Bridal Files: One Month to Go- Phew!

by Mehak Shahani on May 7, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

I thought i was a rather organised bride-zilla. Everything seemed to be in place- sorted. Now, suddenly  a month before the wedding i feel there is this mad scramble and no matter what i do im always two steps behind. How the hell are there a thousand things left to do, when i have been doing a thousand things since the last 6 months !!! Well for starters- i need a place to live. I move out of my cushiony pampered house with a pretty little lawn and into a cute little rented apartment. If i can find a cute little rented apartment that is…as of now, iv just seen little pigeon holes !!!

The Flat Hunting Saga

My weekends these days consist of only apartment hunting, and unfortunately since both our workplaces are at either ends of town (One in Jasola, one in Gurgaon) we need someway midway to stay.  Now I dont want a huge lavish place..i just want a nice medium sized cute little apartment  that i can do up in the way i want to!!!! Either the location sucks, or its already furnished with crappy furnishings, or the damn DDA construction doesnt make sense (Why does DDA always give the attached bathroom to the smaller room??? Are they dumb?) . Im HATTTINNGGGG it and i want to cry (i already did once much to the amusement of the boy who laughed on me), but my mom is not in town and she’s really far away in Canada and i just NEED her to come and help me with these decisions. : ( WAHHHHH. Come back mommy !!!!!

Sangeet practices

When there are a thousand things that you need to spend money on, one thing that really hurts the pocket even more is all these exorbitant Sangeet Choreographers. I toyed with the idea of getting one, and then realises- Sorry, im not willing to pay 30K on simething i can do myself (I used to choreograph a lot in my college days ). But then, i started teaching ‘ the boy’ all these difficult salsa steps and he freaked out and said that we should hire a choreographer so that he can teach him at his level!! So im back to square one. Know of any affordable sangeet choreographers???..anyone basic will do please let me know. Im not paying through my nose for like 2-3 songs of random hip shaking. I am quite excited about our ‘couple dance’ song th0ugh. We are totally not the overly lovey dovey couple, so it was important our song wasn’t sappy and sob-story types too. But  ”Tum Mile” seemed like the perfect choice- peppy, fun, with lyrics that we actually identify with!

Thats a pretty Mehendi Lehenga no?

Mehendi Outfits, and Pre-Wedding ‘Ladies Sangeet ‘Outfits

With about a month to go, i only just realised that i hadnt really put any thought as to what i wanted to wear to two really small functions- one is my mehendi which is just a small little family affair with 30 -40 people. The other is this small Ladies Sangeet type function that my moms friend wants to throw for me in about 3 weeks (How sweet of her no?????). She is actually one of my moms oldest friends, i call her maasi, and she wanted to throw an at -home punjabi style ladies sangeet with dholki, songs, fun, and food !!!! Since i didnt want to keep wearing anarkali’s to all these small functions, i asked my talented designer cousins to get something made for me. For my mehendi -i wanted a corset and a skirt, and for the sangeet its one of those jackets with skirts. Lets see, i havent seen any of those outfits till now but i have blind faith that they will be pretty!!! As for Mehendi -Wala’s i am really not fussy. Im not too fond of mehendi, i just want it to look pretty and bride- like and im kind of okay with everything else.

Ideas for Mehendi outfits

• The Half Lehenga- This is what my sister wore. Its basically like a top and a skirt that come till your knees so your legs are free for the mehendi.
  • The crinkled skirt and corset – This is what im wearing. The crinkled skirt makes it easy for you to lift it for the mehendi on the feet and the corset makes sure your arms are bare too
  • Kurti with 3/4 length churidars : Im not a big fan of the 3/4 length churidar but i recently saw the most amazing asymmetrical kurtas with these 3/4 length churidars which just seemed perfect for a Mehendi function.

A good place to  buy outfits for lesser heavier functions in Delhi

• Hauz Khaz Village is one of my favourite places to go for lighter outfits. They have a mix of really interesting designers, who can make stuff on order but also have readymade pieces that are not just your regular anarkali’s . I saw the prettiest outfit which was a pink blouse with a flared skirt and a pretty lace jacket on top. If i hadnt spent all my money on all my other outfits, it was definitely something i would have wanted!

