The Body Shop Tea Tree Blotting Tissues
Guest Review by Ashwini (Medium Skin tone, Oily and Acne Prone Skin)
The Body Shop claims: Infused with tea tree oil, these tissues absorb excess oil and reduce shine in no time. A pack of blotting tissues that absorb excess oils from the skin. Each tissue is infused with tea tree oil to help control blemishes. 65 sheets
Ingredients: Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, calophyllum inophyllum seed oil, citral, leptospermum petersonil oil, citronellol, linalool, tocopherol(vit E)
Size :7.5cm(2.95 inches) * 5.4cm(2.13 inches)
No. of sheets: 65
I trust the body shop tea tree products for the summer since I have acne prone skin and tea tree oil is useful for treating blemishes, all in a natural way. This range’s toner is a skin care staple for me, so when I wanted to buy blotting tissues, this became an obvious choice. I didnt have other option since the much raved about clean and clear blotting tissues are not available in India and this had ‘tea tree oil’(I didn’t need any other reason to persuade me to try these). This is the only kind of blotting tissue I have been using since the time I discovered these.
What I like about the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Tissues:
- Packaging: sleek and compact. It just slides in to any purse or a wallet.
- Easy to use, just pull out a tissue, pat on my oily t zone…tada…
- It absorbs only the excess oil and the makeup/sunscreen underneath stays intact. My T zone might still seem just a bit shiny but when I see the blot tissue, there is much more grease on it than I had thought otherwise. So, its effective in clearing the oil and shine.
- Tea tree oil is trusted natural cure for acne and blemished skin. It feels good to know that it not only removes oil but in return helps my skin too.
- Economical rs.175 for 65 tissues is not bad considering the costs of other body shop products.
What I don’t like:
- The tissue is tiny, sometimes I need two for my whole face.
- Not enough for extremely oily or sweaty skin. It blots oil but won’t stop from re-appearance
To read a review of the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil itself- Click here.
Rating : A-
Price: Rs 175/-
Final recommendation: I have oily skin where only my t-zone gets shiny and it has helped me in keeping out that shine, thus this Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blotting Tissue a staple in my bag. I would recommend this for someone who has oily /combination skin and looking for a blotting tissue. . Once you try these, you will be hooked (I am! ). I have been re-purchasing these only cos this is the only kind available and does a decent job too. If you gals have any other suggestion,please let me know but don’t say clean and clear(I have hunted enough for these in vain). Considering the body shop is all natural and it has tea tree oil, acne prone and sensitive skin girls can give it a try without worrying.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.