Outfit Of the Day: Indian

by mehak on May 5, 2012

in Fashion

One of the most annoying things about getting married is that you cannot touch your trousseau suits. One of my really close friends got married recently and no kidding, i had nothing to wear for her functions. Everything was in that damned trousseau . But this  time, I convinced that mommy of mine that unless she wants her daughter to parade in her friend’s wedding wearing a little black dress, it’s better that i break into that trousseau and take something out. So I did, and I wore this green and blue anarkali for her engagement. Unfortunately the pictures didnt capture the prettiest part of the anarkali which is the dupatta with heavy kundan work all over, but you can see the rest of it anyway..

The flash made our faces look a bit too bright!

That next to me is another one of my closest friends- Esha ! Isnt her suit super pretty ? I think hers was an anarkali as well- i loved the net sleeves with the red embroidery coming on top!!!

The reason im wearing flat juttis with an anarkali- because tall girls look like giants in heels and tower above their boyfriends. So we need to always be in flats (Its something i HATE, all the pretty shoes have heels that i cant carry off!)

The breakdown

Blue and Green Anarkali : Marwari Studio in DLF Mega Mall and Hauz Khaz(Rs 12K i think)

Earrings with Pearls: mom

Red Clutch: Mom’s …this is such an old clutch- she got it when she got married 25 years ago!

Anarkali’s may be overdone, but i love them. Specially the extra dramatic sweeping length till floor ones. I have a deep purple one in my trousseau which has a cut out back that’s also from the same place and i adore it!.

In other news today, i had a bit of  a rude reality check. Up until now the wedding has been all fun and games and shopping and what not. Today i went in search for our future flat to stay in, and uhh…i think i need to re set my expectations. Everything just looked so dull and dreary and depressing i wanted to cry!! I am not even someone whose high maintainance but can you please just me a nice airy flat that is clean and has nice bathrooms and a decent kitchen that is not exorbitant! Sigh!

Nisha Khan May 5, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Hi mehak,
No doubt this anarkali is looking gorgeous but i find it little expensive..

mehak May 6, 2012 at 12:21 am

HI Nisha …yup it is :( But the anarkali is till the floor almost …atleast thats what the designer told me to convine me!

tannima May 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Wow Mehak you look sooo Good in this…
pretty suit…

Sophia May 5, 2012 at 11:47 pm

u look pretty in ethnic wear Mehak :-) loved ur friends outfit too…..

Giggle girlie May 5, 2012 at 11:55 pm

You are looking gorgeous!!work in front of anarkLi and on duppata is awesome..loved it!!!!

Neha May 6, 2012 at 12:01 am

Looking pretty Mehak…your suit looks nice!!! More wedding update please>

Sukanya May 6, 2012 at 12:03 am

the anarkali is really fab n thw whole blue green combo is something i absolutely love. kal ya parsu while surfing channels randomly i saw one girl (preparing for her mehendi or sangeet) wore a navy blue anarkali..n it was so gorgeous ! I was still in awe of it n you post this beautiful piece ! Kash the price was slashed down 10K more..i would have bugged you with mails to get one for me :P

mehak May 6, 2012 at 12:22 am

hahaha 10 K more even i wish..i wouldv picked uo 10 of them!

Sukanya May 6, 2012 at 10:31 pm

LOL ! indeed so ! such a gorgeous ensemble !!!! *sighs*

Akshi May 6, 2012 at 12:04 am

Wow that anarkali suit looks soooo gorgeous!!
I myself love anarkali suits but I look super short in them! :(

Vanity May 6, 2012 at 12:08 am

you hate d fact you can’t wear heels bcoz ur tall? you have inbuilt heels girl..come on! ask me who hates heels but NEEDS them! the grass on d other side is always greener

mehak May 6, 2012 at 12:21 am

i know but i die to wear heels- and i cant…and thr r no options in mid heel like 2 inches heel types..

madeeha May 6, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Im 5.8 and I totally agree with you we tall girls got the short end when it comes to footwear !! Love the outfit especially your hairstyle looks really nice

mehak May 6, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I klnow right…nobody understands they say you should be happy yr tall/…my point is…shorter girls can wear amazingly stunning heels and look as tall as me, but my footwear is limited to a maximum of 2 inches which basically means ballet flats or wierd aunty type shoes.

madeeha May 6, 2012 at 8:49 pm

hahah No one understands us tall girls ….no one

butterfly May 6, 2012 at 12:12 am

nice suit u wearing.. n i think its worth it.. n the duppatta looks nice too n also the color combination..