Pre-Bridal Research

First of all, let me just say i hate beauty parlous. I just hate spending time there. Women find it relaxing but i find it a sheer waste of time and eneregy and u have no patience for facials and all!!! So Pre-bridals really scare me and iv been doing research on all these pre-bridal treatments and i dont understand why i need to go throuugh six hours of torture! Ugh! But yes, i need to book a parlour for my pre-bridal ‘ Glow’ …that should be next month sometime like 3 days before the wedding. Sigh.

Honeymoon Trousseau!

Whats a honeymoon trousseau you ask? Its a set of items you can parade around in your honeymoon, which you usually wouldnt wear in Delhi. You know- tiny shorts, cute sundresses, bikinis, kaftans, gowns the like?? I have been picking up somethings along the way, but everytime i see something super cute im like “Ill wear this in europe, bt how much will i wear this when i come back?? ” Talking about Europe, the honeymoon is all decided – London, Paris, Interlaken and Zurich is where we are off too and even though all those are terribly cliched destinations i just cannot wait. I cannot wait to get away from this madness and just have french croissant with hot chocolate in a cafe in paris !!! We are actually going to Europe on a budget, so we planned the whole thing ourselves which is another item that is also taking up a lot of my time , but i guess its more fun this way!! So far these are the things i know i HAVE to do:

• Eat in a Michelin Star Restaurant (Boy”s thing)
  • DISNEYWORLLLDDDDDDDDD in Paris (Totally my thing. If it were up to me i would honeymoon in Orlando Studios)
  • Watch the Lido Show in Paris (My thing)
  • Cruise on the Siene in Paris (My thing)
  • Gamble in a London Casino (Boy’s Thing. I shall just do the slot machine)
  • Party away in Tiger-Tiger and Movida in London (Boy’s Thing)
  • Visit the Nestle Factory in Switzerland ( My thing)
  • Sit in every quaint little European cafe i can find and order scones and Croissants and coffee
  • Visit a vintage store-just to see. They’r to expensive to buy anything anyway!!!

Anything else that are MUST DO’s in the cities iv mentioned? Ofcourse apart from the usual tourist-ey things like the Eiffel Tower or  Madame Tussauds.Anything anyone here REALLY recommends thats off the beaten path..

In other news, one of the disadvantages of having the same shoe size as your mother is that you are so used to depending on her for footwear. Ill admit it, my mom has kick-ass footwear and mine is just boring in comparison …if you were to see our shoe drawers seperately you would think mine belongs to a 60 year olf lady and hers belongs to a 21 year old Party Chick….so now that i cant dip into her stash every second day i need to make sure i have some decent pairs of my own. Basic gold sandal, Basic silver sandal, Basic Black pump, Basic nude pump, lots of ballet flats and i think im sorted!

Youngsters Party Outfits

I was sure i wanted something totally different for my youngsters (party that is thrown by bride and groom only for their friends and cousins so that they can get drunk without the parents around ) , but with time running out i had to just go and grab something that looked semi decent on me. (The boy dropped this bomb on me-”

Boy “Baby the day of the youngsters na, we have to go to the dinner-party type function my family is throwing for the elders also> Well go there before the youngsters for about an hour.!”

Me “WHAT. Why?..what am i supposed to wear for that?????

Boy”Ugh. Stop OBSESSING over clothes. Wear anything who cares”

Me “Grrr. You DO realise that i plan on wearing a nice little dress for my youngsters that will be totally innapropriate to go into your families function with, much less bend and  touch everyone’s feet in. Do you not think of such thingssSSSSS?

Me “I figured. Now what

Boy”Oho, its ok na. You will find something that will work with both functions

Yeah….its so easy for them to say that. So i went in to Forever New and bought a body con white dress. It was the only dress with an appropriate length, and i thought i can cover it up with a nice blazer or lace jacket if i want to during the dinner, and remove it for the after party.Plus i can accessorise it and dress it up or down so im semi-happy.

Phew. Next update after June 2nd-which is when that homely Ladies Sangeet thing happens. Should be able to show you some pictures from that! As of now, im planning my “Bride Entry” on the wedding day. Have i gone mad??? Am i obsessing too much? I think so. But im allowed these things…

OH, BY THE WAY!!!  Please Take a look at this wedding video below. I just happend to find it on the net somewhere and im obsessed with their wedding. Im sure the brides outfits cost more than my entire wedding budget but you knw, fun to see!

