By Guest Writer Ashwini (Medium Skin tone, Oily and Acne Prone Skin)
Have you ever experienced a love and hate relationship with a product varying with climate? Like how my concealer and foundations blends easily in warm weather but not that easily in winter? The same happened with this particular face wash, i didn’t like it winters (that’s when I bought this) but I enjoy using this one in summers. Honestly,its better to change our skin care routine with the weather, specially for oily and acne prone skin like mine. Lets see what this face wash claims:
Pond’s introduces new skin cleansing philosophy: Black attracts Black!
New Pond’s Pure White Facial Foam is formulated with activated Carbon. This face wash with ‘Black’ Activated Carbon helps absorb and lift away the ‘Black’ dirt and impurities from skin surface and deep within pores, helping to reduce the causes of blemish to help reveal your natural looking skin.
- Contains Activated Carbon
- Easily absorbs and lifts away the “Black” impurities
- Helps to reduce the causes of blemish
- Reveals your natural pure skin
My experience: POND’S pure white deep cleansing facial foam is like lady in black ,sleek and beautiful. inside the face wash is not black ,but grey in colour. Let’s see the good and not so good points about this one.
The good points:
- Awesome packaging, not the regular white and pink kind.
- Cleans thoroughly that I can skip my toner too. It’s one of the deep cleansing face wash I have ever tried.
- Instant glow like other pond’s face washes.
- A very tiny amount needed and foams well too. Little goes a long way.
- Leaves skin feeling matte. Though I have acne prone skin,I didn’t notice any breakouts and my skin feels better with this, I guess it has some oil controlling ingredients.
- Rs.125 for 100mg is quite economical. Trust me one tube is gonna last for months.
The not so good things:
- You get Dry skin post wash. You are bound to reach for moisturiser instantly after washing with this one .Since I have oily skin this has been quite nice for me in summers but in winters. It goes without saying that this one is not for dry skin beauties. I wish pond’s had mentioned this on the tube like-‘for oily skin beauties only’
Rating : A
Price : rs.125 for 100 mg.
Recommendation: I would recommend the Ponds Deep Cleansing Facial Foam this for oily skin girls who are looking for a face wash which does its job of deep cleansing+oil control. Caution for sensitive skin though since it has activated carbon and what not(see the ingredients list). I have tried ponds white beauty one earlier but this is more concentrated and deep cleansing one I feel. From my medical college knowledge I can tell you that charcoal was used for poising cases to remove the poison from body….he he , now don’t look horrified, this must be really refined charcoal suitable for skin. Pond’s has been since ages but they still come up with innovative products, so let’s just say they know what they are doing.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!