Manya May 6, 2012 at 12:22 am

Nice gorgeous outfit! I loved the work done in your outfit!

Vish May 6, 2012 at 12:24 am

gorgeousssssssss loved your style so much

M May 6, 2012 at 12:47 am

Totally get what you said about tall girls and heels. I like your hair in the pics !

coralcrue May 6, 2012 at 1:17 am

you look like a princess in that gorgeous peacocky dress. gorgeous, indeed! glad you got to wear it finally. what’s the point having such gorgeous dresses and having to wait :) also loved your makeup and hair. picture perfect. also loved the work on the dupatta. liked the flats too. nice that you are tall. you are all ready for that wedding :)

Magali May 6, 2012 at 1:39 am

Great looking Anarkali Mehak…
About your home, just be a little patient… because in the end I am quite sure you will get something you love! :)

mehak May 6, 2012 at 9:15 am

I hope so :(

Pooja@IBC May 6, 2012 at 1:42 am

Ooooh you are looking like and adorable doll in that Anarkali Mehak, serious Go thank you Mum for such an amazing selection for your trousseau. That blue & green sweeping anarkali is just goregous!! BTW good luck house hunting in Gurgaon, its quite a task.BTW drop me a line I think I might be able to suggest some great apartments in phase 5

mehak May 6, 2012 at 9:14 am

Hi Pooja,
Gurgaon wouldd not have been a aproblem since my home is here also. We are looking fr something in Vasant Kunj and everything with that DDA construction is just depressing :(

Vanu May 6, 2012 at 4:20 pm

baki ka comment vl be niche… bt u want a home in Vasant kunj. a friend of mine lives der. lemme bug him.

Pooja@IBC May 6, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Aww that DDA construction is plain awful, are you guys sure about VK, what’s with the security issue and stuff in some of their sectors…

mehak May 6, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Problem is…his office is near Jasola…ahead of okhla and gurgaon is REALLY difficult for him. On top of tht mine is gurgaon …so is like two ends

Swati May 7, 2012 at 4:57 am

did you check out places near saket???? not very far from okhla or ggn…of course, for ggn, you gotta get a metro or drive!!!

mehak May 7, 2012 at 10:26 am

my office does cabs for us so theyr nice that way..ya saket is a definite option lets see

Heli May 6, 2012 at 7:33 am

Hey Mehak you look very pretty. Your outfit is too gorgeous:) I am aware about this not wearing the stuff from trousseau, my sister recently got married.. It’s quite irritating.. You have to buy all the pretty stuff and thn pack them away..

Sangeeta May 6, 2012 at 9:40 am

Totally loving this post and the dress!

Sukanya May 6, 2012 at 9:47 am

you lookin soooo pretty mehak! u cud actually end up going to ur shaadi mandap this way n still luk like ‘the’ bride!! :D n yea house hunting sucks :/ in mumbai one cant get a bachelor’s pad for less than a bomb! no pint in even discussing about a home for married folks! but surprisingly rented out flats are easier to get for couples :/

mehak May 6, 2012 at 10:07 am

You know what sukanya…i stayed in mumbai and though affordability is an issue, the flats were well maintained and stuff. Here everything im seeing is like …ugh old dusty and unliveable

shivangi May 6, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love the dupatta, find it worth the price!I know the apartment hunt can be depressing, but dont worry, you’ll get a nice place :D. cheer up!

komal May 6, 2012 at 11:53 am

You look so lovely and I hate flashes too !! How tall are you rey ? It must really irritate you that you can only wear kitten heels :(. I have to wear high heels because everyone else is taller !!

Ishita May 6, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Hye Mahek.. u looking soo pretty and the anarkali is gorgeous.. :D btw whats ur height? am short and I always want to join the league f tall girls :(

Mehak May 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Hi Ishita, im aroun 5″7 ..which is not that talll but my bf is 5″9 so i dont like wearing more than 2 inches heels

Ishita May 6, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Hehe 5″7 is pretty tall yaa :)

Shruti May 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Gorgeous suit! The work looks lovely on the bright colours. Love it! Your hair looks nice too. Did you get it done professionally or did you do it yourself?

Mehak May 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Na na ! I dont know how to do anything with my hair except scrunch, or sometimes curl them. Got a blow dry from the parlour an told them to curl outwards!

