Guest Review by Ashwini
Do you drool over those nail arts scattered all over the blogsphere? Me too, but since I can’t seem to place even a dot properly on my nails, it’s impossible for me draw flowers, butterflies or hearts. Little bit of research led me to this stamping kit which is cute, packaged in a pink box and allows me to have pretty designs on my nails. It might seem all complex and difficult in the beginning but trust me, if you follow the instructions to every detail then you will be hooked to stamping. I’m no artist but this mani gives that ‘artistic’ touch to my nails J oh, I’m loving butterflies on my nails right now
From the website: :KONAD Stamping Nail Art is a new nail-imprinting kit that lets you put designs by stamping pre-designed images on your nails in seconds. Apply or change designs any time you want, change designs weekly, daily or as many times you want. KONAD Stamping Nail Art kit can achieve delicate details. Do it yourself in just seconds at home, at a friend’s house or bring it anywhere you desire. Kit includes:
2 Small Special Polish (5ml, white, black pearl)
1 Image Plate (m36)
1 Special Top coat
- Apply base coat or regular nail polish to nail.
- Apply konad special nail polish to desired image within the ‘plate’.
- Make the ‘scraper’ leaned over 45 degrees and scrape excessive polish off quickly and strongly from inside to outside.
- Immediately , press the ‘stamper’ with a gentle rolling motion to pick up the design.
- The image is transferred onto the ‘stamper’.
- Stamp the image on to your nail with a gentle rolling motion.
- The image will be transferred onto the nail
- Finish off with ‘top coat’
Tips and tricks:
- Clean stamp, scraper and plate with acetone based remover, after every use.
- When applying special polish to image plate, do it in one thick stroke do not apply multiple thin strokes as the polish on image plate would dried up by the time you finish.
- When scraping off excess polish with ‘scraper’, do it in a single stroke.
- Can be used to decorate accessories such as cell phones, sunglasses or whatever you can imagine.
- Stamp an image with different colours and/or designs . use your imagination and creativity.
- The image will last for loner time if a clear top coat .
- Easy to use. Chic mani done in very less time. I’m loving it!
- Can be creative and mix two designs or colours with ease.
- The scraper, stamper and polishes can be bought separately but it’s economical when bought in a kit as this works out cheaper.
- There are numerous design plates available, just check online. These can be bought from websites like urbantouch, stylecraze and others too. Usually most of the sites give discount and I think goodlife gives the max of 35% off.
- Good for beginners in nail art. This has essential things needed and later one can buy different colours konad special nail polishes and design plates. Note that the ‘special nail polish’ is not same as regular one since this is thicker and with concentrated colour.
- The individual special nail polishes which I got this kit are black and white. Basic and goes well with all colours of base. They are thich and designs come out well and opaque. Even the clear top coat is duperb,I’m using this with my regular polish too and the nail polish stays longer with this one.
- The konad website gives detailed tutorial with pictures and video. You might wanna check it out.
- Price of rs.950 is expensive but I got this one for 35% off discount.
- The special nail polishes which come with the kit dry up quickly. difficult to stamp deigns unless I’m super fast.
Rating : A-
Price: Rs 950/-
Recommendation: The Konad Stamping Nail Art Kit is fun and easy.. as it’s described, one can get ‘salon looking results in seconds’.. though I would say in few minutes than seconds. If you are wondering which konad kit to buy for beginners , I would recommend this one as out of all kits out there, this seemed to contain more products at reasonable price(I got in discount, remember). Nail art lovers may already own this with different design plates and for rest of us like me, let’s start with basics like this one ! I would be glad if someone could tell which design plate to buy next, I’m improving my skills you see .
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!