Bridal Files : 5 Days Left – All My Bags are Packed, Im Ready to Go!

by mehak on June 19, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

And there are a LOT of bags. At least 2 bags are full of some sort of packaging material (Ask the mother- apparently we need gift trays for EVERYTHING. Who knew) . But anyway, my flight takes off  tommorow morning so i shall be in the city of Biryani by about 12  noon on 20th June!!! I have one last day today to tie up all loose ends!

Pre Bridal Beauty Ritual

The Mother went all out yesterdat and almost pinned me down to ensure she did her pre- bridal beauty ritual for me.This is what she did:

• Put tomato on me to remove tan
  • Mixed Milk with Whole grain bread and scrubbed all of my body with it (This made my skin SO soft)
  • Mixed Haldi and Besan and Nimbu and Curd and made a paste of it, let it dry on me and scrubbed it off (This made me glow!)

After she was sufficiently pleased, i headed to the parlour for some deforestation and my favourite Casmara Facial. Seriously, if your parlour has a ‘Casmara Facial’ then please go do it, its amazing. They put this black gel film on you, and once they remove it you think ‘Whats the big deal??’. But you wake up the next morning to fabulously glowing skin. Im not even a facial person – i think iv had a grand total of 3 done in my life, but i love this one.

Last Day Before Heading to Hyd: Spa, Girl Time, and a Crazy Sister

My cute little sister is taking me to the Spa at the Leela today. We are doing steam /sauna and then spa there followed by a lunch and some shopping. Perfect way to spend the day with the sister before a the craziness of Hyderabad begins !!!

Oh , talking about the sister- she is certified crazy. Yesterday i went to her room, and saw her diligently and seriously writing something down in a little black book. I didn’t disturb her, thinking she’s quite busy and tip toed around just to find this is what she was writing:

LOL. FOr those of you who didnt get it, she was making freaking notes of each makeup item she is going to use for each function . So For 23 rd its Mulch on crease with Honey Pot ,  Woodwinked with blah blah blah! Gosh! Now you know, both of us are beauty obsessed!

Practices, Oh. Practices

Dance Practices are all wrapped up by the way and we have our 18 minute medley in place. My favourite song? My mom and dads dance on Laung da lishkara ! Theyr so cute, have you realised all parents in their seventies love to just do one step- the twist? They just keep twisting no matter what the song!!!!

APart from that Dance Practices have been a humongous coordination exercise. There have  been practices in Delhi which have been choreographed by me, practices in Ludhiana for all the cousins who are there, practices by mom and dad  by my schools dance teacher and practices for me and boy by a choreographer. It’s all been quite crazy!

PS: Ishita and Avika if you are reading this- go and practice that damn song or i will take out my teacher whip again!!!

Mehendi Outfits.

My mehendi outfit came today and i hadn’t even seen it before this. Mehendi is actually a very small homely function so there’s nothing to heavy for it. Another cousin of mine (Not the Bellezaa one), this is another one designed this for me after i ideated with her about  a corset and skirt. I gave my phulkari dupatta and she made a corset out of it and gave me a matching skirt!

Lingerie Shopping

La Senza is on sale by the way- their semi annual blow out so went and SPLURGED there ! Bought a lot of stuff, and it was an extremely wierd experience because my mother was with me and she kept making totally embarrassing comments that made me turn red. Lol. But fun !

Shreyashi June 19, 2012 at 9:12 am

Hey Mehak!!! Everything sounds so great and exciting!!! All the very best! Have a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT time… May you and ‘the boy’ always be happy :) Best of luck for the dances! Your outfit looks beautiful… Can’t wait to see your wedding pics! And your excitement is so infectious that I actually feel ecstatic just reading this! All my love and best wishes…

Ishita June 19, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hey Mahek! Best of luck hope everything goes well! That corset top looks lovely! When i saw the name Ishita, i got confused for seconds ! Lol

Pooja@IBC June 19, 2012 at 9:35 am

Oh my our little blogger princess is all grown up & flying off to get married! Sorry but I think I’m seriously going to cry (happy tears!)
Wish you all the very best for the wedding.May God bless you both with a lifetime of happiness together :)

mehak June 19, 2012 at 10:17 am

Lol Thankssss Pooja !! * Hug*

Priyanka June 19, 2012 at 9:48 am

Hey mehak…all the very best dear…i can imagine ur excitement…n i m getting goosebumps :)….
I know u will be a very pretty bride and will make ur Boy..go…Jaws dropped..!!! :D
Enjoy ur day…and hey do blog whenever u get time….;)…
Loads of luv……have fun….!!!!!

mehak June 19, 2012 at 10:38 am

The blog is on automatic update so posts shall continue atleast till 1st-2nd July then there might be a lil break

tanveer June 19, 2012 at 10:02 am

Congrats Mehak!