Shruti29 May 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm

OMG.. I want that Anarkali… ;)

Dhara May 6, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Wowwiee you look soo pretty…I love anarkalis soo much but dont own a single one..they tend to make me look…uhh..fat x_x

Vanu May 6, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Mehak ur suit just took my breath away..bt when i read dat price tag, my breath came back!!PJ.. pssst….. ur suit is better dan ur friend’s

Frances May 6, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I love that suit! Wonderful colour combination and I love the way the sleeves come up to the knuckle, so dainty. The hair is looking fabulous, by the way.

Oh, I so feel your pain about being tall. I’m 5’10” in a Southeast Asian country, where there are NO tall people, and unless I want to look like Sasquatch Unleashed, my footwear choices are limited to ‘Hideous Orthopaedic Monstrosity’ and ‘Maths Teacher Stuck in 80s Time Warp’. Fortunately, my best friends are both about 5’9”. Sometimes we partner up and fight crime through cases assigned to us via speakerphone by a mysterious man named Cha- ……. I might be getting things mixed up.

Mehak May 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm

HAHAHAHA you crack me up Frances…do you think you can use another angel in the mix?

Maliha May 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

OMG You look soo pretty. The colours suit you really well. You should do more OOTD posts!

jasleen May 6, 2012 at 7:44 pm

firstly, you’re looking gorgeous! <3
and secondly, best of luck for the house hunting! :) hope u find a super cool house soon, so that u can use all the pinterest ideas ! :)

Tanmayee May 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm

lovely suit, great color combination and pretty you ……….. and you now what, I am short 5 feet, but I like to wear flats but I always cannot wear them………I envy taller girls :)………they can wear flats and I feel it is more chic and comfortable :)

sandhyaa May 7, 2012 at 12:07 am

so gorgeous color on you ! loved your suit.
and house hunting in delhi….ASk me ..its a nightmare ! have gone through that whole process twice in last 1 yr. ..brokers and landlords..! it was worse for me…unmarried working young girls…landlords ask you stupid weird questions. read about it here >> http://5wall.blogspot.in/2011/01/to-let.html
i wish you find your sweet cute home soon. which area you prefer? may be i can help.. if its in south delhi.

mehak May 7, 2012 at 12:09 am

We r looking at Vasant Kunj for now!

Nivi May 7, 2012 at 12:16 am

You look amazing! :D
I love anarkalis but have never worn mine since I live abroad…Anyways my longed sleeved ones are too long for my arms! do have that problem too? how do I fix this?

Nivi

Sweet&Bitter May 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm

one – u are luking amazing!! loved the color combo and kundan work.

two – I have complete sympathy for u for that house thing. In Blore and Mumbai the cost is high but you get nice flat with good bathrooms with tubs and all and a nice kitchen but in Delhi its really sad. At least u have ur parents to help you out with setting up the house..

three – perfect part about the post – the 25 year old clutch. You must thank your mom and should not crib that she doesn’t allow u to touch the trousseau suits.

mehak May 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm

:( I know i went flat hunting in MUmbai and it ws much better!!!
I know i need to thank my mom fr tht clutch!

Riya May 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Mehak yu luk really nice and well put together, earrings, suit and hair are to die for, ur mojris also luk nice. Searching for one such myself.

pavani reddy May 8, 2012 at 3:11 am

that combo is awesome…very beautiful suit….looking great mehak…

Kejal May 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm

You look adorable!! the whole look is well put together! Whats the lippie u r wearing?
Aww..I hope u get a good flat soon!

mehak May 8, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I think it was Mac MochA + Mabelline totally toffee lipgloss

Rima May 9, 2012 at 11:06 am

WOW gorgeous!!!

i love the whole look,your simple makeup brilliantly complements the anarkali.The brilliant blue colour,the intricate zari work and the net…your anarkali is just too beautiful!!!wish i could get one like that….bt the price had to be slashed down to 2k!!even your frnd’s anarkali looks amazing,i loved the work on the sleeves!!!

mehak May 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Aww thanks Rima !!

Mishi May 16, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Love the colors!! You look ravishing..

Tanvi May 27, 2012 at 12:41 am
sakhi July 8, 2012 at 4:26 pm

This anarkali is so pretty

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:41 pm
Preeti December 13, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Hello Mehek,
I just recently started following your blogs and I am so so loving each and every blog… I was just looking out for such anarkali’s for my cousin’s wedding. If you could just help find some good stores/shops in Delhi where in I can get good anarkali’s at a reasonable price then that would be really helpful..!!

Saumya.. October 1, 2013 at 2:07 am

Where to get such mojris?

Shireen November 8, 2013 at 11:08 am

Your anarkali suit looks really really pretty and I did give a close look to he dupatta to spot the kundan work. You rock every look Mehak – be it ethnic or western!