Maxfactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation
Guest Review by Ashwini (Medium Skin tone, Oily SKin)
When Mehak reviewed the Maybelline Airbrush foundation , one of the commentors mentioned this particular foundation . Though this is not my recent purchase, I thought of reviewing this to give a general idea how this one fares on my oily skin. Since its not brand new, I cant show pics of the sponge(you would be horrified if you could see) but the packaging is pretty impressive, not like any regular foundation.its a round pot with two compartments, one each for the product and sponge. Its sturdy and has sustained my travels. since many of you may not be aware of this foundation,im gonna give a detailed review. In my opinion maxfactor has max variants of foundation and not easy to keep track of all, right?
Maxfactor Miracle Touch Foundation Shades Available
Blushing beige(55) im reviewing this one
Pat McGrath (Maxfactor Makeup Artist) says: “The traditional way of applying foundation involves a lot of layering: foundation is applied first with concealer used sparingly on the areas that need it. Then, a light veil of loose powder sets the skin. As you can imagine, it takes time to layer foundation, concealer, and powder to create a perfectly even look. What’s needed is a product that creates flawless skin with speed and simplicity. Miracle Touch is that product: an innovative lightweight foundation that’s easy to apply yet delivers full coverage, eliminating all the complex layering. Miracle Touch also performs as a concealer when it’s applied to dark circles and imperfections – in the areas that need it – with the edge of the sponge.”
My experience: The last line in the claims (a flawless, fresh and incredibly smooth complexion that glows with radiance) is all true but with glitches (oh yes ,many of those). The shade I have is ‘blushing beige’ which at some point was a match but sadly not now, my outdoor postings at work is taking a toll on my skin tone. The shade is beige with pink undertones(the name says it all). Im of a medium complexion with warm undertones and oily skin. the consistency is creamy. Its light to medium coverage, since I don’t have major blemishes this is adequate for me. one with acne marks would need concealer on top of this one. Lets see in detail the good and not so good things about this one:
PRO’S of Maxfactor Miracle Touch Foundation
- The finish is smooth, light to medium coverage which is quite natural looking. On layering, it doesn’t get cakey but just blends in.
- Gives skin glow as it has fine golden shimmer which is subtle that it can be noticed only on close inspection. Good for photographs and recommended for night time use only.
- For my oily skin,this stayed put for longer time in winters but in summers, I had to touch up with powder every 2 hrs, for more read in the con’s list below.
CON’S of Maxfactor Miracle Touch Foundation
- The sponge which comes with it is not useful, it just soaks up the product , so you are left with a very tiny amount for face. It works best with a kabuki brush or a flat top stippling brush.
- Though the consistency is creamy , it sets fast so one should be quick in blending. Without moisturising, don’t even attempt as this gonna look streaky otherwise.
- I have oily skin, it gives a dewy finish but lasts just for 3-4 hours and in summers less than that, after that my t zone becomes oily and sticky. definetly not long lasting one. My sister who has dry skin used this too but she complained that it enhances dry patches and her skin became more dry with time. So you see its extremely difficult to say to which skin type it would suit.
- Not enough shade selection. The fair shades have pink undertones and the dark ones are too dark without yellow or orange undertones. The shade I got suited me well at time I got but since I have been tanned now, it looks pale on me, I cannot use it alone, a good amount of bronzing is necessary. For reference ,im medium with warm undertones and the shade ‘blushing beige’ is not working for me L . the other shades were too dark.
- Don’t let the big round pot fool you ,as the name goes, its just an illusion. You get just 11.5g. like the Maybelline bb cream, its affordable and cute but the amount is too less. You get the idea right?
Now, coming to the freebies I got with this purchase, I’ll give a brief review of each since one of them is definetly a star product
- A shiny lip balm: its colourless lip balm with lots of shine. Instant softness and shine but poor staying power,like say less than 2 hours. Nothing extraordinary. I use this on top of matte lipsticks. C
- Miracle touch cream blush in soft copper(03) : it’s a light copper with peach undertones. Its so creamy and easy to blend. Lasts for 4 to 5 hours on my oily skin and then fades evenly. Can be compared to nyx cream blushes just that these last longer on my oily skin than nyx ones. Suitable for dry,normal skin as on my oily skin it seems more shiny after 2 hrs of application. Im of medium complexion with warm undertones and this suits well, kinda warm glow.i use this underneath my cool toned pink blush and the combination is peachy pink which suits my skin. the only con is that not for oily skin gals but no harm in putting these for winter days. Wanna purchase pink shades in this. A-
- Earth spirit eyeshadow in inca bronze(108): this is golden bronze with satin finish. Easy on application since it has silky texture, no fallouts. Pigmentation could have been better but with primer the colour pops up really well.. I have oily lids and even with primer Lasts for max 4 hours after which it fades. It has finely milled golden shimmers which gives satin finish but not glittery. A good all over the lid colour for indian outfits B+
Rating : B+
Price : rs. 590 for 11.5g
Final recommendation: I have love-hate relationship with thisMaxfactor Miracle Touch Foundation, all I can say is it may suit oily to combination skin (if you can get your shade match),and those looking for light weight, natural looking finish which photographs well. However it wont give a matte finish nor tolerate extreme hot weather and sweating. Just one tip-moisturise and moisturise, then it blends like dream and gives a nice healthy glow. The only way this works for me is that it’s a good one for evenings and photographs and I wont re-purchase this again as there is no shade matching for me!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!