Aishwarya Rai at Cannes 2012 Day 10 : In Elie Saab!

by mehak on May 26, 2012

in Celebrity, Fashion, Features

If Mrs.Aishwarya Rai Bachan drew mixed responses with her Abu Janu attire at Cannes 2012, according to me, she upped it many many levels  with this  blue Elie Saab dress. (Its me remember- Elie Saab or Marchesa : I love anything they do!!!).  While i dont love this particular color on her skin tone, for her body type i thought this was SUCH a smart dress choice to make, and out of everything shes worn till now i did like this the best . I would have much preferred it without the slightly tacky waist belt with the corsage, but im not complaining!!! I love those jewelled net sleeves, and sheer neckline!

I love the wafty feel of that train, and if i had post baby weight and was invited to Cannes 2012 (Haha, as if . But lets imagine for a minute) , i would have worn something similar to what Aishwarya wore here

Even though smokey eyes and nude lips were an obvious choice for this gown, i thought Loreal could have done better with her  makeup- it looks a tad dull. That aside, love how this dress moves!

What do you think? Love it or hate it?

*Photos Courtesy: Loreal Paris PR Team

PS: Excuse me if regular posting is slow, and the blog might look a bit flooded with Cannes 2012 pictures- i am like busy buying furniture and figuring out what the hell particle board plywood is, and whats the diff between teak wood and sheesham wood. Grown up life. It sucks!

kuheli May 26, 2012 at 12:13 pm

i personally don’t like this woman, but i think she looks stunning here..the gown is so gorgeous..and i love her eye makeup and those dark blue nails..she’s become huge, but she is still pretty..and anyways i think being a little chubby is way prettier and cooler than being size zero..

Mehak May 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I love the gown too!!

Sukanya May 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm

the gown is gorgeous..but i feel there’s something missing in the over all look..it’s not that 10 on 10 !

Mehak May 26, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Nice pair of diamond earrings?

pavani reddy May 26, 2012 at 7:44 pm

absolutely mehak…something like the ones u posted before…

shivangi May 26, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I love her here!

Tanmayee May 26, 2012 at 3:10 pm

She could have sported a brighter lippie, she is looking dull here!! The gown is flat erring her petite frame!!

Mehak May 26, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Ya I feel like the lip is too nude. Almost just blends into her skin

Pooja@IBC May 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I love her gown,beautiful color and such and ethereal sheer fabric,beautiful!!
Indian Designers take note- this is how you dress a curvy Gal-no you don’t put her in a straight jacket blouse or a gunny sack impersonating as a salwar suit!!
I love her eye makeup, guess I’m going to try that out today :D

Mehak May 26, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Exactly. I thought the first rule of curvy dressing was to avoid covering you in cloth fom face down

Parul May 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I dunno why people criticize women for putting on baby weight..its so natural and you can loose it all as well..nwaz I loved that dress and her eyes luk beautiful…n really its a much better look.

Mehak May 26, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Agree. It’s baby weight and it’s totally normal. Specially with dresses like these you can totally make it work for you…

pavani reddy May 26, 2012 at 7:44 pm

makeup is soo dull…nice gown though

Shruti May 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Guess I’m weird but I prefer this curvier version of Aish. The only wo thing wrong with this look is the clutch, IMO. BTW, great blog…I have been snooping for some time now :)

mehak May 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Hi Shruti!
Thanks, snoopers are more than welcome :) :)

Chris May 26, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I agree with you about the makeup. The lips could use some gloss or something.

sandhyaa May 26, 2012 at 9:18 pm

yeah definitely the best appearance till now…and Elie saab..they rock ! but she looks a lil washed out.
and best of luck with everything you have going on in your life !

Harshleen@BeautyTidbits May 27, 2012 at 3:20 am

The dress is gorgeous!! And I agree with you on the makeup…..overall she looks great though!

rashmi May 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

I never knew Mehak – Grown Up Life Sucks ??? … wish you all the best for the new phase in your life :D you are a wise girl ( very wise I mean ) and am sure you will handle this .

Aishwarya is looking really beautiful but yeah agree with you on makeup front .. although I have no idea about details like you mentioned :D

mehak May 27, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hehe!! Rashmi, grown up life sucks when you have to make important decisions…abhi tak decisions were limited to- which mac blush to buy…now its like which house to rent, which bed to buy etc etc!!!

rashmi May 27, 2012 at 7:09 pm

XOXO :D D: … its toughhhhhh i know baby XOX :D mavan thandiya chavannn ….. but still you are so lucky to have them within your reach ( touchwood)

Akanksha May 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Rashmi you are so right!! Maavan thandiya chaavan..My dad says this a lot whenever my mom does something especially for me :)

mehak May 28, 2012 at 6:04 pm

hehe ! thts what my dadi says ! you really realise their worth when u get married n have to do everything on yr own + balance yr work with it.

Shreyashi May 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm

OK I am way off the topic, but I can’t stop laughing at the photographer just to her right (I mean to the right side of a person who views this photo)… Looks like he is pretending the camera is a huge gun or something :D

Hey I absolutely love y0ur blog!!! And it is a GREAT buddy to make-up newbies like me! I love your write-ups too :)

mehak May 27, 2012 at 6:18 pm

HAHAHAHA now tht u pointed it out that photographer is totally funny !!!
And thanks about the blog shreyashi!!!! :) :)

Niyomi May 27, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Don’t like her too much but this is definitely one of her better choices. The dress looks great on her! Maybe a brighter lip and some earrings would have been good additions?

Fahima May 29, 2012 at 1:50 am

Wow!! I LOVE this dress! It would also look fab in a cream/nude colour. I want!!

Kejal May 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm

its her face that bothers me..thr is no glow!
I love the gown..good choice with the post baby weight.

Su July 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm

hi mehak….got across ur blog……its so amazing……great work…….I am a doctor……..can you suggest some interesting hospital wear…..I am 26…….thank you