M May 7, 2012 at 10:57 pm

It’s so much fun to read these posts ! :)

M May 7, 2012 at 11:02 pm

And that video is so ‘fairytale wedding’…can see why you’re obsessed !

Sukanya May 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm

love reading these bridal post of your’s…. i wanna get married reading all these :P

Naythar May 7, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I totally went through the same thing 1 month b4 my wedding (Dec 2011). I had a year to plan my wedding and suddenly there were a million things to do 1 month b4 the big day including apartment hunting. I guess that’s normal:) Enjoy all these beautiful moments xx

mehak May 7, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I know !!! I feel like i have no time, and like the weekends are the only time i get!

swastika May 7, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Try to fit in a trip to Oxford(about an hour by bus from London) will love it’s quaint-ness..a walk along the river and meadows.. holding hands..all you need are 2 glasses and a bottle of wine..okay so now I am seriously dreaming!

mehak May 7, 2012 at 11:31 pm

OOh iv been to oxford…punting and all i did when i went from school..but defintely oxford/ cambride is on the cards…

bawa May 8, 2012 at 12:24 am

cambridge is a lot nicer!!! anyway we might be in oxford on those days and u don’t want to be running into family on ur honeymoon…

Neha May 7, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Ahhh I am loving your bridal posts Mehak!!! You are lucky you have ur sister to design ur outfits. I wore a Purple velvet corset and a Carrot colored skirt/lehnga from Globus and it worked out perfectly as girl you will scream help once the mehndi will start as my hands were jammed laying on one position. A corset will avoid the hassel of sleves and ruining ur mehndi and a lehnga kind of skirt will make you feel comfy..I am not a huge fan of 3/4 chudidars So I would go with the second option. Also as I didn’t want my mehndi to show before wedding I wore a long kurta with a side slit and a velvet lehnga underneath which helped me as I donn have to worry about dupptta while dancing and full sleves coverd my Mehndi and the side slit made it a little glamorous Exactly like Jacqueline Fernandez’s lehnga of Manish Malhotra in IIFA Show !!! Mehak good luck for your wedding I know its gonna be one of a kind and please don’t panic in any situation just enjoy that time!!! Best Wishes XX

mehak May 7, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Ooh yr outfits sound super pretty Neha!!!! Ya the thing is my mehendi is on the mrning of the engagement and my engagement gown is strappy, im a little nervous of the mehendi not chadoing enough by night bt lets see

Neha May 8, 2012 at 12:31 am

Mehak My Mehandi was in the morning and my sangeet was in the evening and it was orange in color but if you want to darken it up wear some hand socks it helps a lot!!! Good Luck

Neha May 7, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Mehak Please do try Laduree’s Macaroons in Paris, If you have a sweet tooth you will love it!!

Roli Gaur May 8, 2012 at 8:18 pm

ooh ya, do have these Mehak, even I have heard these are great!!

priyanka May 7, 2012 at 11:37 pm

aah finally the bridal files are back..was eagerly waiting for ur next post in the series :) !

Nisha Khan May 7, 2012 at 11:42 pm

it was really excited to read whats going on …

Divya May 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Awessome post Mehak

Even we are planning for a europe HM but how on earthe did you plan it in a budget ???
Plus you included all these places too?Did you like book hotels on your own or went with some travel agent??The trip to paris for 7 days is coming out to be exp from an agent how did you manage all these places?Do share the details.

Any specific shops in Hauz khas village???Or you have to search?

Looking forward to more posts from you and pics of all your functions.
You will look great.Best wishes

mehak May 7, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hi Divya…Whats your budget??? By Budget, ofcourse i dont mean cheap..Europe is shit expensive..but not like 7 Lakh budget like people hhave
We did hotels and flights all on our own…. The travelling inside europe is all through eurorail which you can get a pass made for. The hotels we booked early….

mehak May 7, 2012 at 11:59 pm

oh and Haus Khaz….its not a massive place its pretty small…start with ogaan which is slightly expensive..and then keep going ahead in a line and enter whichever shop catches your fancy. Dont go by just the designs on the racks. The designers r really good at customising..

divya g May 7, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Oh My Gosh Mehakkk,

These are my favourite posts from you of late. No you are not obsessing, in fact I am super impressed at how under control it is! Also your youngster’s party dress sounds soo cute, hope you can keep it and improvise somehow. The thing that makes me laugh the most is when you quote the boy and your conversations, it makes the two of you sound sooooo romantic. Cannot wait for the next edition and yes I am saying it again, cannot wait to see the big reveal. It is not about how much the budget was, more about how I am sure you will have picked some wow wow wow stuff.

