Do you like Glitter in Your Makeup?

by Mehak Shahani on May 30, 2012

in Beauty Banter, Features

In some things yes. I love glitter nail polishes, and i love glitter eyeliners but thats it. I dont like glittery cheek products or lip products and the like!! But on the eyes, i love me some glitter. Here are two great shimmery, glittery eyelines- Colorbar Coal Mine   and Revlon Colorstay Blue Twinkle Liquid Liner

Kejal May 30, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I looove glitter in Nail polishes!. but m not a fan of it on my face

beingpretty May 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Same here glitter polishes and sometimes little on the eye..but not no not on my face! ;)

pavani reddy May 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm

same with me mehak…only glitter eye liners and polishes…

Neha May 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm

No not in makeup, maybe nail paint sometimes.. I love glitters in accessories.. neck-piece,rings, bracelets, belts, shoes <3

Sukanya May 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm

a bit on nails is ok… but no on my face
btw, i had sent you a mail last night Mehak.. pls see to it ! * makes puppy face*

Frances May 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I like it in nail polishes, in eye liners, and dabbed into the centre of the eye lid. I have the Wong Kar Wai Dance in Glitter false lashes, and I LOVE them to bits.

I hate glitter in blushes, and bases. A bit of shimmer can be quite nice, but glitter? No way, nuh uh, hells to the no etc

One of my favourite lip looks is a very matte red lip (Chanel La Fascinante), with just the tiniest bit of gold glitter in the dent in the lower lip. Very editorial, but totally wearable.

mehak May 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Ooh frances tht sounds so going to try tht glitter and red lip thing..

Frances May 30, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Do! It’s very subtle, you can only really see it when you turn. It’s also really nice with pink lipstick, and pearly/silvery shimmer. Make your lips all *smooch* :-)

Tanmayee May 30, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I like glittery nail paints :) and also eye pencils ……Thats it !!

sandhyaa May 30, 2012 at 7:03 pm

i like glittery nail-paints, eye-pencils, a lil dab in eye shadow. but i think i like sheen in my makeup rather than glitter.

Zee Bee May 30, 2012 at 7:54 pm

i like pastel shimmery eyeshadows [do suggest with names or numbers of any brand,please anyone ]…they seem to brighten my dull eyes and yes shimmery eyeliner is also great. I am searching for an olive green shimmery eyeliner. Greens seem to make my eyes bright and beautiful !

Namita May 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I only like the tiniest bit of shimmer on my cheeks..
when it comes to lipsticks and lipgloss I completely hate glitter/shimmer ;)

divya g May 31, 2012 at 5:09 am

Love shimmer to add a little glow and like a bit of glitter for a party. You’re only young once!x

Chris May 31, 2012 at 8:54 am

I like it when it’s kept to minimum. If I wear glittery shadow, I use a creme lipstick. I do love glitter eyeliners for jazzing up a look.

Vish May 31, 2012 at 4:34 pm

on nails and lips YES but on face big NOOOO

Vaishnavi June 1, 2012 at 10:28 am general! But I loved Sparkling Mauve that you review from Maybelline and ofcourse “some” glosses!! especially for an evening out!!

SweetAndBitter June 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm

completely against glitter in base and lip products…

Joan June 3, 2012 at 11:20 am

glitter just makes people sparkle, can’t take my eyes off women with glittery nail polish

chunchun September 5, 2012 at 8:10 am

I love glittery eye products.. thats about it