Hope you have a lot of fun, and wish you all the best..

The mehndi outfit looks very pretty, and I actually quite liked your sister’s idea of planning her makeup. I generally start off with one look in mind and end up with a totally different look .. :P

mehak June 19, 2012 at 10:38 am

Haha it is actually a good idea, i just found it so funny how seriously she w making notes in her little black book ! lol!

RJ June 19, 2012 at 10:08 am

All the best dear…. The way you are updating us on everything and your witty writing style makes me feel that I am actually a part of the wedding… and yes you are right about the twist thing… :)

Riya June 19, 2012 at 10:09 am

All the very best. May you have a happy married life forever!

SweetAndBitter June 19, 2012 at 10:11 am

ohh dear….such a sweet post! i loved the idea of making a corset from fulkari duppata…even i have a heavy duppata and I do not know what to do out of it…..superliked ur idea…

GOd bless u and ur ‘boy’ :D

enjoy ^.^

akhila June 19, 2012 at 10:13 am

Mehak, Welcome to Hyd btw, its raining cats, dogs and elephants here…. just wanted you to know :) mostly cloudy all thru the day/night/whatever, roads are jam packed with queues of traffic, no hint of sunshine dur dur tak …. May your bling bring some vibrant hues to the city …. Welcome dear !!!

mehak June 19, 2012 at 10:18 am

Haha thanks akhila.
I heard its raining, but thats so much better than the current delhi temperature of 46 degrees !!!!

Hardeep June 19, 2012 at 10:16 am

Congrats Mehak..Love reading your bridal files :) Super fun and ofcourse great advice :) Wish you the best for married life..can’t wait to see your wedding pictures..*hugz*

Kejal June 19, 2012 at 10:34 am

Hey Mehak! Hope u hav a blast at the wedding!!!! Wish you both lotsa happiness and may all ur dreams come true!! God bless!!

thedelhibride June 19, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Yet another Bridal Files. Yet another post that made me smile! :)
Say thanks to your mother for the pre-bridal routine. I shall pass this on to mine!

meera June 19, 2012 at 12:15 pm

hey all set! May God bless u with everything u wish for..have a great time:)

Manu June 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Best wishes and lots of luck for your big day and future, Mehaku! Enjoy :)

swastika June 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Your bridal files bring out the smile in my face..i keep smiling at my laptop at my workplace..i am sure my colleagues think i am losing my mind!
All the very very best dear..have a happy married life..and try to enjoy your D day..for the bride it is the toughest to sit back and enjoy..still try:)
HAve a great honeymoon too…
btw, I just came back from UK, so be ready for temperamental weather there..once it is raining , next it is cold and windy and the next moment it is nice n pretty with sunshine

Shang J. June 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Haha I remember doing the same listing of makeup products things two years back for a wedding. :P

indianmakeupways June 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm

wishing you the very best mehak. Have loads of fun and looking fwd to see wedding pics. :) take care.

amz88 June 19, 2012 at 1:20 pm

aw Congratulations! best wishes :D i really envy you hehe im far away from being married anytime soon hehe

M June 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm

After all these months…it’s finally here ! If we as readers are getting so excited about it, one can only imagine your excitement and happiness… :)

Fahima June 19, 2012 at 2:31 pm

This blog post made me smile throughout, I feel excited for
You! Lol all the best, and do post pictures whenever you can!!