P.S: I am from London so feel free to ask ANY questions you may have…even on stuff like public transport, how long it takes to get from a to b and moreover where to shop, if you are planning to that is. I know the boy might get a little bored but when I ever do get married, no one is stopping me from shopping!!!x x x

mehak May 7, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Oooh i will definitely be sending you an email!!! yes shopping is on the cards but really limited time!!

Divya May 8, 2012 at 12:01 am

I am not too sure how much it wud cost for europe.
But nopes we are nt at all thinking of crossing 4L.thats like way too much.

How much wud u suggest??Approx how much is enough???I guess getting it done from travel agent will just shoot up the cost.
Plus it depends on how many days you are spending.YOurs must be like 10 days.
We plan to vist max 2 places over 8 days.

mehak May 8, 2012 at 12:06 am

Hey Divya…our budget is 4 Lakhs exactl6 ..and we are covering all the cities i mentioned in it
Tickets- Qatar Airwars- 36000/- each return trip = 70000K
Hotels- We are staying in 3 star hotels like Best Western, Novotel , Holiday Inn Express which roughly cost about 8000 a night so 11 nights is 88000/- total
Thats about 1.6 lakh of budget eaten up. Left with 2.5 Lakhs for 11 days thats roughly 25000/- a day which im guessin is more than enough. See i dont plan to shop in Europe, honestly its really expensive and at best i might go to on of those parisian flea markets…so that bought down our cost significantly..Also not all meals will be lavish we will make do with Mc Donalds sometime!!!!

mehak May 8, 2012 at 12:08 am

And the travel from London-paris-switzerland is all thru eurorail…you can get a youth pass and cover 3 cities in 20K

komal May 8, 2012 at 12:12 am

I am so happy for you :)

Divya May 8, 2012 at 12:15 am

Thats like Aweeeesomeeeeeeee Mehak
That should do it for us.
You are a saviour..great thanks :)

coralcrue May 8, 2012 at 12:19 am

I really enjoyed reading this post of yours. you are so super duper organized. God be with you and give you all the energy and patience for the upcoming days.

Neha May 8, 2012 at 12:35 am

Mehak Can’t wait to see your wedding pics!!!!

akshi May 8, 2012 at 12:38 am

I can’t tell you how excited I get when I see that ‘Bridal Files’ pic on the updates in your blog. :P Totally love these posts you do!!
And about that video- OMG what a GRAND wedding that was! LOVED the editing! ^^

sophia May 8, 2012 at 12:43 am

totally loving the bridal posts yaar….u hav me wishing dat i should’ve planned my weddin in such detail….n wer do u get all the time girl…im dead tired after a day’s work n it keeps me wonderin how u manage to do so much in such less time…..anyways hope u get the cutest ever place to live …happy home hunting mehak :-)

Agnibanya May 8, 2012 at 1:04 am

I love reading the bridal posts Mehak…they are so much fun !! :))

And yea, watch a play while you’re in London…..if you like LOTR ,then that can be a good watch and a great experience..

Frances May 8, 2012 at 7:05 am

I’m so tired just reading all of this. If I were you, I’d spend the next six months in one of those hyperbaric oxygen chambers, playing Enya and eating endless pastries.

Things you must do in Paris: get ever-so-slightly inebriated and lurch arm-in-arm along the Seine; eat obscene amounts of pain au chocolat (preferably for breakfast); buy yourself a Serge Lutens perfume; spend some time in their gorgeous public gardens; museumsmuseumsmuseums; pick up some vintage clothing; have a hot chocolate at Angelina’s; Sacre-Coueur!; enjoy the graffiti.

