 175/-

*Product provided by PR. Honest review. Pinky  swear.

PS: Iv been told that these do actualy have names which are written ons tickers on the side. My samples actually came without the names on the stickers…Hence the confusion

Rashmi April 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

Hey Mehak.. after I got my hands on the Fast & fabulous range I realized that I was only wearing these.. so all my other paints went outside the window ! i have 3 of the above.. need to the 09 and 17. I also have a pink (similar to what kareena wore in auntijee song :p ) from this range.. dunno the number though.. but thats also very pretty.. my fav is the ‘citrus’ one though.. very bright, very summary.. very asmi ( am i sounding like i belong to the ASMI diamonds ad :p ) hehehe..

mehak April 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hehe! Ya the orange one is relallly perfect for summer..i like the red and the dusty pink too!

Neha April 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

Love the red and orange :)

Anita April 17, 2012 at 11:04 am

I totally loved these colors in the store!! but I NEVER buy the quick dry numbers from any brand…they usually dry up in the bottle !!

Bharti April 17, 2012 at 11:10 am

The orange and the red looks nice ^_^.

Kejal April 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I like the quick drying ability of these..but I jus wish they’d have more variety in colours and finishes. I got the 09 and I seriously thought it was duo-chrome as it shows on the bottle.. But it is not :(

Mehak April 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Ya it dries almost matte na? I found that one wierd too

Kejal April 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm

yeah..not as shimmery as the bottle looks. there is a turquoise blue in the same range even thats not as shimmery as the bottle look

Tanmayee April 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm

loved the dusty pink…………somehow I do not like the silver cap….its looks flimsy and made of cheap material…..

Nivedita April 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

less than 40 seco0nds! I need those. it’s becasue I don;t like to sit through the time, I often totally avoid nail paints! The shade selection looks awesome. Don;t mind the wearing off because perhaps, I would be to finish up a bottle before it turns gooey :P

Sukanya April 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm

the shades are so summery..will check these out..40secs flat !!!! wow!!

Baronial Feminite April 17, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I liked all the colors except purple…Can you suggest me which color should I buy if I have to buy just one??

mehak April 18, 2012 at 11:11 am

I would go for either the orange one or the dusty pink oen

Pooja@IBC April 17, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Pretty pretty! Want the tangerine one now!!

corallista April 18, 2012 at 12:20 am

I like the soft pink and the red! They do have names btw, check the label on the side (the one carrying the bar code). I think the red one is called Crimson Fire!

mehak April 18, 2012 at 11:11 am

Oh they do? Why would they put the name in such a complicated place

Swapna April 18, 2012 at 12:53 am

I have never really liked Lakme Nailpolishes but the tangerine one is quite tempting. My fave nailpolish range has to from Inglot.

oliver November 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm

heya mehak i jus love your blog,i’m a crazy dude of nail polishes.
even boys like me are crazy of nail polish.
i love lakme nail polishes especially the pink,tangerine and purple colors.
i would like u to suggest me a nail polish for guys after pedicure and manicure.
do write to me girls at
hey everyone do 24 year old guys look good wearing nail polishes in public especially red and pink colors ?????