The Lust List: Glitter, Mint, Ruffles

by mehak on May 14, 2012

in Features, Lust list

May 2012. Just a little over a month to go for D- Day and possibly the busiest iv ever been in my life (If you see lack of posts written by me please understand that im either hunting for apartments, or shopping for furniture, or doing last minute things). By the way – congratulations to me, i found a nice flat!! Yayiee! SO excited to do it up in my own way. I dont care what the boy is saying- there are going to be glittery cushions in the drawing room (he just doesnt understand cushions by the way- he says they waste space, and they just sit on our sofas without any use. DUMB.) . I am going to make my drawing area turquoise and beige- with gold accents. Colors of the sea, you see! While i go and draw up some other ideas for the living room (most of which i post here) , here are some other lust-worthy items !!!

1. Ruffled cream dress: Very prom-queen esque, but i love it. I would love to wear something like that for my youngsters except the boy hates ruffles, he hates floral prints, he hates glitter. Hmm…keeping that aside, adore the ruffles
  2. The perfect pink glitter nail polish: I have no idea what polish this is unfortunately but,…I die !!!! I NEEEED that nail polish . Please makeup god, help me find one like that!
  3. Mint Green Net Saree!!: I want NOW ! I saw the prettiest mint green at ‘CHarming ‘in Ambience Mall Gurgaon the other day, but i refrained myself because i already own more sarees than i can ever hope to wear!
  4. Because the perfect dress, needs perfect shoes :  If  i could wear heels, and i could have  magical way of figuring out where those shoes were from, id buy them in a heartbeat. Glitter + florals+ lace in one shoe?? Are you kidding me
  5. Mac Impassioned Lipglass: I CANNOT wait for the Mac Lips and Tips Collection to be out soon!!! The Impassioned lipglass is perfect for people like me, who are slightly afraid by the neon-ness of impassioned and want a sheerer way of wearing it!

Those are all the pretty things for today, Until then toodles!! * Air kiss*

Kejal May 14, 2012 at 12:27 am

yeaaay! on the flat!!!! and swoooon on ur list list!!
Kejal recently posted..Happy birthday!!My Profile

Kejal May 14, 2012 at 12:27 am

*lust List!! ok…gnite now!..need sleep!!
Kejal recently posted..Happy birthday!!My Profile

mehak May 14, 2012 at 12:36 am

Good night… me too need sleep :(

Sukanya May 14, 2012 at 12:34 am

the ruffled cream dress is really cute, n the mint net saree is now going to my wish list <3
the colors of sea idea is interesting ! turqoise n beige r great shades in terms of indoors. (yep, once upon a time i dreamt of being an interior designer n had this scrap book kinda thing…. :sigh: )
Sukanya recently posted..NYX Ten Color Eye Shadow Palette (Runway Collection) Strike a Pose- Review & SwatchesMy Profile

mehak May 14, 2012 at 12:35 am

I still have those dreams of being an interior decorator..

Ankita May 14, 2012 at 1:13 am

hey!
Zoya ‘astra’ and ‘nova’ are close to the nail paint in yr lust list,I’m not sure about its availability though…

(** yu’ve a lovely blog! :) **)

Mehak May 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

Thanks Ankita! ooh astra and nova you say,..let me google some swatches

pavani reddy May 14, 2012 at 8:09 am

congos for the flat…n i m so excited for ur wedding that my friends sometimes remind me that wedding is urs and not mine heheehe…i love ur lust lists…that mint saree is something i must get…i will get it DIY ed with some changes by the tailor….i m cheap i know!!!!
pavani reddy recently posted..LETS SHARE NAIL ART CHALLENGE Day 3 (SWEETS, TOFFEES, CAKES, ICE CREAMS ETC).My Profile

Mehak May 14, 2012 at 10:50 am

Haha im cheap too..going to go and buy some net fabric. You wont believe how much of DIY my outfits are..my gown i bought from suneet verma but then bought lace seperately, gave it to the tailor to add a dupatta to it ad my lehenga, i bought from frontier but then went to kinari bazaar and bought some borders to ADD to the dupatta..

pavani reddy May 14, 2012 at 12:39 pm

hehe…same with me mehak…my mom knows a little bit of tailoring so i too mostly do DIY outfits…my graduation is on 31st and for the saree,i took an inspiration pic and just copied it…3 colurs of benaras cloths patched up side-side for the one half-of saree and plain net cloth for other half then whole saree lined with a small border…voila i have my 2500rs saree….i saw in the store for 6000/-

prerna May 14, 2012 at 9:53 am

congrats for ur flat!!!..i knw it must be an awesome feeling to do up ur place ur own way na..so nice…love love glitter too n glittery cushions <3
n dis time its evrytn ur lust list im lustin after..i also want d d impassiond lip galss..n the dress n shoes n saree..wow..!!