And get an Hermes scarf. Nothing like it, delicious silky square of deliciousness. The way French women tie their scarves!

mehak May 8, 2012 at 9:26 am

HAHA Thanks Framces going to make a note of everything you mentioned!!!

Shruti May 8, 2012 at 10:16 am

Reading your Bridal Files makes me want to get married! And believe that’s quite a feat. My parents haven’t been able to do that. :D
Btw, Mili and Sid Ghosh, the guys who made the video are from my university. They did one of my friend’s wedding too. Their Vimeo channel has plenty of other wedding videos. Fun to watch but some of them are too cheesy to be taken seriously though. ;)

mehak May 14, 2012 at 11:15 am

Oooh you know these people? Really talented videographers tho i agree the others are all too cheesy/ They charge a BOMB you know..

Preetha May 8, 2012 at 10:26 am

I wish I had known ur blog before I got married..:)

Jyoti May 8, 2012 at 11:16 am

Love reading ur bridal posts Mehak. Went through the same emotions during mine. :) But its kind of fun no.Searching for a place thts gonna be ur home….exclusively. :D

Shruti29 May 8, 2012 at 11:28 am

Ahh.. I am definitely digging that lehenga.. gorgeous it is..

lissa george May 8, 2012 at 12:44 pm

your are a total madness to read.. but im loving it..;););)

Sweet&Bitter May 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm

if it were winter i would have let u snuggled inside a blanket and gave you have hot chocolate with chocolate chip and marsh mellow…

Mehek you are seriously doing amazing job….can’t want to check out all the posts after the ceremonies end up …

i have never been to Hauz khaz it really amazing?

mehak May 8, 2012 at 1:10 pm

HKV is just a nice place to go your know!!!
I love the little cafes and the boutiques there are really really nice..i like them alot!

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Designer Lehengas/sarees/suits on Rent in Delhi Call 9871472088
See our collection

Shilu May 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Wow Mehak, the lehenga is just damn awesome. Must be too expensive. :)) and glad to see ur bridal posts. always. i do repeat. ALWAYS . and pls dont get panic coz everything will fall in its place when the D day arrives. i liked the way u’ve planned every detail in advance. I wish i could have done so. be patience, calm, enjoy every moments coz they are gonna be cherished throughout ur life and be happy. Best of luck. desperately waiting to have glimpses of the wedding, sangeet and everything. U rock !!

mehak May 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Ya its an Anita Dongre :( Quite expensive

Neha May 8, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hi Mehak, came across your blog while googling some random things for my wedding (In january- its way too far even to start planning). But loved the way you have been doing all this stuff. I can so much see myself here..
EUROPE!!!!.. i alwaysssss wanted to go there for HM and thats what we were planning from last 4 yrs.. But pandit ji has to come up with his wand and doom us to i dont knw where (suggestions plzzz)…
Well for pre bridal i love splurging on parlors and facials and pedis.. But yeah, do take a sitting 1 month before ur D day, coz 3 days before wedding is quite a risk to try anything new on ur face.

And all the best, enjoy urself… waiting for ur post bridal files now :):)

lissa george May 8, 2012 at 1:58 pm
tannima May 8, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Hi mehak nice to read your this ..
If your still looking for choreographer then contact
Tarun Karanwal he is currently working as coach in delhi dancing( I go there for my dancing classes) he is into wedding choreos and all and knows salsa too
number is 9210123101
FB profile –

I am mailing you other details too.

Swati May 8, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I love interlaken!!! such a quaint little place :) with lots of chocolate chateus :D yummyy!!!

Vanu May 8, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Mehak just reading ur post is making me terrified. Ur preparing for wedding since long tym, still ur freaking.

mehak May 9, 2012 at 10:26 am

Hhahah dont be terrifed its all qite a lot of fun actually

Kejal May 8, 2012 at 4:09 pm

U r totally in control! jus keep calm! If u hav more than half a day spare in paris visit the Palace of Versailles. Its from a completely diff era, very grand place , an hour (by train) or so outside of paris.
Visit thorpe park in UK (a theme park, an hour outside london by train), u can also visit cambridge (an hour outside london), it has a very quaint small brit town feeling about it. :)
and Have lots of fun!!!

mehak May 9, 2012 at 10:25 am

Thanks Kejal. Palace of versailles is on the card for sure…iv been to thorpe park before :) it ws so much fun!!! bt since disney is on the cards this time might skip thrope

