Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Foundation

by mehak on April 4, 2012

in A- Grade, Face Products, Foundation, Maybelline, Reviews

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation Review

When i hopped , skipped and jumped to the Maybelline counter at my nearby store and saw this Maybelline Liquid Mousse Foundation, i thought to myself ‘ Oh No. Its back . Be Scared..Be VERY Scared ‘ . You see, i was a victim of that evil Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation a couple of years back, which basically made my skin look like i was 60 years old (patchy, peeling, stretchy ugh!) , I still have nightmares about that one, so obviously when i saw ‘Maybelline’ and ‘ Mousse ‘in the same foundation, i just tip-toed around it , tried my best not to wake up the evil foundation , and rushed as fast as i could (*Mummyyyyyy*) ! I need not have done that though because this Liquid Mousse Foundation is  like the good older brother to the evil Matte Mousse Foundation!

Maybellineclaims: Air-whipped liquid provides airbrush finish and perfecting coverage for 100% poreless skin. Oil and fragrance free, dermatologist and allergy tested.

• Ideal for normal skin
    • Non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores
    • Safe for sensitive skin

My experience with Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation

So now that i have experienced both the Maybelline brothers (I feel so promiscuous!), i can safely say i am much more compatible with this elder one.  I actually really like this foundation!!! In terms of texture, it’s slightly thicker than your regular light foundations  – almost like melted chocolate, but the liquid is really creamy and blendable so a few dots around the face and a little hand massage is enough to ensure a nice, even coverage !! Pretty easy to work with!!

As far as coverage is concerned- it is medium, and can be built up to high if needed, so those that need that higher concealing power in their foundations will be happy with it as well.  One thing i love is how it kind of just airbrushes over my open pores, and give it a really smooth, satiny look. You guys know that i have good skin anyway, so most foundations don’t do too much for my skin, but this one i can definitely see the difference.  The finish of this Foundation is kind of semi-matte at first, but over the course of the day it becomes quite dewy and fresh. Specially on my dry skin , i love that, but if you are an oil factory and ‘shine”  bothers you , then you  may not like the fact that it makes the face a bit ‘Shiney’ (Ahuja?) after some time (Okay bad joke).

If there is anything lacking in this Maybelline foundation it is that it’s  not one of the longest lasting ones. Specially in hot summer months, and if you have oily skin, you better powder this baby or there will be a fair amount of sliding off   . If you do have oily skin, i do recommend you google some reviews of similar skin types because given that this is kind of creamy and thick, i am not very sure of how it will fare with acne prone skin. Also, there is a serious flaw in the packaging- there is no cap on top of the nozzle- which means travelling with this is a bit of a nightmare – there is going to be liquid mousse all over your vanity!!!

Left: Without Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, Right: With Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation. This gets dewy after a couple of hours…
If you have problematic skin, the after picture will be more drastic since it is heavy coverage.I have good skin anyway (*touch wood*), so foundations dont show up too much in snaps

• Medium to Heavy Coverage
  • Creamy and easily blendable texture
  • Photographs well
  • Perfect finish- semi matte to start with  but becomes dewy
  • Large number of shades available- Will definitely find a match (I got Light 4, but im more of a Medium 1 , Medium 1 was out of stock.)
  • Affordable!!
  • Can tend to slide off, specially in summer months . Specially Oily skin girls will definitely need a powder since it gets shiney.
  • No cap on the nozzle means travelling = NO NO.

Overall Verdict:  A-

Product :4.5/5 Coverage 4.5/5 Texture 5/5 Longevity 3.5/5 Value & Packaging 3.5/5 (High Value, Low Packaging)
Price: Rs 575 for 30 ml
Recommendation: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation is probably the best Maybelline Foundation i have tried till date  and in terms of value for money, i dont think you can get better than this !!!!. The coverage is solid, the texture is nice and creamy and the finish is somewhat dewy ! My only complaint with this one is that its not a foundation that stays in place for too long, specially if you live in a hot country  but i can live with that since i dont really wear this foundation outside in the sun anyway.  If you are normal to dry skin like mine, you will probably love the moisture  and dewyness you experience after a while ,  but if  you have oily/ sensitive skin you might want to test out whether this gets too oily for you after the first couple of hours.! But apart from that, i TOTALLY Recommend!

Kejal April 4, 2012 at 10:56 am

I need an easy to apply daily foundation..m def gonna try this

mehak April 4, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Yll love it kejal, i personally find it a breeze to apply!

Falak April 4, 2012 at 11:14 am

ohh..i loved the satiny finish of the cap…it feels so soft…and i liked the swatches that i had done at the mall….but i am yet to finish my loreal matt morphose….so i gave it a skip

mehak April 4, 2012 at 1:25 pm

My loreal matte morphose is another one i love…but doesnt photograph well :(

Shruti29 April 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Looks a one good foundation and I can see the evenness it created on the skin, will try it out myself :)

Shivani April 4, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Will skip it as I have combination skin!

dimpy April 4, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Hi Mehak! I tried this at the Lifestyle counter here at bangalore. Then I saw one Optical Illusion Creme Foundation in Max Factor retailing at the exact same price. As I have- dry/combination skin I gave this one a miss. You might want to try the Max Factor one, its simply superb and gives a nice dewy finish!!!

mehak April 4, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Ooh thanks dimpy will keep it in mind. Right now i want a kryolan one, for weddings and the like!