Shivani June 19, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Can’t wait for getting married after readin ur posts! need to find a guy urgently :P. Can’t wait for ur bridal pics…

Dolon June 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Wish you the very best Mehak…may you both have a blissful life ahead:)

Namita June 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Why is that your marriage excites me so much :D Its like I am getting married haha :D I wish I stayed in Hyd, would have gate crashed ;)
Jokes apart, Best wishes Mehak :) I am sure the boy(‘the boy’ HAS to be yours, doesn’t fit in anyone else calling theirs so, or you calling him anything else, doesn’t sound good :D, ‘the boy’ has a nice ring to it) will go awstruck :) You’ll make a very beautiful bride :)
PS: Your sis is so adorable! ^_^
PPS: Do post us humble readers some pictures, atleast a tweet pic :)

Heena June 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm

All d best n Good Luck!! Ur posts make me feel happy!!:D
God bless you wid lodza love n smiles!:)

Emm June 19, 2012 at 3:25 pm

After Keerthi’s wedding, I was wondering when was yours! Have loads of fun and I would say that samaan is quite less ;)

mehak June 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Thats cos im not settling down thr na im coming back to delhi- plus honeymoon suitcase is already couriered!

Deeptima June 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Hi Mehak ,
my best wishes for your new life.. God bless !!
love and hugs :)

Avni June 19, 2012 at 5:49 pm

All the best Mehek

Shweta June 19, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Congrats n all the best have a blast!

tannima June 19, 2012 at 6:07 pm

all the best mehak.. hope you have a fun wedding.. looking forward to the wedding pics…. and that outfit is soo pretty… u hv such talented cousins.. :P
my mom also makes really weird remakes while buying Lingerie gets soo weird….

i fail to understand how can you keep posting now also…

giggle girlie June 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Hey mehak!!!all the are about to embark for new journey of your life and a very sweet one!!Girls day out sounded so much fun so sweet of your sis..sisters are the best!:) Shopping at la senza is like therapy for me..went there with my sisters and had fun!!

Shalini June 19, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Have Fun Mehak :) …

Ansh June 19, 2012 at 8:25 pm

i didnt cry when my sister got married. but i’m seriously going to cry now! u r gonna become a lady in a few days…awww!!

Chris June 19, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Congrats! This is all so exciting! And I am very happy for you. *hugs you tight*

Nivedita June 19, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Everything is so much of fun!! Hahaha. You cousin is just too sweet!!! Of all the outfits , i liked this one the best and I can only image how beautiful you would look like!

Isn’t it wonderful too see parents dancing again?
* In a gruff tone* And we thought we were the coolest ones around!

Vanu June 19, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Finally d day has come! Mehak, All d very best for all ur efforts and preparations. Gosh! im short of wishes for u….

Ritika June 19, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Welcome to my home, Hyderabad Mahek! :)
Do have biryani at Bawarchi ok? And lots of good luck n wishes for a happy happy future ahead!

swaths June 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Hi Mehak,

First time i’m commenting on any blog ever!
Wish you a very happy and blissful married life!
I got married about four months back and can relate to all the excitement ! Except you seem to be a more organised bride! :) All your bridal files were amazing! Its like we virtually connected!

Congrats and have fun!

Jyoti June 19, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Wow! I am just excited reading this post. You must be on a high already ;)
All the best with the preparation & welcome to Hyd! :D
Lol Now that u remind me, its been 15 days and i haven’t even tasted the famous Biriyani here.Should do that this week. ;)

Jan June 19, 2012 at 10:54 pm

That wedding post just gave me the warm fuzzies..Man , I want to attend a wedding badly now! Too bad Indian weddings are very very rare in the US. I didn’t know that north Indian weddings took this dancing bit so seriously..I mean choreographing and all ? Is it just your family thing or is that how its done there now ?

Hope you have a great wedding.. don’t forget to have fun!

mehak June 19, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Thats how its done now..The girls side performs, the boys side performs and then the dj comes on and its all normal freestyle.

Jan June 19, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Pretty cool..Ok now go and relax and have fun! Dont chk the blog :)

Roli Gaur June 19, 2012 at 11:30 pm

congratulations once again and have fun!!!!!

Loads of love

Nupur June 20, 2012 at 2:10 am

I agree with the girls above….it’s kind of exciting to be part of a wedding, even if you’re only reading about it! Aren’t those Frontier Raas carry bags so so convenient?? :) Congratulations and all the best for the wedding!

divya g June 20, 2012 at 2:32 am

I am sooo excited, SO EXCITED. I guess next time you’ll have time to update will be as Mrs. Mehak. It is weird because it feels like I am on the girl’s side too getting ready to say bye, but at least you’ll be back to blogosphere and in our lives lol. Cannot wait to see all the posts soon and most of all, GOOD LUCK.