Mehak May 14, 2012 at 10:51 am

Impassioned lipglass is super pretty no? The lipstick is stunning too but its a bit to neon for me, so the lipglass is perfect…dunno when theyll launch it in india though.

mehak May 14, 2012 at 11:09 am

oh and thanks abt the flat..well its rented so not really my own..but yknow how sometimes you just get that feeling like ‘this is it’ when you see something..after so much searching …thats wht i got with this one so im pretty excited!

prerna May 15, 2012 at 12:59 pm

i knw..lipstick i wnt b able to carry off either..but this lipglass esp in summer would b awesome!..n ya i understand abt d rented thing (been livin in rentd places til lik 2 yrs back!) bt still palce is a place..n wid ur married life starting and ur personal tuch it , it would definitly be great!

Himani May 14, 2012 at 11:21 am

Hi mehak, if you want cushions for your drawing room,I have my shop in chandni chowk,we will give u at reasonable price.if you visit that area pls.come.i will b very glad to meet you.

mehak May 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Hi Himani,
Can you give me the shop name pleasE? Would love to visit!!

Himani May 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm

SHREE VRINDAVAN HANDLOOM its in cloth market.U can also get wedding begging sets also if u havent buy yet for the marraige.phone no is 011-23956423.u helped me getting my makeup at my wedding so i wanted to tell anythng from my side.

mehak May 14, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Thanks Himani :)
Will try and drop in , or give u a call!

Himani May 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Sorry its Bedding not begging

M May 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm

For the nails…you can paint your nails pink and immediately dip them into glitter of the same colour, then add a top coat…a bit messy but an easy way to get that kind of nails. I tried it a few days back and liked it.

Vish May 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm

me droooling over the pics

also hearty congratulations fr both d-day and the apartment :P

by the way wats ur height mehak?
Vish recently posted..Funday Looks ~ Side Hair with TwistsMy Profile

mehak May 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm

5.7″ … :)

dimpy May 14, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hi Mehak!! There may be one dupe for Impassioned lipglass…Chambor Glitzy gloss in 615..I always use this over Mac Imapssioned lipstick for one helluva bright lip color!! ;)

mehak May 14, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Ooooh thanks dumpy will def check it out!

Pooja@IBC May 14, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Conratsss! on the flat that’s such a huge thing off the To Do list!! You’ll have a great time doing up your place! BTW even I’m so totally waiting for the Lips & tips collection Imapssioned and Morange I hope to wear as glosses as lipsticks they just look too neon for me :P

mehak May 14, 2012 at 11:25 pm

And guess what…we chucked VK and settled on Gurgaon. Im so relieved honestly…i wasnt getting a nice feeling with those DDA flats…boy has to travel a lot but my office is like 30 seconds away so yay!

prerna May 15, 2012 at 1:01 pm

ha ur stayin ur gurgaon too!..great.me too..yes i suppose its easier to get a paldce here..bt wel expensive man evrytn is gettn!

Blossom May 15, 2012 at 1:18 am

Love the shoes… they are so pretty!! :)
Blossom recently posted..Tutorial: Easy peasy way to draw heartsMy Profile

shivangi May 15, 2012 at 9:22 am

I love the NP nd the shoes! I am waiting for Russian Red NP too!

Vaishnavi May 17, 2012 at 10:16 am

i went and died…love the nail color!!
Vaishnavi recently posted..Weekend Temptations – 2My Profile

pooja May 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm

the shoes are most probably Christian Louboutins. ;]

mehak May 21, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I thought so earlier but couldnt find them anywhere being mentioned as louboutins…

Roli Gaur May 23, 2012 at 12:38 pm

congratulations on the flat!!

<3 thoes heels!!!!