Roshni May 8, 2012 at 8:22 pm

here are some fun places to go!
paris- you have to go to laduree for macaroons. paris-le maison du chocolat. and once do check out this shopping place galleries lafayette.its the french version of a bloomingdales or somethin. damn huge n houses the french designers!sephora stores in paris as well (sephoras not in london so goo mad there!!)
Interlaken- 5 hours from there, a place called gstaad. its a little skiing village, with the matterhorn right behind you.I’d advise you book a swiss rail pass online now so you save up. don’t leave that to travel agents u can get better deals online
zurich-instead of zurich i’d advise geneve, zurich is a commercial city of the swiss people so not that great , obviously beautfiful. but try geneve. lake geneve cruise and old town tour.
London- obviously you’ll shop oxford et al, but for outlet shopping theres a one hour train to bicester village. its an outlet version of oxford street, all high street and mid level luxury brands-think topshop,zara, dkny,banan republic etc! also london- do the london eye if you want touristey stuff. day trip bath if you want to add a beach to the whole trip?also canary wharf!
switzerland you can visit boucheron- the bigggest watch store where all swiss brands are retailed. for makeup go to london- john lewis beauty hall they’ve got bobbi brown, laura mercier etc etc (selfridges and harrods beauty hall is over priced) and do visit sloane street to just see the fancy people shop get out of their bentleys and shop for thousand pound clothes at harvey nichols and what not!
cheap wear and throw shoes- primark. pretty expensive shoes- selfridges shoe hall.. pretty pretty dreses worn by kate middleton – reiss on regent street..umm what else.. u know just email me for whatever you want to know. food/shopping/fun non touristey things to do, please don’t hesistate:):)

i know this post has gotten super long but i feel i’ve gotten soooo much makeup help (i honestly knew nothing about it) from your blog that i feel i should give you whatever little advise i know ( i was born in the uk and go back there every year =) )

mehak May 8, 2012 at 8:57 pm

OMG thanks so much. Taking notes!

Kritika May 8, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Woah ! I’m gonna take a few notes too. Not that I’m getting married or going on a vacation anytime soon, but just so that I dont’ have to worry about anything later on. Hehe. One organized freak I am !

Thankyou so much Roshni :D

swastika May 9, 2012 at 10:32 am

me taking notes here too..its been forever that i am planning a Europe tour with my hubby..bookmarking this page I am!

shruti May 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Good luck with the wedding! Don’t forget to to have fun. I was too busy making sure everything was to the T and just didnt let my hair down at my own wedding. Things will mess up, but just remember the single most important thing: Its your wedding and you call the shots. Forget what everyone else is saying/doing! Duniya jaye bhaad mein :).

Also, I discovered a very strange thing that apparently ALL brides go through during the wedding time. My cycle got messed up BIG time and I freaked out. I called my friend’s mom who is a gynecologist and she said its OK and I hsould relax. LOL. But it happens because of all the stress/excitement. So just giving you a heads up on that!

mehak May 9, 2012 at 12:36 am

Haha yeah …. Duniya jae bhaadme!!! Thanks fr giving me a heads up abt that. Gosh I hope it doesn’t happen on my honeymoon

shruti May 9, 2012 at 1:34 am

Oh and I think you missed posting about a very important part of your trousseau. Sexy lingerie! LOL
No bridal trousseau is complete without those over-the-top pink Victoria Secret bags!

mehak May 9, 2012 at 10:23 am

Haha!!! Nah thats coming up actually..i still have about 40-45 days to go na!!! My mom went to Canada and got me tons of VS!!!!!

Kritika May 8, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Ooh ! All this sounds so exciting Mehak ! The next month is gonna be super hectic na, aww hang in there.
And oh oh my office is in Jasola too. Hehe.

Good luck with everything Mehak. :D

mehak May 9, 2012 at 10:24 am

Jasola. Hate that area :( its sooo far!

