Sonam Kapoor at Cannes 2012 : Alexander Mc Queen

by mehak on May 27, 2012

in Celebrity, Fashion, Features

Sonam Kapoor at Cannes 2012 Closing Ceremony: Red Carpet

One word. Dissapointed.

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate this,  infact the gown is fabulous in a dark , mysterious sort of way but its dissapointing on Sonam

I feel like sometimes Sonam Kapoor  goes so hard at the whole ‘high fashion’thing she kind of forgets  that simple can be amazing too and what is amazing as a piece might not be what would look great on her and i think Cannes 2012 was one of those times. Sure that Alexander Mc Queen gown is all about drama and flair and mystery , but on Sonam it  just ends up looking Morticia-ious to me !!! Is it just me or do you want Sonam to just let that hair flow down, show off those arms in a strapless gown in a stunning, young, fresh color with fun girly makeup??? Something thats flirty, and pretty , and young and still fashion forward- something that Eva Longoria or Mila Kunis tend to wear!? I do have to hand it to Sonam for taking risks, but this at Cannes 2012 failed according to me- it just didnt seem ‘Sonam ‘ to me !!!!

To add to my woes the black pumps just seemed boring for a dress thats so edgy and while the red pout looked great on her the entire look just didnt come together for me. It was the case of an edgy dress wearing Sonam, rather than Sonam wearing an edgy dress.

To see what Sonam wore last year for Cannes go here- Sonam Kapoor at Cannes 2011

Sonam Kapoor pictures from

Giggle girlie May 27, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I agree this ‘high fashion’ thing ruins it for her at times…disappointing !

Parul May 27, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Pooja@IBC May 27, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Urgh this whole Frankenstein’s bride look isn’t cutting for me either, come on Sonam dress your age and splash on some color

mehak May 27, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I know right. I really just want to see her be young and fun !!!

Vanity May 27, 2012 at 11:50 pm

*jaw dropped* what-has-she-done?

Embellished May 28, 2012 at 12:12 am

I wish she had done something different with her hair. Darker? Little messier?

pavani reddy May 28, 2012 at 12:49 am

this look cud be better for sure….whats with all these worse hairstyles???

M May 28, 2012 at 1:53 am

Lol all she needs is a broomstick and a black pointy hat to complete the look ! :P

Frances May 28, 2012 at 8:16 am

I’ve never been that keen on Sonam’s style, not because her clothes aren’t great (they are), but because she is so….. literal. She’ll see a gorgeous dress, and she’ll wear it exactly as it was styled for the runway or photoshoot. She rarely puts her own spin on things, and that to me, is the distinction between having great style, and being a very attractive mannequin.

BUTTTT, she takes chances and shakes things up where most of her peers stick to sequinned scuba suits, so mad props to her for that. And she’s young and beautiful, with a sample size figure, so why NOT experiment as much as possible? I do think her style will mature into something special in the years to come.

This dress in particular: I think she’s too young for it, it needs someone with a bit more “presence”; and the skirt needs a crinoline or some kind of frame underneath to really show it off. Also, it’d be more appropriate for a nighttime event. And I’d shake up the hair and makeup.

She looked really lovely last year: young, edgy, and her hair and makeup was fab.

God, that was a long comment.

mehak May 28, 2012 at 9:46 am

Totally agree frances !!! She doesnt put her own spin on things- everything seems straight off the runway!

shivangi May 28, 2012 at 9:40 am

I am so disappointed! she is failing so many times!

philamazan May 28, 2012 at 11:31 am

yea…true….i like her but she over does it at times….

prerna May 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm

omg..such a depressin outfit!. n glad u think so too..thought i was the only one who thought that she tries too hard to be diffrnt n a fashionista smtimz even if it ends up makin her luk ghastly.

god i realy wunder smtimes if these clebrites forget to look into the mirrot before steppin out…phew

Aman May 29, 2012 at 11:07 am

Disappointing… The hair , makeup and the dress… jus doesn’t suit her

Sweet&Bitter May 29, 2012 at 3:58 pm

one question – what was she thinking?

even her cow blouse outfit was better than this….not suitable for cannes but better!