Tina April 4, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh no i have oily skin & in a city like mumbai due to humidity i tend to sweat a lot( & obviously shines like shiney Ahuja as u mentioned) so i will have to skip it….but mehek seriuosly u have a gud skin…its really luking gud on u…..XOXO

mehak April 4, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Tina. Yeah i dont know if i would wear this in Mumbai!!

Manya April 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Looks really good, just the shades seem confusing!

mehak April 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm

It goes like 1-2-3-4 and a choice between light/medium/dark . So light 1 is lightest and dark 4 is darkest..

xuvious April 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Ohhh, worth a try in winters!! :)
In summers sometimes I don’t even feel like putting on foundation because of the heat.I generally go for sheer ones.

Tanmayee April 4, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Seems to be great!! I am hearing all good about this ……hmmm, have to chk out :)

Emm April 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I will wait for some beauty with oily skin to play guinea pig first;)

Sweet&Biter April 4, 2012 at 2:58 pm

i have another complain – the shades launches in India is half the total number of shades available. Many people might fail to get their perfect shade

mehak April 4, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I know :( But now im so used to that, that i was happy tat atleast there are 7-8 shades instead of 3!

Chand April 4, 2012 at 2:58 pm

you have a great skill in making a flawless make up look. congrats….

Sukanya April 4, 2012 at 3:40 pm

seems lovely..i too had a bad bad experience with the previous mousse foundation :|

prerna April 4, 2012 at 4:23 pm

oh i was hoping ud review this one soon..i alwaz keep an eye for dewy skin foundations..

n man ur skin..!.i thnk i hv lost d count of hw many times i have complimented u on d same :p (dnt worry me no give evil eye). its great that it glows this way, and what more does a gal want with her wedding coming up!..:D

mehak April 4, 2012 at 8:49 pm

*Touch wood* Thank you. Honetsly i think its because im just very happy these days :p

prerna April 4, 2012 at 9:52 pm

ashwini April 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm

in the snapshot,u look so cute :) this foundation is definetly not for me,and not a regular user of foundation anyways..nice review.

Vaishnavi April 4, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Oh…sounds like a dream…

lapanika April 4, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Ah ! nice one :)

Neha April 4, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Mehek have you tried Maybelline Dream smooth Mousse Foundation its awsome!! Also more wedding updates please..i check your blog every four hours or so for more wedding update as my wedding planning face is over i want to relive that time again by reading your updates its so much fun to read those!!

mehak April 4, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Hahah yes neha , an update is due this weeekend in fact ! Wait for it..i really wonder what will happen once i get one will come and read my blog anymoreeeeee ***WAHHHH***_crying face !

Jan April 5, 2012 at 1:40 am

Do life-with-hub series. I am sure you will attract a lot more readers for those than beauty posts. People are always nosy and want a peek into others personal posts :P

Jan April 5, 2012 at 1:41 am

*Personal life

Nisha April 4, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I’m still wondering if I should try this foundation. :/ First I thought it would be like the matte mousse thing *shudders* so I didn’t buy it and now with summer setting in, my skin is starting to get oily again and I’m just like “ASKHSFHJKLDJK!!! What should I do?!” In winter I would have bought it in a snap. But summer makes me think.. Alot.. :(

mehak April 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Why dont you do this..try it in the store, they let you put it on your face …so do that and continue yr shopping…after about an hour and a half of shopping, notice yr skin again. if its good then buy it !

Rima April 4, 2012 at 11:27 pm

i like this foundation but i have oily skin…but i like dewy makeup and at the same time cant stand the oily look on my face…pretty odd bt this foundation coverage is nice…

roopa April 5, 2012 at 8:31 am

God! u got gorgeoous skin babe. I too have the same skin type and do understand the sin u have committed by even trying Matte Mousse foundation.
Thou I am not into makeup like u r, I was aghast looking at my face turn white, patchy and stretchy. I have not touched the glass jar after that day.
Can u blend it with the F80. I happen to be buying that chubby child in some days time.
waiting for more pics of ur wedding update. Muah..

mehak April 5, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Yup! You can blend it with anything!!! plus F80 is like <3 <3 < can blend bloody everything!!!

Sangeeta April 5, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Sounds nice. Been wanting to try it ever since I heard about it. Will be helpful to know how oily skin reacts to it.

mehak April 5, 2012 at 1:02 pm

My sister tried it she has VERY oilu and VERY acne prone skin. She wore it for a day or two, and though she didnt break out she said she felt it made her skin look slightly greasy so she stopped using. But she is very very finicky about these things, i know Cynthia from IVS has oily skin and she tried it and loved it…

Jyoti April 5, 2012 at 6:30 pm

This sounds Awesome.I quite liked the texture at the store but then Don’t really need a foundation right now so skipped. Will keep this in mind for future.thanks for reviewing :)

ankita dutta October 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

hi mahek……i hv a dark complextion… can i use dis foundation n which shade i use……………

Mimi September 2, 2016 at 1:35 am

is it better than revlon colorstay?