Kritika May 9, 2012 at 11:30 am

I know !! And there re no good places to eat or chill. Are you here or the boy?

mehak May 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Im in Gurgaon> hes there..

shraddha May 10, 2012 at 10:30 am

Hi mehak can u please suggest a good makeup artist in delhi who can travel out of station

mehak May 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm

hi Shraddha- please do a search on my blog (use the search bar on top right) for bridal makeup artist……i hae a post on bridal makeup artist in delhi

Riya May 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Dear Mehak, one gud advise i got before getting married was that the lady of the house shud preferably stay closer to her office and it really worked for me. My hubby then was staying in dwarka, myself in east delhi, my office too was in east delhi, so when hubby shifted bag and baggage, it was much easier coz as incharge of the house yu need to manage a lot more like food, laundry, maids etc etc, reaching even few minutes earlier than him count a lot. I was staying alone earlier but being together is lot more fun and brings its share of responsibilities also. ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR WEDDING. I too got married in June. xoxo

mehak May 10, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Hi Riya !! Yes , i want to stay clse too…but gurgaons so difficult for my husband..its one and a half hour one way..vasant kunj is kind of perfect because is 25 minutes from my office and about 40 minutes from his office…

Riya May 11, 2012 at 10:44 am

all the best!

Ridhima May 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Love these bridal posts!!! If you’re a fan of harry potter you have to visit the making of harry potter studio tour, it was amazing! It’s about 20 minutes outside of London. Also do bring some warm clothed not just dresses etc you never know what the weather will be like in London

Avantika May 10, 2012 at 11:10 pm

hey Mehak! I must say i have become quite a fan of your blog..i keep checking for latest posts..and honestly the bridal files are my fav, since i’ll be getting married in 6 months as well! can relate so well to everything you say…i believe i myself am quite an organised bridezilla.. ;) im done with almost all my shoping already, except for the lehenga(for which I’ll be referring to your post on bridal lehengas in delhi).. the only thing is that my wedding is in Jaipur and I am very concerned about finding the right parlour since I have NO idea about parlours there..there is Lakme/ Habib etc. but just in case do you have any suggestions??

mehak May 10, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Hmm…honestly when in a new Lakme…thats what i usually go for but give me a bit and i shall let u knwo!

shraddha May 11, 2012 at 10:29 am

hi avantika lakme salon in jaipur one which is close to MI road is a gud one

Avantika May 14, 2012 at 12:51 am

thanks Mehak and shraddha! yes that was actually the one i was betting on..but then its always better to take suggestions! will definitely check it out :)

Nez May 11, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Nooooo.. You’re going on wedding talk hiatus *sound of heartbreaking*. What are the rest of us brides-to-be going to do without your wisdom? :P No pressure though lol. But if there’s time you can take us through the last 7 days countdown. hehe :D
And we shall be waiting here like true fans for any pics :P
Don’t get overstressed and enjoy! :) Best wishes. xox

Gvagirl May 13, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Mehak I live in Geneva(past 14 yrs) and am doing a full Indian wedding here in August (to a Swiss man!) coming to India for shopping and ur blog has been super useful… I feel but obliged to give u some Europe tips in return for all ur help!

Like someone above mentioned skip Zurich and do Geneva! Make this ur hub and then go from here to interlaken (3h train), broc- Nestlé chocolate factory(2 hrs, my boy used to work there so if u want tips….!), along with broc I would recommend gruyeres for the beautiful castle and especially thermal baths- ur sitting in the middle of the mountains in a hot water spring! It’s amazing! Of course it would depend on how much time u have but all these things can be 1-2 days.

Email me if u want more info- I’m just realizing that since its already in like a month u may have already booked stuff! Still if u need ideas, travel trips here let me know!!!

mehak May 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Hii! definitely do expect an email!!! Nah we r doing eurorail passes all the way so any city is fair game as of now..Hotela r all booked on free cancellation so geneva also is on the cards!

Kiran July 3, 2012 at 4:06 am

Hi, where is that mehndi lengha from..?

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Designer Lehengas/sarees on Rent in Delhi Call 9871472088
See our collection

sneha August 11, 2013 at 8:59 am

hi mehak,
I loved your blog!
I am from Pune. Could you please recommend me some good stores in Mumbai for shopping bridal outfits (lehengas & sarees), Jewelry (artificial /real) & some western outfits too :)
Mehak, I am looking for something that is Non Blingy yet classy and Elegant for wedding.
also, Is there any chandni chowk type place in mumbai (wink)
love :)