P.S Dear ‘The Boy’, if you are reading this….hope you realise how lucky you are bagging the lovely Mehak.

x x x

Bhumika June 20, 2012 at 3:54 am

All the Best must be all excited, anxious..mixed feelings ah..and I have heard about the Casmara facial from you before..would love to try it..have to find one here now..

Neha June 20, 2012 at 8:02 am

Mehak!!!!!!!! All the best for a new beginning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Njy every sec of it…your mehndi outfit is cute..also will be desperately waiting for your wedding pics and may be ur dance video ;) Anyway good luck and have fun!!!!!!

aman June 20, 2012 at 9:01 am

Hi Mehak ,
i read ur post on daily basis .
Congrats n tons of good wishes and waiting to see all ur bridal stuff and all suits and dresses.
Its very enjoying read ur post and ur reviews of products are very good.
Thanks .

ChicNChoco June 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Mehak, Many Many Congratulations to you & your “Boy”! ;)

pavani reddy June 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm

all the very best to u mehak…u will make an awesome bride….welcome to the biryani land…….lots of love

Ritika June 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Hey mehak iv been regularly reading ur blog since d past few days…. n i have to tell you its amazing!!! May u have a beautiful wedding and a happy happy life ahead!:);):)

Vijaylaxmi June 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hi Mehek,

I am silent follower of your blog since long time, many times i felt like commenting ,but never did. But today i couldnot stop my

First of a
You will make a very b

Vijaylaxmi June 20, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Hi Mehek,

I am silent follower of your blog since long time,many times i felt like commenting but never did.
today i couldnot stop myself.
First of all a heartiest congratulations to you and your boy. God bless both of you…
U will make an awesome bride…..
There are many blogs which i follow , but when it comes to reviews ,i trust only few. yours is one among them.

Have a blast..

shalini June 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm

All the very best and enjoy yourself to the T !!!

God Bless and have a great life ahead !

khaddu June 20, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Hi Mehek ….. congratulations .. I can feel the excitement and the jitters right here in Bangalore . !

shoppingaholic June 21, 2012 at 2:54 am

Best of luck darling!! Wish you all luck and happiness with your new and old family together and forever!! Love. Jiya

Rima June 21, 2012 at 9:55 am

Mehak ,wish you all the very best!!This would be one of your most cherishable moments in life.Its a start of a whole new chapter of your life!!Wow all you sisters seem to be so good in fashion…really nice colour of the skirt and the corset is beautiful!!i m just waiting to see your wedding would be one of the most gorgeous looking brides!!!

Jazz June 21, 2012 at 10:19 am

Long time I came here, you have got hell lot of updates dear.. Firstly many many congratulations to you and your boy ;-) And you in Hyd ? My family’s there too, and the weather is awesome now. Have a blast, and waiting for your own bridal pics.. :-)

Cynthia Z June 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Hey Mehak, have a FANTASTIC wedding day! My best wishes to you both. The mehendi outfit looks fab, the color suits you well.

Sharon June 21, 2012 at 7:58 pm

This post totally made me go all *sniff sniff*!

Congratulations. Mehak! And hope you have a wonderful wedding and an even better married life!

God bless you!

thevowsandbeyond June 22, 2012 at 7:36 am

Many congrats Mehek! You have been of immense help as I plan my own wedding later this year in Delhi. Thanks for all the tips! All the very very best for a wonderful life ahead!

Padmaja June 22, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Welcome to Hyderabad Mehak! :)
As a reader I can say, your blog followers are as much excited about your wedding!
we feel part of the celebrations :)
Good luck for the celebrations!
Enjoy every bit of the best of your lifetime moments!

Gwen June 24, 2012 at 10:28 pm

May you have a blessed wedding! I’m a Singaporean Chinese but I sure love all the hindi marriage thingy! Its fun and really really festive! Show us pictures too and of cos your makeup and hair!!! Take care!

Christina June 24, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Congrats again, have a great great time and God Bless you every step of the way……

prerna June 24, 2012 at 10:51 pm

awesome!!!! i am so excited and happy for u :)….n ur sis is so cute!..

congratulations once again…ul make a BEAUTIFULlll fun awesome bride …god bles..

Preeti Kaur April 3, 2013 at 1:23 am

Hey Mehek,

Which parlor in Delhi has Casmara Facial?? from where did u get your pre-bridals done?